Changes to S2

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Denny Crane, Dec 31, 2007.

1. vcTmac24

vcTmac24 Suspended

along with VIP i think there should be a Trade Section of all the trades you think that should be make and you want

2. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

That's usually posted either in the NBA General forum, the individual team forum, or the Nets forum.

There's not a great deal of point having a section devoted to it, because it's not used all that much. Maybe at some point it would be worth it, but for now I would say that it's fine how it is.

Again, I don't see the point of having a VIP section yet, because we want to keep activity as high as possible. Shutting off some areas to most people doesn't help with that. There might be some post restrictions for some areas though, I'm not sure.

What we do need, though, is a vcTmac24 Requests Area [​IMG]

3. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chingy0007 @ Jan 1 2008, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's usually posted either in the NBA General forum, the individual team forum, or the Nets forum.

There's not a great deal of point having a section devoted to it, because it's not used all that much. Maybe at some point it would be worth it, but for now I would say that it's fine how it is.</div>

Right. There is no point in having a trade section because that information can easily be posted in a team forum or the NBA General forum (or whatever sport it is). One of our goals is to build communities (much like the Nets forum) where members can have a one-stop spot for all information on a particular team. No sense in them having to go to different forums for trade rumors referring to thier specific team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Again, I don't see the point of having a VIP section yet, because we want to keep activity as high as possible. Shutting off some areas to most people doesn't help with that. There might be some post restrictions for some areas though, I'm not sure.</div>

vcTmac24,

This issue has been brought up but the general consensus amongst the Administrators is that this is a bad idea any way you put it. We are looking to build a Sports Community and being exclusive to people due to registration date, post count, age, etc. only defeats our goal of building community and encouraging participation.

4. zєяσ

zєяσ Truth is beautiful

We need to get more posters for the other teams. It seems only the Nets, Bulls, Lakers, and Hawks forums are active 24/7.

5. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (L @ Jan 1 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We need to get more posters for the other teams. It seems only the Nets, Bulls, Lakers, and Hawks forums are active 24/7.</div>

I agree with you 100%. Those four communities you listed are doing really great and we want our other team communities to be just as active.

One huge way you can help, is recruit all the sports enthusiasts you know and invite them to SportsTwo. One of the fastest ways we can grow is through word of mouth and having people invite their friends, family, co-workers, etc.

6. vcTmac24

vcTmac24 Suspended

in just bball we had a lot of rocket fans and they're here but they don't seem to be active anymore like Durvasa, blurr#7, and igotask8board.

7. zєяσ

zєяσ Truth is beautiful

I think the NBA rotisserie(sp?) should have a thread or forum for discussion.

and i have tried recruiting for the site, but im the only sports junkie in my group haha. and I dont advertise on other sites.