[Chronicle] Rockets land Scola, deal Spanoulis to Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Run BJM, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Usually having a good all around game equates to a good career, maybe not all star worthy, but good nonetheless. Take in point Brandon Roy. He does nothing spectacularly but everything well, and he won the ROY last year. So, really, I don't see the issue. If he does everything well, what's so bad about that? And why is his defense suspect? From my understanding, he's actually a rather solid defensive player. And by the way, the way you answered the question is still kind of dancing around it. You never pointed out any specifics, you just generalized. But whatever, I've come to expect this of you. </div>
    ^^^^This is exactly what I'm sayin. I gave you what you wanted, and ur STILL not satisfied with my answer. It wasn't a "generalization", it was a straight up answer. You just didn't agree with it. Yet ur still on the attack lol. Ur proved my point.

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You see, that's the issue. You threw the idea out there, but never said anything about what you'd give up.p</div>
    Again......How can you complain about me not answering questions, and you completley ignore mine. I asked you directly, CAN YOU (or anybody) POST MY SO-CALLED TRADE PROPOSAL WITH KENYON MARTIN? I'll sit back & wait.

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Because radio jockies are always right[​IMG] So I'm wondering, do you form your own opinions, or just base off the garbage you hear on the radio and TV. Cause honestly, half of the clowns on there don't really know what their talking about most of the time. And beyond that, they're also wrong more often than they are right. To show how smart they are, just take a look at that trade. Trading for KMart is simply put, retarded. He's had to microfracture surgeries in a year. That's a killer to someone who relies heavily on his athleticism to get by. His offensive game is pitiful in the halfcourt. The only reason he's ever had any type of success is because of Jason Kidd. He consistently found him wide open for a lot of easy layups and dunks. In essence, most of his points were off easy looks or putbacks. So really, I don't see why you'd want him. Outside of his limited ability in the halfcourt and history of injuries, he's got a terrible contract. But hey, apparently you think it'd do well for the team, even though he'll probably only play half the season.</div>
    Well, just say you disagree. Kenyon Martin, even after surgery, is better than any PF we currently have right now. I heard the idea thrown out there on radio, and I totally agreed with it. Kenyon Martin, atleast to me, can help us as a starter better than anybody on our roster. Not everybody thinks a trade for KMart would be "retarded" like you. It's actually an upgrade for us............Would you be willing to wager that Scola's numbers will be better than Kmart's at ANY point of his NBA career? I'll sit back & wait........

2. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Would you be willing to wager that Scola's numbers will be better than Kmart's at ANY point of his NBA career? I'll sit back & wait........</div>

As long as we can agree on an objective evaluation of their respective numbers, I'd take that wager for next season.

3. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">TmacGarnett Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Give me a list of players that is realistically attainable...and when I say this I mean back your story of being a Solid Veteran.</div>
    Check page 1.......I stick by my old list of veteran's that can help us. Obviously trades can happen to anybody at ANY time, you'd have to be a FOOL to think any trade can't be pulled off. Another silly question.........

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Examples: Micheal Finley, Robert Horry, Jason Kidd.
    Just so you don't make an arguement...I just gave you examples of players without giving regard to if they were realistically attainable.</div>
    I was asked for a list of players that I'd LIKE to see in a Rockets uni. I wasn't factoring in their availibility. Given the nature of the question, I responded.

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^^^^This is exactly what I'm sayin. I gave you what you wanted, and ur STILL not satisfied with my answer. It wasn't a "generalization", it was a straight up answer. You just didn't agree with it. Yet ur still on the attack lol. Ur proved my point.</div>How can you call the crap you posted as an answer. Anyone can generalize, it's not that difficult. Anyone can say "he won't be that effective as a starter because he does nothing great and might have suspect defense." That's not difficult. That's called generalizing. I was looking more for specifics, but apparently you don't realize that.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Again......How can you complain about me not answering questions, and you completley ignore mine. I asked you directly, CAN YOU (or anybody) POST MY SO-CALLED TRADE PROPOSAL WITH KENYON MARTIN? I'll sit back & wait. </div>So here I go repeating myself again. I clearly stated that you NEVER posted a trade proposal for KMart, yet you said you should pursue him. That's what I said, so please, stop putting words in my mouth. And also, why can I complain about you not answering questions, well let me think. I've been asking the same questions for a few pages now and really haven't got much more than a generalized answer on one, and now you ask a question that I answered, but apparently didn't realize it. So this time, hopefully you read in this post, the answer to the above question, and maybe, just maybe, you won't generalize on any of yours.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, just say you disagree. Kenyon Martin, even after surgery, is better than any PF we currently have right now. I heard the idea thrown out there on radio, and I totally agreed with it. Kenyon Martin, atleast to me, can help us as a starter better than anybody on our roster. Not everybody thinks a trade for KMart would be "retarded" like you. It's actually an upgrade for us............Would you be willing to wager that Scola's numbers will be better than Kmart's at ANY point of his NBA career? I'll sit back & wait........</div>I don't see why you love KMart so much. No one is the same after microfracture surgery, and KMart isn't going to be the exception. It's not like Tommy John's, where you could actually come back stronger. No, you will come back worse than what you were before the injury. But hey, if you want to think a person that relies purely on athleticism, has a very miniscule post game, a terrible mid-range game, and no longer has a great PG that can get him open looks and alley oops for all of his points, if you want to think they'll have a great season, go ahead. When he's not even the starter on opening day and gets hurt 3 weeks into the season and misses another 20 games, then we'll see how much you want him and how much you're praising him.

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">I've ALREADY answered this. First off, all I stated was he wouldn't be effective, as a STARTER. From the games I've watched, Scola's got good all around game. But he doesn't do any one thing great. His defense might be a lil suspect as well. Are you guys reading my posts or just skimming thru them</div>
    Is this what you're sticking with? Because its pretty weak.

Well, first off the fact that he has a good all-around game is rather obvious. But where did you get that he doesn't do one thing great? Scola's an excellent penetrator. He draws contact well and is great at finishing. In Europe, he was one of the best low-post scorers. Now obviously that won't translate perfectly to the NBA, since there are more athletic and stronger players here, but he has all the fundamentals/technique down and at the very least he will provide decent low-post offense for the Rockets. Furthermore, he's one of the best PF's I've seen at moving without the ball (including NBA players) and will thrive playing next to a great passing centre like Yao.

I had to laugh at the comment about his defense. First of all, you said his defense "might be a lil suspect." How can you be so unsure of yourself when you've seen him play? The fact is that Scola's a pretty good defender. He's a smart player who knows how to front his man, box out on the boards, and has added much more strength since being drafted by the Spurs. Also, he brings a lot of hustle to both sides of the court and really doesn't take plays off.

This guy's been "the man" for all of his European teams and even the Argentinian national team for quite a few years now. And he's been excellent in that role (leading some very successful teams and winning the MVP most recently). Now that he's coming into Houston, where he can complement even better players, how can you possibly believe that he won't at least be a good fit in the starting lineup?

6. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How can you call the crap you posted as an answer. Anyone can generalize, it's not that difficult. Anyone can say "he won't be that effective as a starter because he does nothing great and might have suspect defense." That's not difficult. That's called generalizing. I was looking more for specifics, but apparently you don't realize that. </div>
    So you don't agree with my opinion? Um, that's all you had to say. You guys won't be happy with anything Rock says. You criticize my opinions, but have yet to state anything outside of the obvious. It's easy to throw rocks from the peanutgallery[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So here I go repeating myself again. I clearly stated that you NEVER posted a trade proposal for KMart, yet you said you should pursue him. That's what I said, so please, stop putting words in my mouth. And also, why can I complain about you not answering questions, well let me think. I've been asking the same questions for a few pages now and really haven't got much more than a generalized answer on one, and now you ask a question that I answered, but apparently didn't realize it. So this time, hopefully you read in this post, the answer to the above question, and maybe, just maybe, you won't generalize on any of yours.</div>
    This is ur intial comment about my trade proposal I never proposed:

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">And beyond that, you're ludicrous trade proposals (i.e. Kenyon Martin). So really, this would have been a lot simpler had you just come out and answered questions instead of avoiding them for so long.</div>
    I didn't put words in ur mouth. You intially stated that I proposed a trade for Kenyon Martin, in which I NEVER did. I was asked a question about who I think can help our team, and I think Kenyon Martin could help us tremendously. YOUR the one who took that outta porportion and made that ur rebuttal.

