CJ taking it to another level

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by fumanchu, May 4, 2019.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Those game threads are pretty hilarious as there are some posters that lose reality in those threads.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

There was only one guy raving about Murray and he’s a troll.

Of course CJ is going to take heat when he goes full hero ball and we don’t get good looks. I hate when one of our guys jacks up all the shots and the other four guys just stand around watching. It’s not good or sustainable offense.

LuckyShot, royo and tester551 like this.
  3. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

The difference between CJ and Murray is CJ gets his on ISO and Murray gets majority of his on pick from Jokic. Both players like the mid range game.

tester551 likes this.
  4. CupWizier

retired
    McCollums shooting numbers are actually pretty good for the position he plays as he is shooting over 41% from three. He has improved his passing, his defense and running the point over the last 6 years. Some of you guys need to wake up and start enjoying what he brings and along with Lillard we have one of the most potent back courts in the league.

RSC60 and Hoopguru like this.
  5. Natebishop3

CJ doesn’t run the point. CJ brings the ball up the floor looking for his own shot. There’s a difference. Dame will pick certain times of the game to be selfish and look for his own shot, but he also will defer and run the offense. CJ has one mode - look for his own shot.

When it works, great, but when it doesn’t work he can shoot you right out of the game. Several times last night he was instrumental in getting us a lead, and then he was instrumental in handing it right back.

6. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

In playoff basketball teams usually rely on the stars more to win games. Its very apparent that if you don't have at least two guys that can take over in any way at any time chances are they lose in the playoffs.
    CJ & Dame are two of the hardest to guard in the nab and thats an advantage anyway you look at it.
    As a team we didn't shoot well from three last night and we won, thats big.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Darkwebs, Dougnsalem and CupWizier like this.
  7. CupWizier

retired
    His assist numbers are up so your theory seems not to hold much water. Just enjoy the ride rather than looking to nit pick, besides his ability to score, just the fact that he can bring the ball up and set up the offense to relieve Lillard from some of the pressure is very valuable and allows Lillard some rest during the game.

Darkwebs and Hoopguru like this.
  8. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Does Hood make that three to end the game without CJ not only getting a rebound but providing the huge assist (That he was not credited for by the way) one motion pass to an open shooter.

9. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

It was totally obvious. Stotts started using Lillard off ball. The Nuggets could not leave him for a second. Lillard stayed around the three point line and CJ had room to dice the defense up.
    If Kanter could have lifted an arm at the end of Regulation they would never have been in OT. Also if Aminu would have connected on the three that CJ set up for him that game would have been over as well.

10. Natebishop3

Assists don't necessarily mean you're running the offense efficiently.

Westbrook averaged a triple double. Do you think he was running their offense efficiently in the first round? Was he making good decisions with the ball?

This is a thread about CJ taking it to another level, so I'm having a conversation about CJ.

Darkwebs likes this.
  11. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    no CJ, no win. Know CJ, know win

kjironman1 and Darkwebs like this.
  12. Natebishop3

You mean when CJ rebounded his own bad shot and finally passed it out to the open man?

Watch this clip. CJ had THREE GUYS contesting his shot, and he can make that shot, but just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

joeBlazers likes this.
  13. CupWizier

retired
    wow dude. Learn to enjoy a great game. McCollum is not a problem for this team. He is one of the answers why we have done as well as we have. The grass isn't always greened on the other side.

PCmor7 likes this.
  14. Natebishop3

This post can fuck right off. It's a discussion about CJ and whether he has taken it to another level. I'm happy that he was able to hit big shots, and I'm thrilled that we won that game, but I hate when you guys think that players are completely immune to any kind of constructive criticism.

CJ is still a ball hog chucker. For better or worse. That's his game. Watch that clip. He went 1 on 3 to take a bad shot in a crucial time in the game. Hood was WIDE THE FUCK OPEN. That whole time he was wide open. CJ is not looking to pass the ball. He completely missed a guy that was wide open, and that's just how he is.

15. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Look CJ is not perfect. No player is. Even Laker fans would nit pick about Kobe. But what I hope is now evident is that the size of the back court (or lack of ) is not the reason for the lack of previous success of the Blazers in the playoffs. You still have to have at least 7-8 other quality players on your team, all of whom need to mesh with one another and step up and come through when needed. And if they do not advance past Denver or if they get killed by the Warriors again....it will not change anything. I just wish we still had Nurk damn it!

16. Natebishop3

Yup. The difference this year isn't CJ.... or necessarily even Dame (even though he's easily having his best post season.)

The difference is Hood and Kanter. Zach is playing better. Curry has played okay at times. But the key is that we have other guys who can score the ball. This has been a team effort.

17. Natebishop3

Dame had 50 points off 13-33 shooting (51.5% from the floor)

Dame had 39 points off 12-21 shooting (57% from the floor)

Durant had 50 points off 15-26 shooting (57.7% from the floor)

Durant had 45 points off 14-26 shooting (53.8% from the floor)

CJ had 41 points off 16-39 shooting (41% from the floor)

41 points off 39 shots is not efficient. That's some shit that we would have (and probably did) roast Kobe Bryant about in the past.

joeBlazers likes this.
  18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm eating my CJ crow today...This season he's improved all around, less ISO ball...effort on defense and just a joy to watch with that teardrop floater at the free throw line....I thought he should have Hood's role off the bench but CJ has earned my respect in these playoffs.....riverman is a fan!
    crow.png

Dougnsalem and Hoopguru like this.
  19. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Im thinking he will light it up on Sunday!

Dougnsalem likes this.
  20. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Exactly , Dame and CJ are the "constant" that gives the others a chance to be the difference makers. And we can't win without either. We still need Chief to step up.

Darkwebs and Natebishop3 like this.