Climate change and wildfire in the Pacific Northwest

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Eastoff, Jul 22, 2014.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

So says scientists. We can't trust them. They have some sort of a hidden agenda.

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I recommend against that. They are all like 'That took exactly 37.2 seconds, and I reached only 0.04% of my peak arousal. Perhaps you'd like to try a few more times so we have better statistics?'

barfo

3. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Good to see your getting a lot of rainfall out there is So Cal and water isn't a problem, must mean there is no global warming.

Los Angeles (AFP) - Lush green lawns, a symbol of the American way of life, are under attack in California, where "cash for grass" programs have sprouted like weeds amid a severe drought.

With the western US state struggling to conserve water, locals are re-landscaping their outdoor spaces as attitudes shift about what constitutes an attractive yard.

And municipal monetary incentives -- reflecting the dire circumstances depleting reservoirs and underground aquifers -- are making it that much easier for many to make the switch.

Los Angeles, for example, is offering $3 for every square foot of grass that is replaced with more water-efficient options such as drought-tolerant plants, rocks and pebbles.

4. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I remember in the late '80s or early '90s we hade severe drought conditions.

The rich paid the penalties and watered their lawns.

I was doing some work in Culver City and they had sprinklers on, watering the grass on the medians. To me this was a big deal because we had to ration up north so they could water medians in so cal?

And later, there was no drought. Like last year there wasn't one.

Tho places I've lived here generally see just 14" of rainfall a year, normally.