Clippers at Magic, 7

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by Ice, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Los Angeles Clippers will be pressed to end their losing streak Tuesday, when they visit the Orlando Magic, one of the best home teams in the league.

The Clippers are in the midst of their third five-game losing streak of the season, but have yet to lose six in a row. The Magic enter the game with the fifth-best home record in the league at 18-6.

In the midst of a season-high nine-game road swing, Los Angeles is coming off a 109-106 loss at Toronto on Sunday. Elton Brand collected 26 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots. He has recorded three consecutive double-digit rebound games. </div>
    Linkage - http://www.nba.com/games/20050215/LACORL/preview.html

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

The Clippers have had a 9 game road trip, and it's just been terrible, the biggest problem for the Clippers has been finishing games. The Clippers don't have anyone who's a reliable clutch player.

Bobby Simmons has a very good jumpshot, but he's not the best and putting the bal on the floor to create his own shot, and though he's a decent passer, he's not going to find the open man down the stretch reliably. Maggette's shot is too inconsistent, he can get to the basket very well, but in crunch time, other teams will look to stop the penetration, he's also only an okay passer, and he's not a guy you can work the pick and roll with.

Brand can get to the basket and work in the post, and is a fairly good passer, but he can easily get doubled in the post, and his jumpshot though fairly good isn't reliable enough to go to.

I see the Clippers keeping it close, but losing by about 6 points in the end.

3. FlaBoy

FlaBoy JBB JustBBall Member

Very good game by both teams ive never seen the new improved Clips play so it was nice. But finally we saw Doug 6 steals very nice and Hunter and Stevenson a very good passer with Deshawn and where did Hunter come from on that block? also he boxes out very well but a bit rusty on his shots a little more time for him to play. Francis just rubbed it in the east coaches faces he is a closer and all star nice 6 points to close it. But!!! GRANT HILL how old is he and what injury did he have i dont care 39 points bea-utiful game by are allstar need i saw more 39 points from GRANT HILL!!

4. magicdamo23

magicdamo23 JBB JustBBall Member

That was a great game, for lots of different reasons. Firstly we see a Hill of Old performance, that is the sorta stuff he did to get the crown of being "the next MJ" before the injury!
    Stevie again, just doing his job. Everyone knows he is a allstar, just unlucky that arenas had a good month just before the allstar coach decisions.
    DC was awsome on the D, and really kept the pressure off with doing a good point job while stevie had to sit for alot of the game. Same with dwight, conidering he got in foul trouble so quickly he did well to grab 9 and 9.

Hunter and Deshawn pleased me no end this game (and Deshawn last game). Both have alot of potential, and really last night was the first time that I was happy with the whole list of players. Hunter picked up nice boards (4, nice contribution) and a awsome block. Deshawn, nice ball movement, and 4 points, pleased for him, he has the potential to be a great player off the bench to fill 10mins and do something in those minutes, same as brandon, so lets see them get some time.
    Jameer was a bit unlucky that DC was doing so well, but pulled down decent stats for his time I feel, couple of rebs and 1 assist, still doing the job for the team.

I think that if we go out each night with that team on the list we have alot more potential than with say Andrew "Old Lady" Declerq. Hunter is a young player, not saying he is gonna be a awsome star (he could be, never know) but he does look like a solid roster player, same as deshawn! Just adds to the young potential we have imo.

5. pigpen

pigpen JBB JustBBall Member

orlando played considerably better defense in this game. and what a performance by mr. hill. he truly deserves to be an allstar.