Celtics Interested in Rudy?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Masbee, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    Doesn't matter if he wants to be here or not he has a contract with us and we shoudlnt' just give him away. There is some interest for him so we should move him as part of a bigger deal and not just for himself. I liked the idea of a S&T with pryz/rudy for tony allen.

2. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'd rather have him pouting from the bench than have him on the Celtics' roster and a late first rounder in our pocket.

Ed O.

3. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Yes, because pouting on the bench helps us so much

4. mgb

mgb Over-Nite Sensation

I don't know, think we'd be giving up to much for Paul. I can just see Mills going to NO and becoming a super star and we regret it later!

5. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

He'll be there if he's needed. And getting so little for a guy that could really help another team isn't in our best interests.

Ed O.

6. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

As much as I've soured on Rudy and want to get him the hell of this team, I agree. If that means Rudy holds out and refuses to play or decides to stay in Spain then so be it. His contract can at worst be used as part of throw in before the trading deadline to hopefully get this team a player it really wants. A future first rounder doesn't do a whole lot for me.

7. shamelessblazer

shamelessblazer Member

With Amare gone, Steve Nash might be ready to go after a championship somewhere else...

POR Out: Pryzbilla/Bayless/Rudy/Miller
    POR In: Nash/Allen/Hill (wish we could have them all 5 years ago huh?)

Would make sense why we're stocking up on guards with trading a bunch out. Allen is a great spot up shooter on the break, and still a decent defender. Hill is an incredibly versatile ballhandler, and we'd add a wealth of experience to our team with those deals.

BOS Out 2: S&T Ray Allen (same deal as Andre has? 2 years guaranteed 7-8 mill?)

BOS Receives: Barbosa/Rudy/pick?

Those guys could play with Rondo well and run really fast down the court, any chance they'd want Miller as a value vet?

PHX Out: Nash/Hill/Barbosa
    PHX In: Bayless/Miller/Pryzbilla

They save a little scratch, add a nice young piece in Bayless, and get a lot of financial flexibility, blowing up a team that can't compete anymore.

We'd get very old with these deals and have a semi-weak bench, but a ton of high IQ vets who want to win badly.

Nash/Allen
    Roy/(Batum/Allen)
    Hill/Batum
    Aldridge/Cunningham
    Camby/Oden

with leftovers of Babbit, Johnson, Williams, Pendergraph, and Mills.

I know we wouldn't have a real backup PG, but between the ballhandling ability of Allen, Batum, and Hill I think we'd be fine. And that may look like a logjam with five good players at the 1-3 spots, but someone will probably always be needing a little rest between age and injury concerns. We'd always have a very high IQ on the court and not a lot of long-term commitment. Plus Nash has never got to play with defensive bigs like Camby or Oden, and I'd say Aldridge is a much better defender than Amare.

8. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    [​IMG]

I knew it'd be only a matter of time when Shamelessblazer starts up his Nash (or Iggy) to Portland ideas.

9. shamelessblazer

shamelessblazer Member

c'mon man, haven't wanted Iggy ever since he got that new contract. Would only want Nash if we didn't have to give up Roy, Oden, Aldridge or Batum. But I do think he'd make a lot of players on our team better.

(and that post was mostly in jest)

10. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

^^^^^ Did Rasta say we were getting a SHE for a GM? Shit, I can just imagine. Every 28 days there would be all these trades and crazy shit goin' on!

11. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Let Sheed retire as a Blazer!