Clearly the worst team.....

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Steelerfan_2005, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

... in the AFC North, what will the Brownies to do pick up the slack? Their defense was inconsistant, their offense was inconsistant, Butch Davis doesn't seem to be motivating the team, and there's no clear starters at any offensive position.

What will the Browns do next season to contend?

2. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Naming Tim Couch the undisputed starter would be the first step, imo. Quit dragging your #1 draft picks confidence in and out of the mud and let him take some lumps and continue playing. Step 2: Draft a RB or sign one in free agency. They already have a decent stable of young wideouts. Step 3: improve the o-line. That will help both Couch's health and the running game. I'll let someone else tackle their defensive problems. I think as a KC fan, I may be underqualified in that area at this point in time. DWO, you guys have a defense. Help me out, would ya'?

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

So James Jackson or William Green aren't the answer? I think they need more O-line help and Linebacker help before they replace their RB.

4. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

James Jackson wasn't the answer before last season started. I don't know if all of Greens legal issues have been resolved. Maybe Pittsburgh would give up some middle of the road draft picks for them?