Chauncey Billups An All-star?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, Nov 30, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

To me Chauncey has always been underrated and that certainly has been the case since signing for the pistons.He can no only score but score quickly and in bunches.He can rebound the ball decent for a point guard.His assists are up from a year ago where he is averaging around 6 a game.He is such a great shooting point guard proof of that..He is shooting 44% from three-point land.He has also been known for hitting alot of clutch shots and was the reason for alot of Pistons wins last season.

The east has quite a few good point guards...Jason Kidd and Baron Davis are the leading guys that everyone likes to talk about...However Billups deserves credit for leading the Pistons to many wins and being right at the top of the conferences the last few years and this season.If Billups doesn't get in he is getting robbed in my opinion

[​IMG]

PPG-20.4
    RPG- 3.80
    APG-5.9
    3P%-44%

[​IMG]

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

I dont think he will be an allstar. Lebron, Davis, Kidd, Pierce a T-mac are guards.

3. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

I'd say that if it was earlier in his career he'd be a candidate for most improved, but that is a hard award for older players to win.

There are waaaaay too many elite guards in both conferences. And as we all know, deserving players are often not popular enough among the 12-14 years olds with computers to make the team.

4. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

I couldn't agree with you more. He's got what it takes. But not enough to rake in votes from voters around the world.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Pistons deserve at least two all-stars in the all-star game...Been a top east team for a few years now and are right up there again.Baron Davis is playing so well so he won't get ahead of him.The east had 3 centers in last years game...I don't see why having 3 point guards won't happen either.

6. Joey F

Joey F JBB JustBBall Member

I wish he could get the credit he deserves but the other G's in the East are just more popular. Maybe if he gets a shoe contract he can start getting AS votes. Aint that a shame - endorsements have a factor of how people look at a players talent level.