CL: Matchday 2

Discussion in 'Europe' started by kobe23, Sep 30, 2008.

1. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    i wouldnt put it that way... Yes it was ronaldo who basically handed ManU the premier league and champions league trophies last year... BUT the year before that it was more of Rooney teaming up with Cristiano and the other players performing well to outlast Chelsea for the Premier League title.

yes w/o ronaldo they aren't as good... but they definitely aren't weak!

this year, Rooney and co. have just suddenly returned to reality that they cant rely all the time on Ronaldo and are slowly getting back into their game.

honestly, ManU really isnt a strong squad unlike Chelsea who has A LOT of quality (star) players. they actually only have a few... it's simply Cristiano's on - field impact that overshadows rooney's, tevez's, nani's. anderson's talent and potential.

2. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    I know, I agree. I was just a bit annoyed at that guys comment.

3. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

I think Berbatov did well that night especially the second goal, but again I think Ronaldo and Man U, are similar to Henry and Arsenal, I basiclly said this Plus more on the Ronaldo is reday post on the Manchester United forum.

4. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Hmm, no not at all. Henry was a blow to Arsenal (no homo) not because of his skill, but because of his leadership skills. He was vital is helping most of the Arsenal players grow. When he left, we really didn't have that many veteran names (save for Gilberto, Gallas, and Toure) so I believe Wenger was a big nervous on chosing the new captain. Ronaldo on the otherhand is just an amazing player, and can score from anywhere (at 100% form). Henry could still have his off days (he has had plenty recently) but could still lead the team to victory, or even score an important equalizer.