Clowney or franchise OT

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by dumpstralmannow, Oct 6, 2013.

1. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

That's going to be a tough choice. Clowney is lazy and his work ethic is seriously being question despite his Hall of Fame talent. I looked at draft rankings today. After several years of crap LB's, this draft is full of LB's and OL. Which makes is absolutely a MUST for MORON Reese to trade Rolle and Joseph who are on the last year of their contract for 2nd round picks which they should easily bring back to a contender. If the Giants can find a way to go into this draft with a first, 3 second's and two thirds they can rebuild most of the team in a year. With those first 4 picks go OT, OLB, ILB and C.

They could move Beatty to RT, Pugh to guard.

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Jax will likely go 0-16 and get the first pick.

3. dumpstralmannow

They are taking a QB and so are the Bucs so Clowney isn't going to at least 3.

4. vette322

vette322 Member

The only game the Giants have a chance in the rest of the year is the home game against the Raiders. Every other game? No chance of winning, no chance of coming within 10 points of anyone.

Eli's stats this year will read along the lines of 22 TDs - 38 INTs.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  5. vette322

vette322 Member

They need to trade down this year and next year and accumulate picks. As constructed right now, the Giants only have about 18-20 NFL players on the roster - need to use then next 3-4 years to find another 20-25 players who actually belong in the NFL. Right now, there are about 5 college football teams that would beat the shit out of the Giants.

6. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Clowney is a lazy showboat college player. He's got the perfect name.....CLOWNey.
    You can keep him.

7. vette322

vette322 Member

Yep - he'd be a wasted pick. Trade down, keep trading down, trade out of the 1st round and start filling out the roster with youth. This team as constructed in already the worst in the NFL - glad they don't play the Jaguars this year, because I do not think they would win.

8. Majorball

Majorball Well-Known Member

I would like to see the Giants trade Nicks for pick(s). I agree that there may be 20 NFL keepers on the roster. I would like to see us go back to our roots with defensive minded approach. I know its an offense driven league right now, but we can't expect to give up 35+ a game and win anything meaningful.

9. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Agreed that is what they SHOULD do... but I seriously doubt they will... they'll probably break the bank for Nicks and shouldn't... he has given up on plays, given up on balls, shown to be lazy and slowly jog when he could show hustle not to mention the fact that he has never once had a season in which he played the entire season... Nicks should definitely go (just like Cano with the Yankees)

10. dumpstralmannow

Clowney is the best defensive player to come out in the draft in 15 years. Only a moron would think otherwise. He's simply trying to not get hurt. I don't blame him. The GM's and scouts know the guy is a phenom.

That being said, there is no reason to trade down because the morons can easily trade Joseph and Rolle who are in the last year of a contract to a contender for at least 2nd round picks.

The top LB's and OL in this draft will not be available past the early second. Most will be gone by the top 20 picks. Trading out of the first round is moronic.

11. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

2nd round picks for Rolle and Joseph? are you crazy?