Chicago Bulls Draft Thread 2006

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Midnight Green, May 9, 2006.

1. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

that was stupid
    who the hell is this tabo guy...i'm sure we coulda taken that williams point guard and traded him to some team that needs him....

2. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Paxson wanted Thomas and Thabo. He got them.

Something tells me we'll be ok.

3. Vintage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NaKz:</div><div class="quote_post">that was stupid
    who the hell is this tabo guy...i'm sure we coulda taken that williams point guard and traded him to some team that needs him....</div>

Paxsons judgement.....or your judgement?

Hmmm..... I may be crazy....but I think I'll side with Paxson.

4. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Sixers took Carney, I thought they would've picked Brown... A trade for them could happen though.

We are basically even more packed at PG, SG/SF. We have combo guards and players that can play sg and sf, and some that can play pf, so their stacked.

5. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Although, I would have rather gotten Brewer or Carney over Thabo I am not disappointed at all. Paxson has had a great draft so far. Thabo is a great defender, and adds size to our back court. Although, I advertised for months how much I wanted Aldridge I don’t mind Thomas at all. The more I have read about him and his work ethic the more I have fallen in love with this kids game. His 7’3” wing span allows him to play like a big man, and his athleticism is crazy.

6. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

We sent a future 2nd rounder with the Blazers... wtf. We should of just selected Tyrus with 2.

BTW, Marcus is dropping like crazy...

7. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Paxson wanted Thomas and Thabo. He got them.

Something tells me we'll be ok.</div>
    Ehh, I'd much rather have Carney than Thabo, but whatever, I'll trust Pax, he got us this far...

8. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

as long as thomas ends up being better than curry it all turns out well [​IMG]

9. Vintage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SP23:</div><div class="quote_post">We sent a future 2nd rounder with the Blazers... wtf. We should of just selected Tyrus with 2.

BTW, Marcus is dropping like crazy...</div>

Uh, we got another asset to the team for getting the same player we wanted.

Second, for more on Thabo, read this.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1330

10. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">Although, I would have rather gotten Brewer or Carney over Thabo I am not disappointed at all. Paxson has had a great draft so far. Thabo is a great defender, and adds size to our back court. Although, I advertised for months how much I wanted Aldridge I don?t mind Thomas at all. The more I have read about him and his work ethic the more I have fallen in love with this kids game. His 7?3? wing span allows him to play like a big man, and his athleticism is crazy.</div>
    I don't really mind Thomas, but wing span doesn't really mean he'll play like a big man, because he doesn't have the body base to keep his ground. Hopefully he'll add some weight during the off-season. He seems to play a lot of ball like you said 8 hours a day before the draft... Hopefully he'll have the same commitment in the weight room unlike Chandler.

11. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Uh, we got another asset to the team for getting the same player we wanted.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1330</div>
    What, Viktor? But, we just drafted Thabo and were stacked. I haven't seen him play before, but he did have solid stats.. 6 and 5.

BTW, nice article. Never read that one... Makes me excited to see what he can do on the court.

12. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

can't believe we got thomas.

13. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Uh, we got another asset to the team for getting the same player we wanted.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1330</div>
    wow he sounds pretty good
    the idea of his dribbling skills got me thinking maybe he could be a point forward like pippen [​IMG]

omg marcus williams has still not been picked....

14. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

So, we traded 2 2nd rounders and cash for players we could have gotten with our regular picks. We only got Viktor and future considerations.

15. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SP23:</div><div class="quote_post">So, we traded 2 2nd rounders and cash for players we could have gotten with our regular picks. We only got Viktor and future considerations.</div>
    Our team is so young that we need to get rid of some future draft picks. I think that is why we are trading away second rounders, etc. Only reason I can see for it. I mean we won't be able to resign all these guys.

16. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">Our team is so young that we need to get rid of some future draft picks. I think that is why we are trading away second rounders, etc. Only reason I can see for it. I mean we won't be able to resign all these guys.</div>
    True. I would want a 2nd rounder during the draft right now.

17. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

So why did we, a team stacked with forwards draft two more?

18. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting I-Miss-MJ:</div><div class="quote_post">So why did we, a team stacked with forwards draft two more?</div>
    We drafted a shooting guard and a power forward...

19. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">We drafted a shooting guard and a power forward...</div>
    I think he also meant Viktor from that trade. The people on ESPN said that Thabo was a SF though and that if he did make a good transition to SG it would be a good pick by the Bulls. Finally we got a dunker! Hopefully, that's what it said on that profile posted.

PF: Tyrus (of course he has to get stronger though, especially because he's undersized), Tyson?, Noc, Deng
    SF: Deng, Nocioni, V. Khryapa (6-9), Thabo Sefolosha (6-8)
    SG: BG, Duhon, Hinrich, Thabo (Transition)
    PG: Hinrich, Duhon, BG

All three guards a small combo guards basically.

20. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So why did we, a team stacked with forwards draft two more?</div>

Harrington, pike and malik prob wont be with us next season.