Coles for Moss

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by MKIV_Supra, Mar 5, 2005.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>One good game does not a season make. At the end of the year, Coles will have a much better stat line.</div>

Just wanted to talk more shit, that way more to blow up in my face if i am wrong, which i wont be, and will have even more reason to talk trash to you for saying coles is better again</div>

Coles will have the better year simply because he's in a better system.

2. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

coles>moss

3. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

It all depends on whose QB situation works out best, Right now I say Coles just because Pennington won't be on and off a constant QB carousel like Brunell, Ramsey, and possibly Jason Campbell are almost destined to be in. Moss will still put up decent numbers as long as someones throwing the deep ball to him though.

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Moss just looks better and better each week.

5. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Yep now it looks like the Jets may be in a constant QB carousel themseleves lol! Moss and Brunell are hitting it off good.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Santana Moss is lighting it up, great trade for Redskins.

7. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

hmmm yea its lookin like BF was.... hmmmm... ughhhhhhhhhhh... ummmmmm.... right [​IMG]

o well but u also cant really tell whos doing better right now considering the QB situation and offensive situation with the jets right now, but for now its looking pretty good for the Skins but u cant really tell with the Jets.

8. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Don't get too confident in Moss' skills. Dexter McCleon was covering (or at least attempting to) him. Please Dicky V. Put Warfield back in.

9. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmmm yea its lookin like BF was.... hmmmm... ughhhhhhhhhhh... ummmmmm.... right [​IMG]</div>

I am always right. Nice to see that you finally realized it :noworry: :cheesey:

10. J-E-T-S 1083

key word... lookin as in so far this season

so you may not be right soo.... ha!! [​IMG]

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmmm yea its lookin like BF was.... hmmmm... ughhhhhhhhhhh... ummmmmm.... right [​IMG]</div>

I am always right. Nice to see that you finally realized it :noworry: :cheesey:</div>

http://www.nfl-forums.com/vt3770/Kitties-g...e-declawed.html [​IMG]

12. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Losing Pennington for the year is not helping Coles's stat line. I'm going to end up being "wrong," apparently, at the end of the year, but it will have an asterisk next to it in my book.

13. Bearsfan1

Just thought i would bring thread back to top. Moss has 6 tds to coles 2, and almost double the yardage. btw, with washington last year, coles had less yards than moss has through 11 games this year. So dont use that QB excuse on me.

14. J-E-T-S 1083

i will use that excuse on u, washington's offense was a mess last year and you know it, it was awful brunell wasnt the qb the whole time there was choas on that offense plus with a new coach. Now Coles is with another struggling offense, Brooks Bollinger is the starting QB the 5th qb to play. new offensive coordintor and the offensive line is a mess... the team is a mess. i'm not defending the trade but i'm not agreeing with you. If they both have similar stats next year with both teams doing well then i'll agree with you

15. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brooks Bollinger is the starting QB the 5th qb to play.</div>

Bollinger was the 3rd QB to play....Testerverde and Kingsberry came after Bollinger replaced Pennington and Fiedler in a game....Bollinger was the 3rd QB on the depth chart from the start, so you can hardly say he was the 5th qb to play....

16. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brooks Bollinger is the starting QB the 5th qb to play.</div>

Bollinger was the 3rd QB to play....Testerverde and Kingsberry came after Bollinger replaced Pennington and Fiedler in a game....Bollinger was the 3rd QB on the depth chart from the start, so you can hardly say he was the 5th qb to play....</div>

And brunell was the 2nd QB to play for the skins. Fact of the matter is, Moss is making brunell look good, and coles isnt doing the same bollinger, didnt make brunell look good when he did start for washington, and didnt make ramsey look good either. Moss is better. WAY BETTER

17. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Moss is way better but I dont think he is making Brunell look good, why didnt he make Ramsey look good?

18. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Moss is way better but I dont think he is making Brunell look good, why didnt he make Ramsey look good?</div>

Cuz ramsey only got part of one game with him, and it was vs the best D in the league

19. J-E-T-S 1083

i dont think Moss is making Brunell look good Brunell is making himself look good. alright so Brooks was 3rd qb to start then when vinny came in he became 2nd and now hes back to starter. the point is that hes not a starter in this league. Brunell is a starter in this league and hes doing as well as anybody, you can have a good WR and still not be good look at Joey Harrington you need to throw the ball.

2nd of all how can you even compare last season Redskins offense to this seasons and IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF MOSS... that was the point of my last post. Gibbs was a 1st year coach last year he brought in a new QB (Brunell) new offense unhappy players. Its not gonna happen if you have Moss or Coles. Again in a year or two when both offenses are good we can compare, but right now Coles is on a bad team and Moss is on a good team. and last year Coles was on a bad team and Moss was on a decent offensive team. see the pattern?

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Even if the Jets were healthy this year and having a good season, I still don't think Coles would be putting up as good as numbers as Moss. Would they be better? Probably but Moss is having a career year and is on his way to the Pro Bowl in Washington this season. After 2 or 3 years though it could be intresting how people look at this trade down the road but right now Washington got the better hand.