OT Christchurch shooting: multiple fatalities after mass shooting at two mosques – live updates

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Mar 14, 2019.

1. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

If some black guy kills cops and says Colin Kaepernick is a symbol of whatever is that Colin Kaepernick's fault?

Orion Bailey likes this.
  2. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Go ahead and just say it -- he has far-right REPUBLICAN ideals.

Did you not read his manifesto? "Invasion" of non-whites and white genocide is the foundation of this attack. He was inspired by "American extremism."

You know who else used "invasion" to describe immigrants? His symbol for white identity: Donald J. Trump.

3. Fez Hammersticks

Phone Psychic
    That's a pretty lame hypothetical. You know where you can stick this theory.

This was a literal massacre -- REALITY.

4. bodyman5000 and 1

Lame? It is almost exactly the same thing?

You one of them there maroons that buys into "stochastic terrorism"?

I'd say the left wing progressive identity politics and intersectionality bullshit is just as much to blame for these nutjobs.

You've created an enemy and now you have one. Good job

Orion Bailey likes this.
  5. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    The difference I wouldn't care if he was everything in life I disagreed with, his actions are terrible. You haven't even expressed one ounce of pity, empathy, anything for the families or people involved it's just been, “Far Right did it!!”.
    Of course, this person had extreme views, I have never denied it. I just think it's sad that you’re fixated on the politics.

6. bodyman5000 and 1

You mean illegal immigrants. Illegal is the word you're missing. A very important word.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  7. bodyman5000 and 1

If you or I had a vivid dream that this was going to happen the night before we'd try and warn them somehow even though we'd feel ridiculous.

Some people, not saying anyone in particular..... would keep quiet and hope the dream happened just so they could point fingers and feel superior.

It really is disgusting.

8. Fez Hammersticks

Phone Psychic
    Because it's at the root -- the ideology of Republican extremism.

You're conveniently turning a blind eye.

9. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

What's lame is telling people how they need to act to justify how you perceive they feel. Everyone is fed up with these type of acts and it's obvious they are motivated by political ideologies. Some people are just tired of saying thoughts and prayers, just because it makes you feel better doesn't mean it does any good.

Fez Hammersticks likes this.
  10. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Yup coming on S2 and saying it's the Far Right is doing a lot of good, isn't it?

11. bodyman5000 and 1

What might do them some good is them realizing this is just the beginning.

Population exploding, income inequality coupled with the internet giving these whackos a place to find like minded whackos and this is the result.

If 300 people out of 7.5 billion decide to do something like this what are you going to do about it?

Nothing, that's what. Oh wait, there's always big brother.

12. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Well, I think Far-Right are terrible too, and Far-Left, and all extremists who think their "ideologies" are worth exterminating or harming others. It's just funny, in a sad way that one guy wanted to call out another poster for bringing up politics, but didn't say anything about the other poster who brought up politics. Literally seems to come down to the political views they like. Then is saying empathy for other people doesn't do any good but arguing politics sure does a lot of good.
    They can like, think whatever they want to, and I can feel however I want to about it though. So this discussion is pretty much done I guess. Gonna go watch the Blazer game.

BonesJones and Orion Bailey like this.
  13. donkiez

I agree with most of that. The part I don't understand is where some defend far right extremism and it's role in these scenarios. When right extremism acts up it's never time to talk, it's always thought and prayers and higher moral ground arguments based on showing empathy. All deflection and Trumps obvious narrative never has anything to do with it.

Howerver if it was a Muslim many would be mocking the "religeon of peace"and calling on all Muslims everywhere to denounce these acts. If antifa did something then it's about the dangerous violent left. It's a tired double standard.

calvin natt and Fez Hammersticks like this.
  14. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

Just a matter of time. So gross. So awful. Republican further dividing us. Filling the Cult 45 members heads with insane nonsense. Nothing will ever get better no matter what tragedy is laid upon us. I’m sick.

BonesJones likes this.
  15. Fez Hammersticks

Phone Psychic
    This.

*Mic drop*

16. bodyman5000 and 1

I have no use for religion and I don't find white people any more worth saving than any other race of people.

So that leaves me shit out of luck. I don't want the "religion of peace" ruling me any more than I want to have to live next to a white guy I can't stand because he has the same skin tone as me.

You hit on an important point though, far right whackos aren't any more representatives of white people than guys flying airplanes into buildings are representatives of muslims.

The problem is what to do about it.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  17. donkiez

A good place to start would be having a president who didn't use this division for his own gains.

Another good place to start would be recognizing the Russian money in our politics and Russian propaganda job in our society. It's new age guerilla warfare tactics.

The problem is not to big to get a hold of yet.

Fez Hammersticks likes this.
  18. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Both sides do it though, it's that each side has their own double standard. If the act is done by ANTIFA or some extremist that is considered on the "left" Then you have people on the right who run wild with the dangerous left. The people on the left just want to say that their ideology has nothing to do with it. Then when it's on the right you have the same thing, just with a role reversal. What this group did was garbage, crap, it sucks, and yeah I admit their ideology played a part in it.

I'm not deflecting or saying the conversation isn't good. I'm not even saying that talking about the extreme politics is bad because of heck extreme ideologies and figuring out how to deal with them is important, I am saying that when talking about the politics seems to be the #1 priority that is a problem in my opinion. You don't need to "thoughts and prayers", but I don't think jumping to "far - insert" right as it's happening does any good either.

Don't you see any irony in that your very first post was denouncing one guy for bringing up AOC and politics and now you seem to be arguing we should be talking politics because in your words thoughts and prayers don't do anything?

I have no affiliation for Trump as a leader or person, and I believe his whole schtick stirs division.

19. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I choked up watching the video. One of the most brutal and evil things I have ever seen. To shoot people who were down and struggling to live. If the rhetoric from either political side in this country is helping or inspiring such vile actions we must not look to blame each other but come together to make things better for all.

AOC, Limbaugh, and others are getting this wrong.

20. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Me too. Sorry donkie, fez, whomever. I apologize for arguing about it.

I was up basically all night last night thinking about it, and upset. Might not do any good, but man I was and am just really sad about it...