Chad Johnson

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by DP, May 29, 2005.

1. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You don't get it! The man has mental issues. He has a list of every CB he is expected to face each week & a yes or no option as to whether they can cover him. He clealrly takes time out of his day to rehearse his post td celebrations. He is as cocky as they come yet following a regular season loss he bawls to the media like a 4 yr old. He needs therapy!</div>

Yes he bawled like a little baby. Wait last time i checked he DIDNT! He was dissapointed but never cried. Hes having fun with football because he likes attention. BIG DEAL! I enjoy watching him do TD celebrations. U dont have to but there some people who enjoy them. Hes cocky but would u rather have a WR that thinks he sucks?? When cocky some people play better. Maybe ur jealous u dont have such a good WR on ur team [​IMG] His job is to play football and maybe he cares about fame to much more but atleast he doesnt get attention the way TO does.

2. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Why is it always b&w with some of you? I never said I have a problem with him celebrating. I have a problem with him being 2 faced. One minute he's giving cpr to a football the next he's whining over a game. It's JUST a game. That's why I have no problem with the celebrations. It's fun. He portrays this laid back attitude, but in fact he is an insecure little shit. But yeah I must be jealous [​IMG]

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's JUST a game.</div>

I disagree. Do you think Tom Brady thinks it's just a game? Do you think Peyton Manning thinks it's just a game? Every game counts. This isn't the NBA or MLB where one game might not matter. In football every game matters. Especially when Pittsburgh is riding there a$$ for the divsion. I don't see whats wrong with shedding a few tears after a lost. Now from what your saying, it sounds like he's bawled like a baby. Please correct me if I am wrong. From what GF1 is saying he didn't bawl. So who's right? Anyways it's there careers so no it's not just a game. To them it's life.

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's JUST a game.</div>

I disagree. Do you think Tom Brady thinks it's just a game? Do you think Peyton Manning thinks it's just a game? Every game counts. This isn't the NBA or MLB where one game might not matter. In football every game matters. Especially when Pittsburgh is riding there a$$ for the divsion. I don't see whats wrong with shedding a few tears after a lost. Now from what your saying, it sounds like he's bawled like a baby. Please correct me if I am wrong. From what GF1 is saying he didn't bawl. So who's right? Anyways it's there careers so no it's not just a game. To them it's life.</div>

Does anyone actually read threads anymore? I saw the fiasco. I didn't see the tears, but I had just gotten up. I did hear his voice breaking in high pitched squeek that was just disturbing to listen to. However, if you think for a second that Chad Johnson's blubbering had anything to do with the Bengals winning or losing, then I have some land that I would like to sell you. Chad Johnson's embarrassing display was about getting on camera and it worked beautifully. If the diva needs attention that badly, then Bakes was right. He really needs some therapy.

5. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Chad isn't quite at that super-elite level yet, but he's very close. I think he is entertaining and, for the most part, funny as crap. Vermeil is still with the Chiefs, so I guess I am kinda' immune to the blubbering. I look forward to many more of Chad's "celebrations" over the years. I don't view Chad in the same light as a TO or a Moss. Chad is a little over confident in his skills, but he usually does no harm to the team or the organization at large with his antics.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You don't get it! The man has mental issues. He has a list of every CB he is expected to face each week & a yes or no option as to whether they can cover him. He clealrly takes time out of his day to rehearse his post td celebrations. He is as cocky as they come yet following a regular season loss he bawls to the media like a 4 yr old. He needs therapy!</div>

There you go dale. See the line that says bawls to the media like a 4 year old.

So which is it? Was it just a few tears. When your shedding tears your voice tends to crack up. Or was it bawling like a baby.

7. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

I don't agree with physically crying unless it is the superbowl.

But if that is what he does then that is it. I'd prefer to see him shed a tear than to get on the television and blame everyone for not getting him the ball. Too mch of that crap in the NFL for my liking!

If only T.O would cry, he wouldn't have as much to say. But then he wouldn't get as much attention so that ain't gonna happen!

8. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

so he should be happy he lost... first off he didnt cry... he may of almost cried or had to try to keep from crying but he didnt cry...and why would it be a big deal if he cried either because hes emotional that he lost, because he knows his team couldve and shouldve played better, or are you just jealous because the bengals are better than the patriots this year...i dont get why you care so much if he is upset because his team played bad

9. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>But if that is what he does then that is it. I'd prefer to see him shed a tear than to get on the television and blame everyone for not getting him the ball. Too mch of that crap in the NFL for my liking!</div>

Bengals receiver Chad Johnson was unhappy during and after Sunday's game against the Jaguars. On top of the loss, he felt he was not a factor in the game as much as he would've liked. "They didn't get it to me, period," Johnson told the Cincinnati Enquirer. "They doubled me the whole game. That happens every week. Does that mean when a team doubles me that I'm through?"

