Collison's Shoulder

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

2. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

damn this is another blow. hopefully we wont lost anybody else

3. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

4. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

Damn... I watched Collison in college, and all I could hope for is a great career in the NBA, I hope he can get better fast and show the world what he can do.

5. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Seattle rookie Nick Collison needs surgery on both shoulders and will miss the season.

"It's very disappointing. I've wanted to play in this league since I was 8 or 9, and now I'll be out for a year," the power forward said Saturday.

Collison was the 12th overall draft pick this year after leading Kansas to the NCAA championship game.

He averaged 18.5 points and 10 rebounds as a senior.

The 6-foot-9 Collison dislocated his left shoulder early this week, and later tests showed similar weakness in his right shoulder.</div>

Its official that he is gone for the season. The only good news about this will be they will fix it now so it shouldnt bother him again. He is such a good kid. It is really sad to see him not be able to play this season.

6. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Dang so much for seeing him play.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

The only one that gets anything out of this is Sam Hoskin. I hope that Collison doesn't become one of those big question marks that people always reffer to as a "could-have-been". I realize that he will be back in action six months after his second surgeory, but some players never fully rehabilitate from injuries. One example of this would be former All-Star Power Forward, Tom Guoggliata, who suffered a knee injury. He was back on the court a season and a half later, but he never regained his All-Star status. We can talk about the injury to Collison all day and about the effects it will have on his career, but more importantly I feel we need to discuss the effects that it will have on the Supersonics. I actually feel that it will have very little effect on the Supersonics. They will be able to start Vladmir Randmonovic at Power Forward like they have done in the past, and Reggie Evens is an above average backup. So in summary, this was a terrible injury for Collison but only a minor one for the Supersonics organization.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

i'm not sold on radman at power forward, he had a couple of standout games last season but once evans came back off the IL he was a first choice starter with radman subbing in at both decisions. still i'd like to see radman given more opportunities to prove me wrong, but i think this injury could hurt us significantly considering collison is our only accomplished low post scorer, a must have in the west

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">i'm not sold on radman at power forward, he had a couple of standout games last season but once evans came back off the IL he was a first choice starter with radman subbing in at both decisions. still i'd like to see radman given more opportunities to prove me wrong, but i think this injury could hurt us significantly considering collison is our only accomplished low post scorer, a must have in the west</div>Nah, you won without Collison before and you can do it again. Just think of it as having no draft pick this season but getting two next season(Collison included). Seattle is not exepcted to do very much anyway.

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">Nah, you won without Collison before and you can do it again. Just think of it as having no draft pick this season but getting two next season(Collison included). Seattle is not exepcted to do very much anyway.</div>

Maybe. Its not really us getting worse from last season, but just that the West has gotten better this offseason and Collison could have been the difference between pushing for the last couple of spots and not being in contention. Time will tell tho