Check out the live SpursCam.....

Discussion in 'San Antonio Spurs' started by mike18946, Jun 6, 2003.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

i dont they are too good not to win one at home but the spurs might be too good to lose one

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Nets are a great at home...they will win a game in NJ...or at least should.

3. olskoolfunktitude

theyre a gerat team at hoome but the spurs are even greater anywhere. dont be so sure the nets can win another game as theyve already won one which is more than many expected them to

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I don't see them losing 3 straight at home..after leveling the series...this nets team is better than you give them credit for.I don't expect this to be easy for the spurs.

5. olskoolfunktitude

this spurs team is better than you give them credit for. they are an amazing team. the nets did nice against the east but they arent a championship type team like the spurs. im not talking about the spurs winning three straight against the nets at new jersey. all they have to do is win a game. and then win another game. then win one more. you dont think theyre capable of winning any given game against the nets? as long as they keep focus and play like they have to. they will win

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I give this spurs team enough credit...i have seen these guys play alot...they could win the next 3 with ease or melt down..i think nets have alot of pride and will win 1 in NJ....and spurs to take the series in 6..like i predicted from the start..and as the media predicted too

spurs can lose focus at times...thats why i see nets winning another game..

7. olskoolfunktitude

but the nets are easily shakeable mentally and arent as solid under pressure as the spurs. theyre less talented and more fragile. theyre pride may even be their undoing. trrust me, youre not giving the pusr enough credit. IF they keep theyre focus they nets wont come close

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Problem with the Spurs at times they can lose focus easily...spurs are going to win the series..i'm that conident but i do think nets will win a game in NJ....there is no reason why they shouldn't

9. olskoolfunktitude

there are several reasons
    The spurs are more talented
    the spurs are stronger mentally
    the spurs are better coached
    the spurs have more depth
    the spurs have tim duncan

they wont lose focus again like they did last night. how could they? they embarrased themselves and have too good coaching and too good veteran pressence to lose focus like that again and as long as they dont the nets cant beat them. im giving the nets plenty of credit but they honest to goodness CANT beat the spurs as long as the spurs play their game because they arent ebtter than the spurs.

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

When the spurs are on their game nobody can stop them you are right....i don't really want to argue this as i would love nothing more to see spurs win the next 3 and be given the NBA title in NJ....

hope it happens...

one for sure is..spurs will bounce back from a poor loss...like they do every time

11. olskoolfunktitude

agreed. theyll bounce back with three straight wins. when theyre on their game no one can beat them. not even western conferacne teams. the nets arent even a western confernces team

12. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">when theyre on their game no one can beat them.</div>

they werent nearly on their game on Friday and they still could have won. they played so poorly... yet they only lost by 2. if the spurs stay concentrated for the rest of the series, the nets wont' come close

13. olskoolfunktitude

thats a great point. if the spurs stay on their game they couldve had a sweep. they slipped up once. they got chewed out by fans and coach. they wont slip up again

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">thats a great point. if the spurs stay on their game they couldve had a sweep.</div>

Yeah,abit like the mavs series....if spurs had made their FT's in game 1 and refs hadn't of given dallas 50 odd...the series could of been a sweep.

15. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

olskool, u don't give the nets enough credit, they are a good team. i think the nets will win 2 more games, but the spurs are better, i agree, but the spurs can't make ft's, if they made a couple more ft's they woulda won. I still think the spurs will win it all, but i think the nets will make a series out of it. it will be a fight for the spurs to win it all. i see the nets winning game 3, spurs game 4, then home team winning the rest(spurs would win 2 more).

16. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

game 3: spurs
    game 4: nets
    game 5: spurs
    the spurs can win them all, i'm just not sure that they will. plus, i'm still thinking there'll be 6 games

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "slamduncan21":</div><div class="quote_post">game 3: spurs
    game 4: nets
    game 5: spurs
    the spurs can win them all, i'm just not sure that they will. plus, i'm still thinking there'll be 6 games</div>

Yeah thats exactly how i see it going to...

18. olskoolfunktitude

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "sportsrock37":</div><div class="quote_post">olskool, u don't give the nets enough credit, they are a good team. i think the nets will win 2 more games, but the spurs are better, i agree, but the spurs can't make ft's, if they made a couple more ft's they woulda won. I still think the spurs will win it all, but i think the nets will make a series out of it. it will be a fight for the spurs to win it all. i see the nets winning game 3, spurs game 4, then home team winning the rest(spurs would win 2 more).</div>

actually i give the nets plenty of credit. jason kidd is an absolute wizard, but perhaps ou arent giving the spurs enough credit. they are a much better team. the only thing that can beat them in this series is themselves