Here's Chad Johnson blaming everyone for not getting him the ball. I'm not sure who "they" are, but I would guess he's refering to Carson Palmer, Marvin Lewis and the Bengals offensive coordinator. Then again, he could be talking about JUST Carson Palmer but hasn't summoned enough guts to call Palmer out personally yet. I'm telling you guys that Chad isn't whining about the Bengals losing. He's whining about not getting the ball enough and so that he can get camera time. Oh wait, according to Brian Westbrook, I'm just a guy who observes football games so I can't really have an opinion that really means anything. Yeah, right.

Joe Kay, an AP sports writer, brings us another gem from Chad.

``Last night, I felt like I wished I wasn't Chad Johnson,'' he said Monday. ``Last night, I felt like I wished I wasn't good. I had to keep from crying on the sideline because I wished I wasn't that good because I wouldn't be getting the attention I'm getting. I just want to catch the ball, that's it.''

Joe Kay, also wrote this,

After one series, he went to the sideline and lobbied for the ball. And, he got it -- along with comparisons to Terrell Owens, who berates his quarterbacks, and cousin Keyshawn Johnson, who had it out with quarterback Drew Bledsoe on the sideline Sunday.

Johnson thinks his situation is entirely different.

``It's not a selfish act,'' the receiver said. ``Everyone considers me a game breaker. One play, I can change the entire game. All I want is the opportunity to do that. That's it. Now if you give me those opportunities and I don't get it done, I can't say nothing. When I don't get the opportunity, I've got to be able to voice myself here.

``I've done enough here to where I think I should be able to do that, for real. Think about it. I'm not a bad guy. I'm not a knucklehead. I do everything the right way.''

The INDISPUTABLE Truth is that Chad Johnson = NFL Diva.

10. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chad isn't quite at that super-elite level yet, but he's very close. I think he is entertaining and, for the most part, funny as crap. Vermeil is still with the Chiefs, so I guess I am kinda' immune to the blubbering. I look forward to many more of Chad's "celebrations" over the years. I don't view Chad in the same light as a TO or a Moss. Chad is a little over confident in his skills, but he usually does no harm to the team or the organization at large with his antics.</div>

Chad Johnson not as bad as TO or Moss? He is getting to be just as bad, at least according to DD's posts. He has got NFL Diva written all over him.

At least Moss had the maturity to say that he couldn't do it all himself, that he needed teammates to step up since he was being triple covered.

I have a feeling some of these players feel as if the OC should come up with some elaborate trick play to get them into single coverage so they can have some show time. IMO, anytime they get open they should be thanking the OC, because you know the opposing DC is doing everything he can to keep these players contained.

11. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

im not arguing that he is a diva with his gold teeth but hes not like those guys hes not about the things their about...Chad has never called out Carson palmer in the way that keyshawn did bledsoe last week or TO and donovans fiasco. and the thing is...he was open 80% of the time...he didnt go and complain that hes not gettting the ball he told "them" that he was open so they threw him the ball and it worked...hes not doing it to bump his stats he does it because it gives his team a better chance to win

12. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chad isn't quite at that super-elite level yet, but he's very close. I think he is entertaining and, for the most part, funny as crap. Vermeil is still with the Chiefs, so I guess I am kinda' immune to the blubbering. I look forward to many more of Chad's "celebrations" over the years. I don't view Chad in the same light as a TO or a Moss. Chad is a little over confident in his skills, but he usually does no harm to the team or the organization at large with his antics.</div>

Chad Johnson not as bad as TO or Moss? He is getting to be just as bad, at least according to DD's posts. He has got NFL Diva written all over him.

At least Moss had the maturity to say that he couldn't do it all himself, that he needed teammates to step up since he was being triple covered.

I have a feeling some of these players feel as if the OC should come up with some elaborate trick play to get them into single coverage so they can have some show time. IMO, anytime they get open they should be thanking the OC, because you know the opposing DC is doing everything he can to keep these players contained.</div>

In KC's defense, the things that I just documented have all occured within the past week. I don't know what his opinion of Chad will be once he's read what I dug up going through Yahoo News articles. Honestly, my opinion was very similar to KC's until I heard that whiney, voice cracking episode on TV and actually read the things Chad Johnson has been saying since the loss. I still don't think he's as bad as Terrell Owens, who is an absolute cancer, or Randy Moss. (I don't know that I can ever forgive Randy for pushing that lady with his car without a huge admission of guilt and an apology. Pushing people with a car makes someone a criminal and a butthole in my book.) I do hope that Chad turns from the Dark Side before it's too late.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Thank you Dale for digging that up for us. I now have a better feeling for the sitaution with Chad Johnson. I like him. He's a great player but he is an NFL Diva. There shouldn't be an arguement about that. He's not as bad as TO or maybe even Keyshaun a couple years back. I am sure he's working on it. He was probably frustrated with the loss and himself. Either way his statements were not called for. Maybe you just need to work at beating the double coverages much like Randy Moss does. Especially if you want to be in that elite status. I think of the NFL Divas he's got the best attitude(though Moss is starting to mature a lot). I hope he'll mature as he gets older. Thats a talented young team that could use him.