Chris Webber

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Eagles4Life, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does it really matter who you beat, as long as you win...W's are all that matter at the end of the season. Also, the game against Chicago Webber didnt play due to injury.</div>

Yes, it does matter who you beat. If you only beat bad teams and barely hold on to 8th playoff spot, you probably arent that good. Also, bulls were missing Curry and Deng, when they beat philly.

2. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Last time I checked Bulls are only 4 games ahead of the Sixers in the loss column, I wouldnt be talking about how great they are.

I never said that we were that good, I just said that winning 5 out of last 6 makes you one of the hottest teams in the East. ONE OF THE HOTTEST, no THE HOTTEST. I know I need to spell it out for you.

They are a fun team to watch, and thats all I care about. I went to the game last wednesday versus the Pistons, I had a great time. Not every team is the Miami Heat, you have to just enjoy the season. And say what you want about AI, he's as much fun to watch as any player that has ever played this game.

3. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Last time I checked Bulls are only 4 games ahead of the Sixers in the loss column, I wouldnt be talking about how great they are.

I never said that we were that good, I just said that winning 5 out of last 6 makes you one of the hottest teams in the East. ONE OF THE HOTTEST, no THE HOTTEST. I know I need to spell it out for you.

They are a fun team to watch, and thats all I care about. I went to the game last wednesday versus the Pistons, I had a great time. Not every team is the Miami Heat, you have to just enjoy the season. And say what you want about AI, he's as much fun to watch as any player that has ever played this game.</div>

Only reason sixers are close to bulls is because the started 0-9, since then they have played WAY better than the sixers could dream of playing. I dont know what your obsession is with rehashing the the hottest team/one of the hottest team thing. I said bulls were hottest, it was a point i made response to your point about the sixers being one of the hottest. I can make that claim without disputing your claim. Then you jumped all over what i said like i was disputing what you said. I pointed out that as usual you were wrong, and you bring back up same point, even though it is wrong. I am sure the .500 sixers are a real fun team to watch(NOT!!). Iverson is not even close to 1/10th as entertaining to watch as 20 other players in the league now. If i want to see bricks, i will watch bob vila.

4. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

I think you have this obsession with thinking that you are always right. This might be a shock for you, but it's OK to disagree. I enjoy watching the Sixers play, it's OK that you dont. The fact that they have had 3 Nationally televised games in the period of 8 days, shows that there are alot of people in the country that agree with me. I never said Bulls were not a good team, but they aren't great either. With your attitude, I dont even know how you can be a Bears fan. THey never win more then 5 games a season, so by your logic whats the fun in watching that. I am not a fairweather fan, I follow my teams through good (2001 Finals) and Bad (every other year [​IMG] )

5. Bearsfan1

6. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Webber still had 20 points and 10 boards. And Sixers lost 118-109 in a second night a back-to-back on the West Coast. I like the Webber trade cause the Sixers went for it. I think they will be a tough team in the playoffs. It take atleast a month for a team to gel, and playoffs will come at a perfect time.

7. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Webber still had 20 points and 10 boards. And Sixers lost 118-109 in a second night a back-to-back on the West Coast. I like the Webber trade cause the Sixers went for it. I think they will be a tough team in the playoffs. It take atleast a month for a team to gel, and playoffs will come at a perfect time.</div>

If they are 8th seed, they already lost, from the 7 spot, there is an outside chance, if they got to 6th seed, they would have very good shot at 2nd rd. Probably not going past thier.

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>THey never win more then 5 games a season, so by your logic whats the fun in watching that. I am not a fairweather fan, I follow my teams through good (2001 Finals) and Bad (every other year [​IMG] )</div>

When BF1 closes his eyes at night he can dream of a near perfect season(15-1), an unprecedented playoff run(zero pts surrendered) and a Super Bowl title won during his lifetime while he was watching....that how you stay a Bears fan when they struggle to win 5 games....by the way, what championships do you remember watching your eagles win?....

9. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'> THey never win more then 5 games a season, so by your logic whats the fun in watching that. I am not a fairweather fan, I follow my teams through good (2001 Finals) and Bad (every other year [​IMG] )</div>

When BF1 closes his eyes at night he can dream of a near perfect season(15-1), an unprecedented playoff run(zero pts surrendered) and a Super Bowl title won during his lifetime while he was watching....that how you stay a Bears fan when they struggle to win 5 games....by the way, what championships do you remember watching your eagles win?....</div>

Come on now, teams from philadelphia win titles all the time. Look at the phlers, i mean the sixers, i mean the eagles, i mean the phillies, err.... ok point taken, guess it is karma for booing santa claus, and Mcnabb.

10. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Eagles have won more playoff games in the last 5 years, then the Bears and the Dolphins combined in the last 10.

True, we have had some rough times. You know what, never lose hope and never surrender. It will only be that much sweeter when we win.

11. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Eagles have won more playoff games in the last 5 years, then the Bears and the Dolphins combined in the last 10.

True, we have had some rough times. You know what, never lose hope and never surrender. It will only be that much sweeter when we win.</div>

And less super bowls, than tampa bay!!! TAMPA FREAKING BAY

12. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Eagles have won more playoff games in the last 5 years, then the Bears and the Dolphins combined in the last 10.
    </div>

Thats nothing to brag about because basically whjat you are saying is well atleast we make it to the playoffs, all that does is lift your hopes up for that year and every year your team fails! Bottomline is this, IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY PLAYOFF WINS YOU WIN BECAUSE AT THE END OF IT ALL THEY CHOKED!

13. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Bears and Dolphins have combined for more Super Bowl wins than the Eagles have Super Bowl appearances....they also have the best and 2nd best winning % in any given season, they also have the best winning % in any 2 combined seasons and they have a perfect season between them and another in which only the other prevented a perfect season....deal with it....

14. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bears and Dolphins have combined for more Super Bowl wins than the Eagles have Super Bowl appearances....they also have the best and 2nd best winning % in any given season, they also have the best winning % in any 2 combined seasons and they have a perfect season between them and another in which only the other prevented a perfect season....deal with it....</div>

Gottemm! :cheesey:

15. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

lets see. 1972 was THIRTY TWO years ago. 1985 was NINETEEN years ago. Time to move on and stop living in the past. In sports it's what have you done for me lately, and even though we haven't won, we have done a helluva lot more then either Dolphins, Bears and throw in the Giants have done in the last 10 years.

16. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

spoken like a man whos team has NEVER won a Super Bowl while engaged in a disagreement with men who's teams have won 12.5% of all Super Bowls....

17. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Wow. This thread could go on for several more pages still with arguments from you three guys. Good luck E4L, you're going to need it man.

18. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>lets see. 1972 was THIRTY TWO years ago. 1985 was NINETEEN years ago. Time to move on and stop living in the past. In sports it's what have you done for me lately, and even though we haven't won, we have done a helluva lot more then either Dolphins, Bears and throw in the Giants have done in the last 10 years.</div>

Stop living in the past. Agreed, lets base it on the most recent game. Eagles 0-1. Well i guess that sums it up. 31 one of 32 teams didnt lose the last game of the season, and 1 did, the eagles. All other games were in past. Do not bring them up. Defend your eagles solely on the present or most recent game.

19. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

and it wasnt just a loss...it was a choke job in a winnable game too....the coach had brain freeze, the Qb was jukin' and pukin', and the biggest mouth on the team, caught all of 1 pass while the guy he called out should have been the MVP....on a side note, Terrell Owens should be very proud of the effort he gave in that game and many of the Eagles played well enough to win, the loss can be blamed on the choosen few that had that same old throat cloggin' problem that has reared its ugly head before....

20. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>and it wasnt just a loss...it was a choke job in a winnable game too....the coach had brain freeze, the Qb was jukin' and pukin', and the biggest mouth on the team, caught all of 1 pass while the guy he called out should have been the MVP....on a side note, Terrell Owens should be very proud of the effort he gave in that game and many of the Eagles played well enough to win, the loss can be blamed on the choosen few that had that same old throat cloggin' problem that has reared its ugly head before....</div>

It's the same old song all over again. Read my lips, McNabb DID NOT choke. Did he play great, no...did he play good enought to win, yes...He threw for close to 350 yards to 3 TD's. He threw 50 passes, and had no running game to back him up at all. And all this against the best Defense in the league.

The reason Eagles lost is because their defense gave up 10 points in the 4th quarter. If you remember the score was 14-14 at the beginnning of the 4th.

Anyway, we lost by 3 points to the best team in the NFL. There is no shame in that. Could we have won...yes. I guess it just wasnt meant to be