Coco Crisp in the lineup a day after DUI arrest

Discussion in 'American League West' started by truebluefan, Mar 5, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

"Center fielder Coco Crisp addressed the media Thursday regarding his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

"A lot of people look up to me," said Crisp, speaking quietly at his locker. "This is obviously a decision that wasn't the right decision. One thing that I don't want to ever be, that I am right now, (is) a distraction. And the sooner that this can get out of the clubhouse, the better."

Crisp said he couldn't talk about details of his arrest and has not addressed the issue with his teammates, though he said he was willing to speak in front of the team if management wanted him to.

"I guarantee that this will never happen again," he said. "I've just got to make better decisions moving forward."

According to Sgt. Mark Clark of the Scottsdale Police Department, Crisp was pulled over at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday on East Indian School Road for failing to stay in one lane. He was taken to City of Scottsdale Jail but released in time to join the team that morning.

Test results hadn't been received yet regarding his blood-alcohol level, Clark said.

Crisp could be arraigned as early as next week, given the typical time frame for the paperwork to be processed in such a case. A's general manager Billy Beane did not return a phone call seeking comment on whether Crisp would face punishment from the team."

Read more: http://www.insidebayarea.com/athletics/ci_17534713

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

yeah, just like Braylon Edwards