Celtics cut Miles

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Link

[​IMG]

2. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

:clap:

suck on it D-bag!

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Notice how it said "for a few days".

Somebody will pick him up, probably someone in the Western conf, just to mess with Portland.

4. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

I wished the Celtics waited on that decision. It started to look pretty obvious he wasn't going to make the team. Now is there another team out there willing to take a chance on him . . . after his pre-season numbers I hope not, but you never know.

I think the longer Darius goes without a job, the more likely he will become out of shape.

5. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

I hope no one picks him up for a while. If they don't I have a feeling Miles will not keep trying to get in shape and might just give up. If he doesn't give up it would mean eventually he will play 10 games IMO. I really don't care that much but it couldn't hurt for us to have as much cap space as possible next year if we don't make a trade at the deadline.

6. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

dude, miles is terrible. this doesn't do anything to us. we'll win any appeals, he's slow and worthless. add that to his lazy attitude, and I can rest easy

7. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Who's going to want to pick him up?

He was in the perfect situation in Boston.

Veteran team. They could have brought him along slowly.

He averaged 1.8 ppg 1.4 rpg - he is NOT an NBA player right now.

I'll quote KP on this one: "His knee is the worst I've ever seen." in regards to seeing his MRI.

Maybe Miles could make it in Europe.

8. <-=*PdX*=->

<-=*PdX*=-> RCTID

Some pretty good news. Good way to start off my day. Now to get ready for my midterm at noon.

9. Furball

Furball Member

Miles had a good situation going for himself in Boston. They really had no small forwards to come in off the bench. The fact is that Darius was fat, slow and wasn't busting his ass to make it work. I watched a couple of his half assed efforts and couldn't believe that I saw him standing around. I understand the knee is not all the way back, but you can still hustle your ass off. I don't think anyone will sign him. It would be a blatent attempt to piss off Portland, and the last thing you want is to piss off another team with a shady move. Especially a guy like Pritch. If a team is trying to make a play for a guy, with the contracts we have, Pritch can just step up and offer a better package with 1st round picks just to cock block the other team. You don't want to mess with peoples cap space.

10. RW#30

RW#30 Member

I do your mid term, you get the comcast deal done. Now that would make it a great day.:cheers:

11. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

It could happen, but when you look at his ten game suspension he'd look awfully unattractive for a team to pickup off the waiver wire, unless their only goal is to stick it to KP, but you have to think opposing GMs have bigger fish to fry -- like making sure they are fielding a roster full of players who will be able to contribute on the court in a meaningful way -- I know he'd likely be filling the fifteenth or fourteenth spot on a roster and unlikely expected to be making a meaningful contribution, but if you had pick between Darius Miles, Shav Randolph or Luke Jackson off of waivers who would you choose?

Let's look at the conditions that would have to exist for Miles to torpedo our capspace.
    1. No ten day contracts, only a veteran's minimum contract (likely a guaranteed deal).
    2. Makes a team and must be activated for ten games without being able to play.
    3. Is good enough to make the twelve man active roster beating out more able bodied teammates.
    4. Actually has to play in ten games past his suspension.

I don't wish Darius any ill will, as I think he actually is fighting back from a devastating knee injury, and apparently he's motivated (whether by love of the game or revenge I don't know) but he just doesn't have have anything left in the tank and I think Boston waiving him is a serious nail in the coffin of Darius' career as an NBA player.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  12. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I could see Phil Jaxson picking him up just to mess with us!

13. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

No, the Lakers seem to be pretty full with what they have. I seriously can see another team in the West picking him up though.

14. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Man, if I was a shrewd GM, I'd call OKC and say that there might be something in their trade deadline stocking if Miles was signed to help "shore up" the SF spot and "mentor" Durant and Green for 20 games.

Then again, I might be Stern-slapped like McHale was for Joe Smith. But I wouldn't put it past somebody (ahem, Kupchak).

15. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Kupchak and the Lakers are good enough without risking serious repercussions from the league for tampering and colluding with another team to cause financial loss for another team.

16. BlazerFanForLife

BlazerFanForLife Member

I personally think that the best thing for Darius would be to rest this year and get ready and in shape for next year, also his knee should be looking better by next year. Unfortunatly im not sure if hes smart enough to simply eat and work out for a year, he could remake himself into a PF down low banger he looks to be around 6'11 now. That way he wouldnt need to play the role of a slasher which is much more athletic and worse for his knees.

17. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I was saying it specifically because K*be's a bigger risk to opt out if we have 20M in cap room than if we have 11. Maybe like 10% versus 0%, but still much bigger....not because Mitch is more shady or the L*kers have more to fear from our team on the court or anything.

18. <-=*PdX*=->

<-=*PdX*=-> RCTID

:drumroll:

19. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Why? He showed nothing with Boston, his hops are pretty much gone, and he doesn't have the fundamentals to compensate for his lost athleticism.

Plus, Miles seemingly gave this comback effort everything he had, to the length of cheating with dietary supplements. Now that it is obvious that he is at best a practice-squad player, the real question is how will Darius react to this failure. I had to laugh when I saw him sitting next to KG on the bench, yucking it up like an All-Star, because his current game should have had him elbowing it out with Scalabrine for the stool at the end of the bench.

20. BlayZa

BlayZa Misbehaving responsibly

Media/Advertisng
    this is good news!

now hopefully the other GM's are aware of just how horrible he's been and wont go near him and we can FINALLY close the book on Mr Miles