Coin throwing at the weekend

Discussion in 'England' started by fatfrank, Nov 6, 2006.

1. fatfrank

fatfrank DYC 1st team Reserves

For two players to be hit on the head, twice in the same weekend at a Premiership match, is a bit of a co-incidence. Fowler last season had a load of coins thrown at him after scoring against United but I don't think they hit him; same with the phone thrown at Rooney and Henry and Lauren against Chelsea a few years ago were hit by lighters but that was after goals scored.

I think with the increase in cynical play and players cheating, fans get that pissed off with it, that one is always liable to throw something when nearby. Bearing in mind the amount of diving that goes on and whatever, it could become a new fad. If it does then clubs will get punished and fans will get punished, which will only serve to make the atmosphere at grounds worse, as clubs will take measures to put a stop to it.

2. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

van Persie didn't dive though, he was hacked down and then the West Ham fans thought differently and one moron showed his anger by throwing something.

I don't think it's the league's worry anyway, they should just hand footage of the crowd over to the police and punish the individual, why should West Ham as a club be punished because one coward threw something?

3. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

I agree it's a problem but I think there should just be tougher measures on punishing the individuals, how can West Ham or Everton stop their fans throwing stuff?

Obviously the clubs should work with the police to find the idiots though.

4. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

Still want to meet that guy who hit the ref with a coin in that european game. That was a shot and a half.

5. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Who was the referee in that european game?

6. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

I believe it was Anders Frisk.