Columbian on preseason, minutes, etc.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Reep, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

Columbian

Hmmm. Maybe we shouldn't write off Blake just yet.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. Piltzer

Piltzer The Intern

Unpaid Office Suport Intern
    I don't think we Can get the rotation down to the number Mcmillan wants unless we make a major trade. Probably Sergio, Raef, and an up and coming for an established guy who fits a need, maybe throw in some picks too.

The real question is who would we send and who would we target. If we want a small forward we are going to have to send out one of ours so that we can use their value while it is warm.

Or we could target a point guard more directly but to do that we would also have to probably give up Bayless and keep Sergio as well as get weaker in the forward spots. I am hesitant to trade one of our small forwards without receiving one in return and I don't want to give up Ike without seeing what he can bring to our table. Frye might make a good trade piece but he fits Portland like a glove.

3. Masbee

Masbee -- Rookie of the Year

How is trading players not expected to get minutes (Sergio, Raef) and only 1 player expeceted to get minutes ("up and coming") for an established player going to do anything other than make the minutes crunch worse?

If the aim is to reduce the anticipated minutes crunch and have a shortened rotation, several rotation players need to be sent out.

4. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

agreed, i think that we should eventually look to trade blake/martell//frye/ike/sergio/raef for one or two really good players.

leaving
    bayless
    rudy
    roy
    outlaw
    batum
    lma
    oden
    pryz

and two more good/great young players through trade. then we add mle role players for the next 10 years.:cheers: