Cj Mcollum

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Tmoney12, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I would like to see Earl. Actually, I'd really like to see Earl and Crabbe for a few minutes.

2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Call me crazy, but I'd be happy if they kept everything the same. Let's talk when were 46-10.

3. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.
    At this point both Earl and Crabbe should be getting Mo's minutes if he can't play. Putting a guy in who's coming off an injury, who isn't in game shape, is just begging for a set-back. Let CJ get his legs back before asking him to go game-speed.

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Earl is the logical choice. Dame plays off the ball, we're fine.

5. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    From what I understand, NBA basketball is kinda intense. CJ would likely be gassed after five minutes of live action.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  6. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I look forward to Watson getting some court time with the reserves. Don't let me down, Earl.

7. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    I see a Billups/Hamilton backcourt here -- coming off screens for jumpers is a huge strength of CJ.

8. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Please for the love of all that is holy, do not play CJ for another month. I do not want another Greg Oden & BRoy & EWill bug on our team. Let the guy get 100% healthy first. That includes building up any muscle atrophy he had from being in the boot for a while, regaining balance and proper weight distribution/mechanics for his jump/run/etc.

Earl Fucking Watson and Crabber works fine in place of Mo.

9. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    CJ was cleared for 3-on-3 weeks ago. I'm sure that IF they play him it won't be for more than 15 mpg. Personally, I'd love to see CJ on the court for just a few minutes a game while he heals. I am sure that long practices are more intense than playing for a few minutes.

10. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

+1 on this, let's err on the side of caution, I also really want to see CJ but we have other guys to play

11. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

The medical staff needs to decide if he is at an elevated risk of re-injury. If he is then hold him out. If not than let him play.

There will always be a risk of injury especially his first few games back. Delaying that return may not reduce that risk.

I don’t think atrophy will be much of a concern because he was able to walk in a boot the entire time and has been running for awhile. It’s not like Kobe’s Achilles where he was immobilized for months. But that is speculation on my part.

It seems like most the players who have a major set back with this injury just break the bone again. While that would suck it still is only a broken bone and not a soft tissue injury which are the more serious chronic problems.

12. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

While I can agree, I also have to point out that Brooke Lopez broke that foot just recently and is out for the rest of the season. It's his 3rd break of the same bone, which, is the same bone CJ broke (Twice now).

I'd hate to have him come back early (even if cleared) and re-break it and be out for the season. I'd like to rest him as precaution, and bring him in late Jan/Feb for our after all star break push.

13. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Does resting him or building strength lower the chance of injury when he plays his first game? If so then yes wait until there is no longer a benefit to holding him out. But if the bone is completely healed and his leg is strong as it sounds like it has been for many weeks I'm fine with throwing him out there. He will be more valuable to the team the sooner he gets into games and builds experience. This isn't an RGIII situation where he is limping around out on the field in the playoffs. He is fully cleared for all contact with no visible limitations. I saw some of Brook Lopez's games and he looked horrible out on the court, the guy had trouble walking.

Yes it will always suck if CJ, or any Blazer gets hurt. But that just goes along with playing in the NBA.

14. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I think everybody who suits up for the game should get to play a few minutes. It should be like Little League baseball. :MARIS61:

15. Boise Blazer

Boise Blazer Thread Lightly

Mike Rice @mikerice6
    "@Massimot92Ita: @mikerice6 any chance we'll see McCollum before 2014? how he looks in practice?"really good

Mike Rice @mikerice6
    "@Massimot92Ita: @mikerice6 perhaps I exaggerate, but do you think he can be an all star someday?"I will say it again he is special