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see why you love KMart so much. No one is the same after microfracture surgery, and KMart isn't going to be the exception. It's not like Tommy John's, where you could actually come back stronger. No, you will come back worse than what you were before the injury. But hey, if you want to think a person that relies purely on athleticism, has a very miniscule post game, a terrible mid-range game, and no longer has a great PG that can get him open looks and alley oops for all of his points, if you want to think they'll have a great season, go ahead. When he's not even the starter on opening day and gets hurt 3 weeks into the season and misses another 20 games, then we'll see how much you want him and how much you're praising him.</div>
    That's absolutley NOT true. AMARE STOUDAMIRE came back from almost 2yrs of microfracture surgery, and played arguabley better. Yet another inaccurate statement coming from you. Now as far as Martin, he could definatley come back. Not on Amare's level, but enuff to be better than any PF we currently have on our roster.

7. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well, first off the fact that he has a good all-around game is rather obvious. But where did you get that he doesn't do one thing great? Scola's an excellent penetrator. He draws contact well and is great at finishing. In Europe, he was one of the best low-post scorers. Now obviously that won't translate perfectly to the NBA, since there are more athletic and stronger players here, but he has all the fundamentals/technique down and at the very least he will provide decent low-post offense for the Rockets. Furthermore, he's one of the best PF's I've seen at moving without the ball (including NBA players) and will thrive playing next to a great passing centre like Yao.
    </div>
    Okay........You've had a alot of crap to say about my opinions. Time to put up or shut up. ARE YOU SAYING THAT SCOLA WILL HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SEASON (Next year) STARTING FOR THE ROCKETS? If so, then announce it in ur next posts.

<div class="quote_poster">foo82 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">As I said before. Just like a politician. Ignore the details. Stick with the main talking points. Lie if you have to make your points more relavent.. "I was the son of a worker"="I saw Luis Scola play". Any time your points are proven wrong, ignore them and continue sticking to the talking points.</div>
    Put up or shut up time........ARE YOU (Foo82) SAYING SCOLA'S GONNA HAVE SUCCESSFUL SEASON STARTING AS A ROCKETS NEXT YEAR? If so, announce it in ur next posts.

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Okay........You've had a alot of crap to say about my opinions. Time to put up or shut up. ARE YOU SAYING THAT SCOLA WILL HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SEASON (Next year) STARTING FOR THE ROCKETS? If so, then announce it in ur next posts.

Put up or shut up time........ARE YOU (Foo82) SAYING SCOLA'S GONNA HAVE SUCCESSFUL SEASON STARTING AS A ROCKETS NEXT YEAR? If so, announce it in ur next posts.</div>
    Check out my first post in this thread on Page 1:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chutney:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow. You guys pulled off a major steal with this trade, getting a quality big off the bench and a legit starter for a player who didn't want to play for you anymore. I can't believe the Spurs settled for so little. The buyout issue is complicated, but if you can get him over this season than you guys got an excellent starting lineup. Rock4life, Scola is better than all of the players you listed and honestly, he's going to be a great compliment to Yao.</div>

Of course I believe he's going to be a good starter for you guys. That's what I've been saying the entire time. But the simple fact that we disagree is not why I've been going at you so much. There's a chance that Scola could be a bust in the NBA, I'm not denying that (actually I acknowledged that in the 2nd page I believe). What I am arguing is that your opinion holds no weight or credibility. You say he won't be good enough in his first season to be a starter, but have backed it up with absolutely nothing (And don't point to that terrible explanation I just responded to. That was embarrassing). I believe Scola will be a great starter for you guys and I will admit that I was wrong if he turns out to be a bust. You, on the other hand, cannot take much credit if he doesn't pan out without better explanation, because to be frank, your current prediction would be nothing more than a lucky guess.

(btw, I noticed you didn't actually address my post again. Way to stay consistent....).

9. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So you don't agree with my opinion? Um, that's all you had to say. You guys won't be happy with anything Rock says. You criticize my opinions, but have yet to state anything outside of the obvious. It's easy to throw rocks from the peanutgallery[​IMG]</div>You want to know why we aren't happy with what you say? Because you hardly answer a question. You answer it by dancing around it and generalizing it. And hell, your generalizations aren't even that great. Maybe if you man up and give a legit reason instead of the garbage you gave for a reason, people wouldn't be on you so much. But, as it is, anyone can say what you said. A guy that knows next to nothing about basketball could make a generalization like that. It's not that difficult. What I'm looking for is a SPECIFIC reason. So please, why don't you specify why you don't think he'll be effective in the NBA. Specify why you don't feel he can defend in the NBA. What about his game makes you feel this way? But, if you're just going to beat around the bush with your generalization, don't bother.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">This is ur intial comment about my trade proposal I never proposed:

