College Hoops - Fact or Fiction!

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Courtking, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

FACT, Assuming everyone stays, they'll probably be the favorite. Arizona, UCLA, and Ohio State should challenge that though.

Fact or Fiction - Greg Oden will be a 1st Team All-American in 2006.

2. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Fiction. Not as a freshman, if he stays for his sophmore season I would say yes but for a freshman on a crowded Ohio State roster I don't see it happening. Plus Oden isn't exactly ripping apart High Schoolers either he is only putting up 15 and 10 last time I checked against High Schoolers.

F/F - Rajon Rondo will average more then 15 points a game this year.

3. ItsShowtyme24

ItsShowtyme24 JBB JustBBall Member

Ill say fact.Hope he can come out and show why he was a high school all american.He can score,pass,and play d,and he will do all of those things this year.

F/F-The BIG EASTwill be better than the ACC?

4. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Fiction: The top teams in the Big East will be on par with the top teams in the ACC, but the depth of the league will cause it to be overall less competitive than the ACC.

Fact or Fiction: LSU be the second best team in the SEC...behind Kentucky

5. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Wow that's a tough one Schaddy but yes it's a fact. Alabama and LSU are a toss up for the number two team and with Glenn Davis in the block, plus Tasmin Mitchell the edge goes to LSU.

Fact or Fiction: Leon Powe will win Pac-10 player of the year.

6. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow that's a tough one Schaddy but yes it's a fact. Alabama and LSU are a toss up for the number two team and with Glenn Davis in the block, plus Tasmin Mitchell the edge goes to LSU.

Fact or Fiction: Leon Powe will win Pac-10 player of the year.</div>

Fiction It won't be because he gets hurt again, it will be that Malik Hairston owns the rest of the league.

Fact or Fiction: Josh McRoberts will have a better freshman year than Tyler Hansbrough

7. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Fiction, hansborogh will get more playing time resulting in a better year statistically speaking, but Josh's team will do much better.

F or F: LaMarcus Aldridge is the key for Texas to make a run at a title

8. Voodoo Child

FACT, Part of the reason they're ranked so high in the preseason is because most people expect Aldridge to rebound from his injury and become a dominant force this year. He's a big, talented 6-11 freak that has the potential to be the best big man in the Big 12 this year, so I'll say this is a fact.

Fact or Fiction - Bob Knight will make another Final Four appearance before he retires.

9. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction - Bob Knight will make another Final Four appearance before he retires.</div>

Fiction. Honestly, I don't think it's because Bob Knight is a washed up coach or that he doesn't have much left in his tank... It's just that nobody except for an above-average team such as Texas Tech would hire him. He won't get into a better program than that, and you won't see him blowing up the south with a batch of great recruits simply because of his reputation. I'd say no, but hey, he's proved me wrong in the past.

Fact or Fiction - The best 1-2 punch in college basketball next season will be Randy Foye and Allan Ray of Villanova.

10. Voodoo Child

FICTION, It'll be J.J. Redick, the best player in the nation, and Shelden Williams, the best bigman in the nation.

Fact or Fiction - Minnesota will make the NCAA Tournament.

11. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">FICTION, It'll be J.J. Redick, the best player in the nation, and Shelden Williams, the best bigman in the nation.

Fact or Fiction - Minnesota will make the NCAA Tournament.</div>

Fiction they'll be good, but this year the Big 10 will just be too deep.

Fact or Fiction: George Washington will win the A-10

12. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Fact. Although Charlotte and Temple will be close, I don't see anyone that will beat out George Washington.

Fact or fiction - UNC will go to another final four in five years.

13. Voodoo Child

FACT, I had to say fact just so you'd stop trying to get people to say that North Carolina would eventually be good again ([​IMG]). Five years from now is hard to predict, and they've got some good recruits coming in. If everyone stays, why not?

Fact or Fiction - Nebraska will make the NCAA Tournament this year.

14. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

FICTION. Nebraska? We are talking about college basketball not college football correct? The only half decent player Nebraska has on their squad is Joe McCray, their leading scorer. It's not like they are going to make it by winning their conference because they are in the Big XII.

Fact or Fiction - Mardy Collins will win A-10 player of the year.

15. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

FACT, Mardy Collins will win A-10 player of the year.

Fact or fiction - UConn will overcome their recent difficulties and still win the Big East.

16. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Fiction. I didn't even have UConn winning the Big East to begin with now with all these difficulties I don't think they are better than Villanova.

F/F - The Big East player of the year will not be on UConn.

17. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Fact With guys like Gerry McNamara, Allen Ray, Randy Foye, Curtis Sumpter and Craig Smith in the league, the chances just are that UConn won't have the best player.

Fact or Fiction: North Carolina State will go to the tourney

by the way, Nebraska will be good this year; they may not qualify for the tourney, but will surely be in the NIT and is a team on the rise.

18. Voodoo Child

FICTION, I don't think N.C. State will fall apart without Hodge like a lot of people are expecting, but I also don't think they'll be tournament worthy. I can see the ACC getting six teams in next year, being Duke, Boston College, Wake Forest, Maryland, Miami, and Florida State. Even though the Seminoles lose Wafer, they bring back Swann, Rich, and Johnson. If they live up to their potential this year, they'll make a lot of noise in the ACC.

Fact or Fiction - The Mountain West Conference well send two or more teams to the NCAA Tournament.

19. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Fact: New Mexico, UNLV and BYU will all be in contention, and New Mexico might even be a top 25 team by the end of the year. If New Mexico wins the conference tournament, the MWC will only get one team; if someone else does, they will get in and so will New Mexico. Colorado State is a major sleeper; they lose their top 2 scorers from last year, but return sophomore Jason Smith, a 7 footer with huge potential, and some solid complimentary pieces.

Fact or Fiction: The Missouri Valley will get 3 or more teams into the Tournament

20. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Ficiton. They would have to send at least one school to the big dance for winning the conference, and I think Northern Iowa has potential to squeeze in there too. I just don't think any other teams will be there.

F/F - The Georgetown Hoyas will make the sweet sixteen.