Cavs Win In Overtime 121-120

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by briang8818, May 3, 2006.

1. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

LeBron drives for the game winning hoop with .9 left on the clock.

Incredible props to the Wizards who never gave up and kept the game in their hands the whole time. James and Arenas had an amazing duel which one of them had to lose and it was Gilbert.

My hand finally stopped shaking for me to be able to type this.

2. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Did Washington not have a timeout at the end?

3. briang8818

They did. The cavs announcers could not believe they didn't take it. Arenas was immediately signaling to give him the ball, so the inbounder probably never thought about it.

4. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

That's washington's style they just run, but still that was a great finnish. who's not clutch?

5. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

Anyone catch the look of MJ in the eyes of LeBron during the final 3 seconds of the game? He cannot be stopped, and he knows it. For a moment, I forgot who Jordan was as I watched that game. Wizard players flopping all over the court trying to get charging calls isn't the answer.

6. briang8818

Well, I saw a lot of determination in his eyes today. Maybe not MJesque, but he did have that look that the only way to stop him is to stop him from walking.

In the end, it was a mix of a once and a lifetime player and bad defense. We know who wins out there.

7. VinsanityVC15

VinsanityVC15 JBB JustBBall Member

wow lebron is really coming through in the playoffs.

8. LiQz

LiQz JBB JustBBall Member

That was an insane drive by LBJ, but I am more disappointed at the Wizards D. Last three seconds? you let the guy drive right under the basket for a layup? wtf

9. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

^exactly what I was thinking, that was some crap D. Their best player was able to get the ball and get an open lane to the rim with 3 seconds left. As for lostmyluggage complaining about flops, I didn't see any. Lebron had 1 bad chatge call against him, but he also got away with such an obvious charge at the end of the 1st half. All the TNT guys couldn't even believe how blatantly wrong the call was.

10. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

You forgot to also mention that another thing the TNT guys said is that the Wizards have lost their fundamental defensive principles because of trying to take too many charges and it not working.

11. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

All I have to say is "I am a witness"....spectacular game last night, shame on those who say Bron Bron isn't clutch.

12. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

I think people are being too harsh of the wiiz's defense in the last possesion what could they do foul him? he was 17-18 and that would have been as good as the game winner practically.

13. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

LeBron is playing amazing this series.

14. briang8818

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">You forgot to also mention that another thing the TNT guys said is that the Wizards have lost their fundamental defensive principles because of trying to take too many charges and it not working.</div>You have to laugh at that when you see it. The Fox Sports Ohio guys were commenting on that as well during the game. That's not real defense, that's cowards defense. Taking a charge every now and then is part of a strategy, but it doesn't work when every time LeBron drives, the entire Wizards team stands up straight like chess pieces hoping LeBron will run into him.

You're not gonna win games like that.

15. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

Wow just amazing. Who says LeBron isnt clutch. To be honest it wasnt that hard...Michael Ruffin practically moved away on purpose so he could score