I didn't put words in ur mouth. You intially stated that I proposed a trade for Kenyon Martin, in which I NEVER did. I was asked a question about who I think can help our team, and I think Kenyon Martin could help us tremendously. YOUR the one who took that outta porportion and made that ur rebuttal.
    </div>And here is you proposing you guys should pursue KMart.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Kenyon Martin would be a high risk player, especially because of injury. But 4things he can bring us are A)Energy & Hustle B)Playoff experience C)Attitude & D)Offensive production. Those things are important comin from our PF position. Has this rookie proven he can do those things on a NBA level yet? Absoltley not. But yet Durvasa's already handed him the starting job.</div>

And when asked who you wouldn't mind pursuing for a PF...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Joe Smith
    Kenyon Martin
    Corey Blount
    Mark West
    Udonis Haslem
    Chris Webber
    Brendan Haywood
    Mark Jackson</div>

And here is you again stating you would be ok with KMart...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If they decided to start Chuck Hayes again next season, I can see us being laughed at. But in reality, if Martin could play 67-72 games for us I'd be fine. He's talented enuff to get the job done. Plus his toughness is somethin we could use. I predict him to have a monster season next year. </div>

Do I really have to continue? You've stated time and again that you would be ok with pursuing KMart, and in the process, never said what you'd give up for him. And by the way, I don't see how I took it out of proportion. With how much you were talking about KMart, it sure seemed like you wanted to trade for him.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">That's absolutley NOT true. AMARE STOUDAMIRE came back from almost 2yrs of microfracture surgery, and played arguabley better. Yet another inaccurate statement coming from you. Now as far as Martin, he could definatley come back. Not on Amare's level, but enuff to be better than any PF we currently have on our roster.</div>Stoudemire is still not the same player, and he's not better than what he was 2 years ago. He struggled a lot during the beginning of the season. Plus, it's not just the fact that he's had that surgery. KMart has a history of injuries. He's never played a full season in the NBA and probably never will. And as stated numerous times, his injuries are only half the issue. Do you honestly want to pay him the $45mil he's due? That alone makes him a worse situation than Scola starting.

10. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

this thread has gone way off topic, i think it's time to lock this thread.

11. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You want to know why we aren't happy with what you say? Because you hardly answer a question. You answer it by dancing around it and generalizing it. And hell, your generalizations aren't even that great. Maybe if you man up and give a legit reason instead of the garbage you gave for a reason, people wouldn't be on you so much. But, as it is, anyone can say what you said. A guy that knows next to nothing about basketball could make a generalization like that. It's not that difficult. What I'm looking for is a SPECIFIC reason.</div>
    Ur drastically tryin to ridicule me by asking me these retarded questions. The guys NEVER played an NBA game. The ONLY way I can give you my opinion, is thru my personal observation of his game (in the European league). Since ur so intrigued by my opinion. Why do you think Scola will be successful in the NBA? I personally think he's currently not up to NBA speed. His conditioning will be a factor too.

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Do I really have to continue? You've stated time and again that you would be ok with pursuing KMart, and in the process, never said what you'd give up for him. And by the way, I don't see how I took it out of proportion. With how much you were talking about KMart, it sure seemed like you wanted to trade for him. </div>
    What's ur point? I like Kenyon Martin as a Rocket. He's better than any PF we currently have. I never proposed a trade for him, yet you used the phrase "trade proposal". Next time read my posts so you won't have to resort to putting in words in ppl's mouth. Thank you[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Stoudemire is still not the same player, and he's not better than what he was 2 years ago. He struggled a lot during the beginning of the season. Plus, it's not just the fact that he's had that surgery. KMart has a history of injuries. He's never played a full season in the NBA and probably never will. And as stated numerous times, his injuries are only half the issue. Do you honestly want to pay him the $45mil he's due? That alone makes him a worse situation than Scola starting.</div>
    Exactly. Make no mention of the fact that you were absolutley WRONG about ur microsurgery comment. You sat here and tried to belittle me this whole thread, but when you make inaccurate statements you hide from them. The truth is, Stoudamire came back and had his best all around year. That was pretty much stated by his own coach, so argue that if you choose. Not to mention how he TORCHED Duncan in the playoffs last year. I'd have to say that microsurgery can be recovered from. If Amare can do, anybody can.

12. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ur drastically tryin to ridicule me by asking me these retarded questions. The guys NEVER played an NBA game. The ONLY way I can give you my opinion, is thru my personal observation of his game (in the European league). Since ur so intrigued by my opinion. Why do you think Scola will be successful in the NBA? I personally think he's currently not up to NBA speed. His conditioning will be a factor too.</div>Well firstly, he's got a ton of energy. That's always good as a starter. He's great at getting to the hoop. He's got a very good low post game, as Chut said, one of the best in Europe. He's a solid defensive player. And what makes you think his conditioning will be a problem? He's used to playing around 25+mpg, so I don't see why him playing that in the NBA could be a problem. I realize the pace is going to be a little quicker, but that's what training camp is for. I fully expect him to be in pretty good condition come the beginning of the season, if he's not already.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What's ur point? I like Kenyon Martin as a Rocket. He's better than any PF we currently have. I never proposed a trade for him, yet you used the phrase "trade proposal". Next time read my posts so you won't have to resort to putting in words in ppl's mouth. Thank you[​IMG] </div>Fine, whatever. Regardless, you still said you wouldn't mind pursuing him.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly. Make no mention of the fact that you were absolutley WRONG about ur microsurgery comment. You sat here and tried to belittle me this whole thread, but when you make inaccurate statements you hide from them. The truth is, Stoudamire came back and had his best all around year. That was pretty much stated by his own coach, so argue that if you choose. Not to mention how he TORCHED Duncan in the playoffs last year. I'd have to say that microsurgery can be recovered from. If Amare can do, anybody can.</div>How was I absolutely wrong? Because one player came back with a great season? Whoopteefreakingdoo. That doesn't mean that KMart will do the same. Hell, in order to do the same, KMart has to stay healthy, something he's never done. Do you recall the last time he played a full season? How about the last time he played 80 games? You know why you can't? Cause he's never done it. The most games he's ever played in a season is 77 games. The most games he's played since coming to Denver is 70. Before missing 80 games last year, he missed 26 the year before that. The guy has a history of injuries. So, not only is he trying to stay healthy after a microfracture surgery, he's just trying to stay healthy in general. He's never done it and the surgery won't help him stay healthy. If he plays more than 50 games next year, I'm shocked. And also, you're whole, "If Amare can do it..." thing, it doesn't mean jack. Just because one player did doesn't mean anyone can. You have to have dedication to come back as well as Amare did. KMart doesn't have that. He doesn't even have half the work ethic that Stoudemire does, and that's why Stoudemire came back so well. C

13. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I am in awe of your ability to completely ignore my posts:

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Check out my first post in this thread on Page 1:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chutney:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow. You guys pulled off a major steal with this trade, getting a quality big off the bench and a legit starter for a player who didn't want to play for you anymore. I can't believe the Spurs settled for so little. The buyout issue is complicated, but if you can get him over this season than you guys got an excellent starting lineup. Rock4life, Scola is better than all of the players you listed and honestly, he's going to be a great compliment to Yao.</div>

Of course I believe he's going to be a good starter for you guys. That's what I've been saying the entire time. But the simple fact that we disagree is not why I've been going at you so much. There's a chance that Scola could be a bust in the NBA, I'm not denying that (actually I acknowledged that in the 2nd page I believe). What I am arguing is that your opinion holds no weight or credibility. You say he won't be good enough in his first season to be a starter, but have backed it up with absolutely nothing (And don't point to that terrible explanation I just responded to. That was embarrassing). I believe Scola will be a great starter for you guys and I will admit that I was wrong if he turns out to be a bust. You, on the other hand, cannot take much credit if he doesn't pan out without better explanation, because to be frank, your current prediction would be nothing more than a lucky guess.

(btw, I noticed you didn't actually address my post again. Way to stay consistent....).</div>

14. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Joe Smith
    Kenyon Martin
    Corey Blount
    Mark West
    Udonis Haslem
    Chris Webber
    Brendan Haywood
    Mark Jackson
    </div>
    O you mean this list. Well lets go down the list and eliminate people shall we.
    Chris webber out...doesn't want to play for houston. Only Dallas and Detroit.

