Celtics Roll Call

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by Ice, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting postpoint:</div><div class="quote_post">How long have you been a fan?

Who is your current favorite player?

Who is your All Time favorite player?

What was your favorite moment?

-------------------
    I have been a fan since the essential end of the big three, 1992. I didn't follow basketball hugely until Antoine arrived. I know he's a punk, but I still love him. Not my favorite player though, that is...

Al Jefferson. Tommy and I have to share the love, but there's enough to go around. And those hands!

My all time favorite player mantle is a huge tie: Alaa "I'm from Eqypt" Abdelnaby or Stojko "Chris Ford is poking me in the back as we speak" Vrankovic. There have been other Vrankovii, but none compare to him.

My absolute favorite moment (aside from the galvanizing 27 point deficit in Jersey) was Acie Earl dropping forty on the celts when he played for the raps. Whenever the celts are getting pounded by some terrible team, I think of Acie.</div>

Ahh, our boy Stokjo, and not only that, but how many A's can you fit into one name?

That Earl game felt like he scored a hundred and twenty. It was rough. Remember that vicious block Greg Minor had on him in that game? Minor actually started talking trash after that. So what did Earl do? Dropped 15 in the fourth quarter. Ridiculous.

2. GrnDynsty

GrnDynsty JBB Banned Member

My turn

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Crywalker:</div><div class="quote_post">Ahh, our boy Stokjo, and not only that, but how many A's can you fit into one name?

That Earl game felt like he scored a hundred and twenty. It was rough. Remember that vicious block Greg Minor had on him in that game? Minor actually started talking trash after that. So what did Earl do? Dropped 15 in the fourth quarter. Ridiculous.</div>

Name: GrnDynsty

Hometown: Boston, MA (South End Represent!)

Years Following The Celtics: 30 (When I was born at Boston City Hospital, the other side of my ID bracelet said "Yankees Suck!"...I bleed green.)

Favorite All Time Celtics: Bill Russell, Jojo White, Charlie Scott, Robert Parish, Paul Silas, Dave Cowens, Kevin McHale, Larry Bird, Danny Ainge, Tiny Archibald, Bill Walton, Dennis Johnson, Reggie Lewis, Eric Williams, Kenny Anderson, Antoine Walker, Paul Pierce

Least Favorite All Time Celtics: Brad Lohaus, Ramon Rivas, Rick Robey, Greg Kite, Connor Henry, Stojko Vrankovic, Artis Gilmore, Steve Hamer, Acie Earl, Todd Day, Darren Morningstar, Chris Corciani, Dino Radja, Brett Szabo, Junior Burrough, Marty Conlan

Favorite Band Aids: Xavier McDaniel, Dominique Wilkins, Gary Payton

Favorite Almost-Celtics: Omar Cook, Lenny Cooke, Wayne Turner (3 games)

Favorite Celtic Moments: The 1976, 1981, 1984 and 1986 Championships.

Personal Favorite Squads: 1985-86 (how basketball was intended to be played), 1991-92 (36-17 after the New Year, after Reggie went down the Big Two had their last hurrah vs. Charlotte), 1996-97 (no Duncan or Van Horn, but the excitement is back!) 2001-02 (the fans finally start to feel the C's again), 2004-05 (He's baaaaack!)

Least Favorite Squads: Look at the standings and rosters through the past 20 years...it's obvious!

Least Favorite Celtic Moments: The death of Len Bias. The death of Reggie Lewis. All the horrible draft picks through the years (never draft a player from BYU ever again!). Rick Pitino coaching the C's like a college team. The Boston fans treating the basketball team like a red headed stepchild in recent years. The Vin Baker for Kenny Anderson deal. The fans love/hate relationship with Antoine Walker. The fans NEW love/hate relationship with Paul Pierce. The culture of basketball is not the same as baseball or football. Don't expect Paul Pierce to be like Tom Brady...they have completely different backgrounds!

If you're a hardcore basketball fan, this is tough city to live in. I LOVE the Red Sox (I never spent a day in the batting cages), I LOVE the Patriots (I bounced from football practice to ball as a kid), the Bruins are merely the team with the OTHER banners in the TD Banknorth Garden where I'm from.
    Basketball is a year 'round sport with the Summer Pro League, the Entertainers Basketball Classic, etc. My dream is to one day see the city embrace the Celtics like they once did...it may never happen, but one can still dream. One.

3. tiny dancer

tiny dancer JBB JustBBall Member

Yuck..I hate baseball. Basketball is the sport for me and dont ask me why people dont love it like we do. Boston became a city full of fairweather fans in the span of 4 years. I say screw 'em.

4. gocelts34

gocelts34 BBW Member

How long have you been a fan? Since I can remember.

Who is your current favorite player? Paul Pierce

Who is your All Time favorite player? Dino Radja

What was your favorite moment? When Paul Pierce and Al Harrington were trash talking, then Pierce nailed a jumper in Al's eye.

5. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gocelts34:</div><div class="quote_post">How long have you been a fan? Since I can remember.

Who is your current favorite player? Paul Pierce

Who is your All Time favorite player? Dino Radja

What was your favorite moment? When Paul Pierce and Al Harrington were trash talking, then Pierce nailed a jumper in Al's eye.</div>

Dino? No kiddin'? The last time I heard someone say that, they were laughing so hard they popped a blood vessel.

That being said, welcome to the board, and we hope to see what great things you can bring. So far, it's been nice havin' you around.

6. gocelts34

gocelts34 BBW Member

I couldn't think of anyone else. I started watching basketball like Pierce's rookie year. Whats the matter with Dino anyways ha ha??

7. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gocelts34:</div><div class="quote_post">I couldn't think of anyone else. I started watching basketball like Pierce's rookie year. Whats the matter with Dino anyways ha ha??</div>

You don't remember Pitino's first season with the team? That's was Dino's finest moment. He asked to be traded to a team with a warm climate, Pitino came back at him at a press conference and said, "sorry this isn't Club Med, but you're paid to play basketball." And Dino subsequently quit the team. It was one of the funniest moments in C's history. Dino was also well known for being the softest European in the league during his years. He was a scorer and little else. But he did provide some laughs, it was kind of like watching Deion tackle with the Cowboys in the late 90's.

8. gocelts34

gocelts34 BBW Member

I never watched him play, just saw some of his stats. I started watching the NBA when Pierce first came into the league, so I don't remember any of that.

9. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gocelts34:</div><div class="quote_post">I never watched him play, just saw some of his stats. I started watching the NBA when Pierce first came into the league, so I don't remember any of that.</div>

No problem, just wanted to lay down a little knowledge for you. It was kind of a tongue in cheek kind of funny, but I enjoyed it.

10. HASAN33

HASAN33 JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan?
    31 years-all my life

I really dont have a favorite player on the squad right now. the obivous choice would be pierce or davis. pierce acts like a crybaby sometimes and davis has calmed down a lot but his enthusiasm and energy are out of this world. so right now it would have to be davis and the young boys like al jefferson, orien green, gomes, and west

larry bird and/or bill russell

1. the 1984 championship in 1984 because it was against the lakers (the steal by gerald henderson was up there with bird's against the pistons)
    2. the STEAL-bird against the pistons
    3. 3 point NBA All Star contest in Chicago with Bird putting his finger in the air #1 before the ball even reached the hoop
    4. 2002 Eastern Conference Championship with the Cs coming back from 21 pts down

11. jbbBBallin4life

jbbBBallin4life JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan?: Since the mid 90's.

Who is your current favorite player?: Hmmm, close tie between Delonte West and Ricky Davis.

Who is your All Time favorite player?: This is a close one, but I'd have to give the nod to Bill Russell, just over Nate "Tiny" Archibald.

What was your favorite moment?: The monstrous fourth quarter comeback in Jersey. Pierce just went off.

I've been around the forum for a long time, just never really posted much, liking the new changes and I hope to stick around.

12. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BBallin4life:</div><div class="quote_post">How long have you been a fan?: Since the mid 90's.

Who is your current favorite player?: Hmmm, close tie between Delonte West and Ricky Davis.

Who is your All Time favorite player?: This is a close one, but I'd have to give the nod to Bill Russell, just over Nate "Tiny" Archibald.

What was your favorite moment?: The monstrous fourth quarter comeback in Jersey. Pierce just went off.

I've been around the forum for a long time, just never really posted much, liking the new changes and I hope to stick around.</div>

Glad to have you around buddy. With the way the C's forum has been lately (incredible, information-rich) you'll want to get in now and help us out. All of us here have some good stuff to offer, and I expect you'll be no different. Thanks for showin' up, and here's to hopin' it sticks this time.

13. rockthecourt55

rockthecourt55 JBB JustBBall Member

as long as i can remember
    pierce
    bird
    so many i cant pick

14. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting rockthecourt55:</div><div class="quote_post">as long as i can remember
    pierce
    bird
    so many i cant pick</div>

Welcome to the group, the more the merrier, see what you think of the rest of the board and let's see what you've got. Thanks for joining up and we look forward to some of your posts.

15. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

Watched last years season opener, and haven't looked back.

Ricky Davis

Ricky Davis (obviously)!

Haven't been a fan for too long so I would have to say, either watching the Celts win their First Atlantic Division Title since Larry Bird was around, or getting the opportunity to attend a meet and greet with Ricky Davis at the Basketball Hall of Fame and having him recognize me and go out of his way to come over and say hello to me the next day at a game.

16. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CeltixQueen:</div><div class="quote_post">Watched last years season opener, and haven't looked back.

Ricky Davis

Ricky Davis (obviously)!

Haven't been a fan for too long so I would have to say, either watching the Celts win their First Atlantic Division Title since Larry Bird was around, or getting the opportunity to attend a meet and greet with Ricky Davis at the Basketball Hall of Fame and having him recognize me and go out of his way to come over and say hello to me the next day at a game.</div>

That's awesome, he must be just as nice a guy as he seems.

17. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

Well, as a matter of fact he is an extremely nice guy. But surprisingly he is VERY VERY shy! Who cares I Love Him!

18. GFXSPORTS

GFXSPORTS JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan?
    1 year
    pierce
    bird
    dont have them

19. Smoo-V

Smoo-V JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? Probably about 1996, I was a Bulls fan when I was real young.

Who is your current favorite player? Ricky Davis

Who is your All Time favorite player? Michael Jordan

What was your favorite moment? In 1981 I think, I watched it on Classic when Bird rebounded his own miss and layed it in from out of bounds for a win.

20. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Smoo-V:</div><div class="quote_post">How long have you been a fan? Probably about 1996, I was a Bulls fan when I was real young.

Who is your current favorite player? Ricky Davis

Who is your All Time favorite player? Michael Jordan

What was your favorite moment? In 1981 I think, I watched it on Classic when Bird rebounded his own miss and layed it in from out of bounds for a win.</div>

Welcome to the board, nice to have a little more love for Ricky on here. The guy makes this team go, and he doesn't get near enough respect on here.