Cockiest Athletes in the World

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by wolverine30, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Devlin

Devlin BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Becar @ Oct 31 2006, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I will OWN you on the golf course, baseball diamond, football field and in a hockey rink. AND THATS A FACT.</div>Thats a lie and you know it.Can someone explain the whole Terrell Owens thing, cause to me its not self explanitory.

2. Becar

Becar BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Devlin @ Nov 1 2006, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thats a lie and you know it.Can someone explain the whole Terrell Owens thing, cause to me its not self explanitory.</div>Yeah, I guess a football field was a stretch. But other than that, I would be willing to bet the majority of my assets that I would dominate him in the others.And about Owens...............how can you not get it? Have you not watched football or ESPN for the last 4 years?

3. Devlin

Devlin BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Becar @ Nov 2 2006, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I guess a football field was a stretch. But other than that, I would be willing to bet the majority of my assets that I would dominate him in the others.And about Owens...............how can you not get it? Have you not watched football or ESPN for the last 4 years?</div>I haven't watches ESPN in 14 years the same with American football, well except the superbowl.

4. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

T.O Backs it up, he is the best WR in the NFL....Sheed is a big mouth *****

5. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Funny how this thread turns from most cocky in the world...and everyone just mentions American athletes and forgets about half those soccer douchebags.

6. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Nov 3 2006, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Funny how this thread turns from most cocky in the world...and everyone just mentions American athletes and forgets about half those soccer douchebags.</div>Well Yeah we don't know anything about htem. We don't watch soccer, and it's not exactly covered well here.

7. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Kobe Bryant easily. But he backs it up.

8. boykinsforpresident

boykinsforpresident BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Becar @ Oct 31 2006, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think Rasheed is really cocky. He has confidence in his team and he was doing what he believed would pump up his team for the next game. It worked twice. Other two times, not so much. But like others have said, Rasheed is very humble when it comes down to talking about his team and what they need to do to succeed. Rasheed knows that hes not the main guy and he likes it. Chad Johnson should not be there either. I think of him along the same lines as Rasheed. Sure Johnson talks to the media a lot and gets a lot of exposure for his comments. But its all fun to him. He rarely taunts individual players and even his touchdown dances in the past have all been in good fun. Never taunting the other team. Johnson is a well respected player among NFL players and he is also viewed as a nice guy by his teammates AND opponents. The man has, what, one touchdown this year. Have you heard him call out his coach or his qb? because I havent. T.O. definitely belongs there and I dont feel that I need to go any further with him.I really cant believe Kobe hasnt been mentioned yet. Yes, Kobe gives good interviews and seems to be a smart, personable kind of guy. But I really have to question him when he cant get a long with a fun-loving guy like Shaq. I mean, Shaq is in my top 5 of people I would like to go out to the bar with for one night and hang out with. Not because he is a superstar, but because he is a fun-loving dude. And Kobe's got that swagger. I know you all see it. That "Im the best player to ever play this game" look to him. Its more than that, its "I can do anything better than you can. ANYTHING". And I know that this isnt an act to intimidate the other team, he REALLY THINKS he is the best player to ever play the game. There are just certain ways that people carry themselves that is annoying and makes me want to punch them in the face. Dont get it twisted Kobe. I will OWN you on the golf course, baseball diamond, football field and in a hockey rink. AND THATS A FACT. As a basketball coach, I really get to see how young players adjust to the game. At the University where I work, we had a player last year that was voted one of ESPN's top 25 freshman in the country. I could see this year that it really went to his head. So I had a couple of friends of mine, one of whom recently got drafted, come in an play him one on one. Basically to say "You got potential, but you aint sh*t YET". It worked. My point? Lebron CANNOT be considered one of the cockiest athletes in the world. He is a young kid that has had a lot thrown his way. Do you know how much pressure must be on your shoulders to be considered "The Next Great One"? I think this kid has handled the pressure and the spotlight better than anyone would have expected. And I give him a lot of props for that. I dont think any of us could have handled it better than he has. Now Im not saying that he wont become cocky, as I am pretty much giving him a pass for now (eventhough he has done a good job). It really all depends on who his coaches and mentors are. Its basically up to them.</div>This blows my mind. I love chad johnson as much as the next guy, but if you dont call him cocky, then you havent seen an interview with him or watched any of his games. The man has a check list of the best corners on the opposing teams he faces and checks them off each game he plays, meaning he was going to make them look foolish. And if you dont call Chad Johnson cocky how do you call T.O. cocky? T.O. Made guys like chad johnson. T.O. started all the TD celebrations that were epic. Without TO chad johnson would just be a good WR that no one talks about. TO brings excitement to the game of football. Plus I think TO did get f'd over in Philly. I love mcnabb but he played like a coward in the SB. He wasnt his usual tough self, and that caused the Eagles to lose. TO deserves to be the highest paid WR in the NFL

9. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

He's retired now but Reggie Miller. That guy was one cocky son of a bi*ch.

10. wolverine30

wolverine30 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ReppinTheD @ Oct 31 2006, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What??? Rasheed is cocky? Are you kidding me...this guy is the most humble guy ever. You know the reason he hated Atlanta was because they wanted him to be the main scorer? He likes Detroit because he isn't the 'main' guy...Rasheed is far from being cocky. Also, Rasheed said that he didnt even care about getting into the all star game...he's been there before anyway.</div>Maybe he left after one game because they lost by alot vs. New Jersey. He knew that the young ATL team wasn't going anywhere so he asked for a trade. If he's an "all-star", why doesn't he wanna be the main scorer? I know that he was an all-star in Detroit and so was Rip, Chauncey and Big Ben but if you are an all-star why wouldn't you wanna be the 1st option? Shareef Abdur-Rahim was never a good main scorer. He was shying away from the ball in the 4th quarter. Wasn't Rasheed Wallace the main scorer in Portland even though they had Sabonis, Damon, Scottie, Derek Anderson? Rasheed is obviously is cocky because of his "Guaransheeds".

11. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

You all forgot Stephon im the best point guard in the league Marbury.

12. Becar

Becar BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolverine30 @ Nov 9 2006, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he's an "all-star", why doesn't he wanna be the main scorer? I know that he was an all-star in Detroit and so was Rip, Chauncey and Big Ben but if you are an all-star why wouldn't you wanna be the 1st option?</div>It isnt that he doesn't WANT to be the first option. Believe me, he wants to. But he recognizes that he is out of his prime and there are better options on his team now. This is the first sign of a veteran leader and shows good character. Being an all-star does not give you the right to be selfish, and he knows it. I would also like to state, for all of you who say that Rasheed is cocky, that he did not say "I am going to win the next game", he said "WE are going to win the next game". Everything he said was team-oriented. Therefore these "GarunSheeds" cannot be used in a referance to Rasheeds cockyness.

13. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

1. Kobe2. Shaq3. D Wade4. Dirk5. Billups Thats my top 5 NBA guys.

14. Becar

Becar BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTP @ Nov 10 2006, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1. Kobe2. Shaq3. D Wade4. Dirk5. Billups Thats my top 5 NBA guys.</div>Billups? Please explain.

15. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

Um.... DeAngelo Hall is deff not cocky. This guy can back it up on the field. He shut down Chad Johnson while Chad was being cocky. He is the best COMPLETE corner.