Mark Jackson- WTF were you smoking...he is 6-10 but can't rebound if his life depended on it. We don;t need scorers Rock4life and even at that he is mediocre. Last season he only reached double digit rebounds 4 times. That is no way to analyze a player because he could do things that don't show on a stat sheet, but you would have him over a Scola who is argueably a better all around player.

Joe Smith- He had a good year...would be a nice pickup but was looking for something else. He wanted more $$

Brenden Haywood- o god he isn't even a power forward. You have been going on and on and on about whos gonna compete with the PFs of the WEST and you have him on your wish list.... [​IMG]

Udonis haslem- Only name i like

Mark West- Who?
    You probably meant David West- Sorry No way no how... NO will not trade a guy who avgs 17+ ppg and is their second option.

Corey Blount- again Who?

Kenyon Martin- No explanation needed..I allready said it

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Check page 1.......I stick by my old list of veteran's that can help us. Obviously trades can happen to anybody at ANY time, you'd have to be a FOOL to think any trade can't be pulled off. Another silly question.........

I was asked for a list of players that I'd LIKE to see in a Rockets uni. I wasn't factoring in their availibility. Given the nature of the question, I responded.</div>

If you would have read my post in which I clearly State...I WANT YOU TO FACTOR IN AVAILABLITY THIS TIME AROUND.

By your logic Cleveland can trade away Lebron James if the right offer came around. What offer would that be?? Please... use common sense.

So in your rebuttle...please factor in availability

<div class="quote_poster">TmacGarnett Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Give me a list of players that is realistically attainable...and when I say this I mean back your story of being a Solid Veteran.
    Definition of a solid veteran- A player who has played in the league for a significant amount of time who has proven to be effective.

Examples: Micheal Finley, Robert Horry, Jason Kidd.
    Just so you don't make an arguement...I just gave you examples of players without giving regard to if they were realistically attainable.

So give me this list and if you can do me the pleasure of backing your arguements. If you list a player that we have to trade for...who do we trade to get him, etc.

AND PLEASE DONT GIVE ME THAT MESSED UP LIST YOU MADE ON THE FIRST COUPLE PAGES. THAT WASN't SUFFICEINT ENOUGH.</div>

The reason I said your list was insuffiecient was because you didn't consider availability. Do it for me this time around.

15. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Joe Smith
    Kenyon Martin
    Corey Blount
    Mark West
    Udonis Haslem
    Chris Webber
    Brendan Haywood
    Mark Jackson</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Corie Blount?? Did I just see CORIE BLOUNT?? Are you freaking kidding me? lol. Mentioning Corie Blount as a possible option is so ridiculous it's comical. The guy is 38 years for crying out loud. He signed on with the Lakers a couple of seasons ago, and was immediately cut. You've got to be kidding me if you think Corie Blount is even an option. You might as well go out and sign Vin Baker

16. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] [​IMG]

Corie Blount?? Did I just see CORIE BLOUNT?? Are you freaking kidding me? lol. Mentioning Corie Blount as a possible option is so ridiculous it's comical. The guy is 38 years for crying out loud. He signed on with the Lakers a couple of seasons ago, and was immediately cut. You've got to be kidding me if you think Corie Blount is even an option. You might as well go out and sign Vin Baker</div>

I think he meant Mark Blount.

17. squall15

squall15 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Check page 1.......I stick by my old list of veteran's that can help us. Obviously trades can happen to anybody at ANY time, you'd have to be a FOOL to think any trade can't be pulled off. Another silly question.........</div>

Since you said trades can happen to anybody at ANY time, why don't you give us your trade proposal for K-Mart????

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    I was asked for a list of players that I'd LIKE to see in a Rockets uni. I wasn't factoring in their availibility. Given the nature of the question, I responded.</div>

If you really weren't factoring their availability, why don't you list Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki??? I rather see one of these three on Rockets uni than Martin. [​IMG]

18. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">durvasa Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think he meant Mark Blount.</div>

Mark Blount, David West...

Must not be too good with names. Mark Blount is a center btw, not a power forward, just like Brendan Haywood. I don't see how those two are even relevant

19. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Mark Blount, David West...

Must not be too good with names. Mark Blount is a center btw, not a power forward, just like Brendan Haywood. I don't see how those two are even relevant</div>

much like Marc Jackson, Blount is allergic to the boards