Cleveland's Choices

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Klabbe, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Klabbe

Klabbe JBB JustBBall Member

This is what Clevland should do

First off, I'm excited about the upcoming season. Lebron James will be in the lineup! However, if the Cavs wants to be succesful they can't only hope that Lebron will deliver. The Cavs need a pure shooter. A Wes Person type that they don't have any more [​IMG] . So my suggestion is signing Walt Williams of the Mavericks who is a free agent. He is a great 3 point shooter and could play 20 minutes a night. Carlos Boozer is going to be a key to success. I beleive that Silas will teach him a lot about rebounding. Remember Silas is the one who taught Jayson Williams the Net how to rebound. Boozer already is a good rebounder. But look for his numbers to rise next year. I'm thinking 14 and 10. Keep Ricky Davis. Too good of a player to throw away. How about this:

Wagner, Palacio, Parker
    Davis, Williams
    Lebron, Miles
    Boozer, Jones
    Ilgauskas, Mihm

That is going to be one talented team. I beleive in Playoffs. I don't know how big the chance is signing Walt Williams, but I like the idea better than trading Davis for Sczerbiak. Good luck Cavs.

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

I read that they are playing lebron at point,ricky at sg, miles at sf then wagner off the bench.

3. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

Yeah I like the Williams idea, should do them some good. Boozer is an outstanding player, and Silas is the perfect coach to teach him that.

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

boozer is a dukie though, so he will get injured. [​IMG] . oh well i wouldn't say he's an outstanding player, but he's one of those above average guys that every team would like to have him on their team.

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

silas helped magloire alot too.

6. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

can jurmaine jones really be a backup power forward?

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Jermaine Jones is a FA this summer and likely won't return to the Cavs..Nets are high on him.

8. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, not bad. Walt Williams will give them a needed veteran. If they do sit Wagner I will be pissed. Darius Miles will never be good, trade him away.

PG : LeBron James
    SG : Dajuan Wagner
    SF : Ricky Davis
    PF : Carlos Boozer
    C : Zydrunas Ilgauskus

Wagner guards PG. Ricky guards SG. LeBron guards SF.

9. HighHeat

HighHeat JBB JustBBall Member

PG : Wagner
    SG : James
    SF : Davis/Miles
    PF : Boozer/Jones
    C : Ilgauskas

10. BeLikeMike

BeLikeMike JBB JustBBall Member

1) G. Arenas signs deal with old club and then a trade for Boozer + Darius Miles
    2) Trade Wagner+ Jones for Troy Murphy +Danny Fortson(GS)

PG.... Arenas
    SG.....Davis
    SF.....James
    PF......Murphy
    C.......Ilgauskas

:mrgreen:

11. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I like the potential for this team, but I think Ricky Davis really has to clean up his attitude, hopefully Silas can help with that. I don't think positions placements are all that important with the team. LeBron is a PG in an SF's body, DaJuan a SG in a PG's body, and Ricky is just a SG. I think if they put the lineup on paper of:

PG- Dajuan
    SG- Ricky
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Boozer/Miles
    C- Big Z

you really won't be seeing anyone playing their listed position unless they are on the defensive end because LeBron will be playing PG, and Dajuan will be playing SG and so on and so forth. Hopefully this cluster of the same guys at the same position doesn't cause too much trouble.

12. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Big mistake if they let Dajuan Wagner go. He is a future all-star, this upcoming season, he will putting up 18 ppg, 3 apg, 3 rpg, and will play real good alongside LeBron. Darius Miles at best will give them 12 and 8, but not much defense, other than a few blocks.

13. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

They have a great group in Cleveland, but they are pretty young. Adding a couple of veterans would really help, maybe somebody like Jon Barry?

14. 12_down

12_down JBB JustBBall Member

put it to paper and take Lebron, ricky, wagner, boozer, and z to the bank for your starting lineup this team is full of present and future all stars. it's a given that Lebron will start because of his success at the summer leagues but don't be surprized if silas puts him at small forward instead of point. sure he can play the point but wagner is too small to be the SG though if James plays point heres the lineup.

C-Zydrunas Illgauskus (#1 goal stay healthy)
    PF-Carlos Boozer (i didn't like him at first cuz he's from duke now i do)
    SF-Ricky Davis (needs to give the ball up)
    SG-Dejaun Wagner (the go to guy...for now)
    PG-LeBron James (sure he's been working good for the summer but what happens when he meets an actual NBA team like the Mavs, Kings, Lakers, Detroit, NJ, or the Spurs. i'm not saying he won't do good, but there is going to be a jump from free agents/rookies to playing against all-stars/future hall of famers.)

15. t-mac

t-mac JBB JustBBall Member

1 question... can lebron make it in the nba at point? i thought he would b at 2 or 3 man

16. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

Lebron has a good of a chance to be a succesfull Point as anyone else in this year's rookie class. I just think he'd be more successful without having the pressure of running the show as rook. That being said, I think he'll share time at the point with Wagner and whoever else they toss into the mix- but that he'll spend at least as much time away from the ball.

Its too bad they didn't deal for Wally Szcerbiak, but Kevin Mchale was smart to balk on that deal. Ricky isn't talented enough to be the best scorer on a team and doesn't have the mentality to be an effective 3rd guy, which is what he should be. He could mature mentally, but he certainly didn't show any signs of it last year.

I think Darius Miles will have enough success to make Ricky tradeable. Hopefully he will either grow-up enough to make him valuable to the team or at least keep things cool enough to not hurt his trade value.