Politics CBO Misses Its Obamacare Projection by 24 Million People

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Denny Crane, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001732

CBO Misses Its Obamacare Projection by 24 Million People

4:34 PM, MAR 28, 2016 | By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare’s implementation, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people.

Indeed, based on the CBO's own numbers, it seems possible that Obamacare has actually reduced the number of people with private health insurance. In 2013, the CBO projected that, without Obamacare, 186 million people would be covered by private health insurance in 2016—160 million on employer-based plans, 26 million on individually purchased plans. The CBO now says that, with Obamacare, 177 million people will be covered by private health insurance in 2016—155 million on employer-based plans, 12 million on plans bought through Obamacare's government-run exchanges, and 9 million on other individually purchased plans (plus a rounding error of 1 million).

In other words, it would appear that a net 9 million people have lost their private health plans, thanks to Obamacare—with a net 5 million people having lost employer-based plans and a net 4 million people having lost individually purchased plans.

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Thanks Obama.

Here's your legacy, along with the $10T in debt you ran up.

rasheedfan2005 and MarAzul like this.
  3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Gee, imagine that! I guess there are more than just me, that don't have insurance any longer. The shit they call insurance now is not worth buying. Might as well put the premium in the bank and use it to pay the bills. It's funny when you check it out, you can now buy much better health insurance to travel abroad with than you can get to live here.

rasheedfan2005 likes this.
  4. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

All it did was take peoples tax returns if they dont have insurance. I almost got bent over for that shit. I was part time but working 60 hours a week until I made a big enough stink about how legally I should be considered full time working those hours and magically a full time position opened. I imagine a lot of people are being bent over like that.

MarAzul likes this.