Coles for Moss

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by MKIV_Supra, Mar 5, 2005.

1. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>After 2 or 3 years though it could be intresting how people look at this trade down the road but right now Washington got the better hand.</div>

EXACTLY [​IMG] good point

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>After 2 or 3 years though it could be intresting how people look at this trade down the road but right now Washington got the better hand.</div>

EXACTLY [​IMG] good point</div>

I am sure it will look really bad by then for the JETS

3. Bearsfan1

Total going into last weeks
    Moss 1400 yards and 9 tds
    Coles 700 yards and 3 tds

4. Bearsfan1

Thought i should bump this up. Been closer for these players this year. 310 yards for moss and 3 tds, 400 for coles and 1 td

5. J-E-T-S 1083

haha nice BF, but Coles and Pennington are really looking like they did in 2002 when Coles was catching everything Pennington threw. I think this trade really just worked out for everyone

6. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha nice BF, but Coles and Pennington are really looking like they did in 2002 when Coles was catching everything Pennington threw. I think this trade really just worked out for everyone</div>
    More so for the skins right now.

7. J-E-T-S 1083

personally i dont think so, Coles and Pennington have better chemistry than Moss and Pennington had thats very clear. Coles is the type of WR Pennington needs, a guy who is fast but isnt afraid of going across the middle. When Moss was with the Jets he never went over the middle Pennington obviously isnt the type of QB that always bombs it his game is throwing 10 yard passes for first downs sure he can make the throws but that isnt really his style of play

8. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>personally i dont think so, Coles and Pennington have better chemistry than Moss and Pennington had thats very clear. Coles is the type of WR Pennington needs, a guy who is fast but isnt afraid of going across the middle. When Moss was with the Jets he never went over the middle Pennington obviously isnt the type of QB that always bombs it his game is throwing 10 yard passes for first downs sure he can make the throws but that isnt really his style of play</div>
    regardless. The deal has worked better for skins. Look at production

9. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I dont think the critisism of Moss is fair....Ive watched the Redskins several times this season and he crosses the middle a lot....he catches a lot of short passes in traffic and then turns them into big gians....hes not all long passes down the sidelines....

10. J-E-T-S 1083

so i'm bringing this topic back because i like to rub it in BF's face....

Coles- 68 catches 826 yards 4 TDs

Moss- 38 catches 464 yards 3 TDs

so as some had said down the road this trade is looking better for the Jets. Chad and Coles have an incredible chemistry and the Jets have one of the best WR duos in hte league now with Coles and Cotchery.

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i'm bringing this topic back because i like to rub it in BF's face....

Coles- 68 catches 826 yards 4 TDs

Moss- 38 catches 464 yards 3 TDs

so as some had said down the road this trade is looking better for the Jets. Chad and Coles have an incredible chemistry and the Jets have one of the best WR duos in hte league now with Coles and Cotchery.</div>
    Nice timing....take the year that Moss has been hurt and then had the inexperienced passer thrust upon him....

Heres the stats since the trade:

Moss 25 games 118 catches 1947 yards 12 Tds
    Coles 27 games 142 catches 1671 yards 9 Tds

So Moss averages 77 yards per game while Coles averages 62 a game, and thats after Moss missed parts of games and was somewhat ineffective in others because of the injuries....

Cleary, Moss is better....hes a serious threat to score every time he touches the ball, while Coles is a possesion guy....no one in his right mind would trade Moss for Coles today....

12. J-E-T-S 1083

ha i thought it was nice timing as well, but personally for the Jets i still like Coles as a WR for Pennington rather than Moss. And as i've said Coles has a great chemistry with Pennington they are like best friends. Thats good for a team. So i still support the trade.