comments for the 2k7 site mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thoth, Mar 23, 2007.

1. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

I wonder how far we can get b/t now and the draft.

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

for the 2nd round should it be 12 hours before we make the pick for the person??

3. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

A little insight of why I picked those two players.

For the Ravens , Blalock is a no brainer who has a chance to start with or without Ogden. He is suited to play both guard and tackle. If Ogden stays, he can take a right guard spot next to Adam Terry who takes right tackle. If Ogden goes (which I hope not), Terry takes left tackle and Blalock will take either right guard or tackle depending on what other players we have.

For the Chargers, the Patriots snatched Meriweather and left me running to draft websites on who to pick. The safety is the most glaring hole in the Chargers but they might let Jue get a chance at the job and they need a speed reciever to take the opposite side of reciever Vincent Jackson who is slated to get a starting role. Rice and Malcom Floyd might have to fight for the job though and he can be their returner on special teams.

4. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

A little insight behind my pick for Indy. They have lost alot of peoplele in the secondary (Macklin, Bethea, etc..) but June signing with Tampa was a major loss.

Imagine Spencer teamed up w/ Freeney & Mathis going after QBs. The Colts could use help @ DT as well but Corey Simon coming back should negate that somewhat.

Further, Spencer played @ Purdue which was in Indiana.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

For the Cards if im not there:
    1. Jon Beason-my top OLB
    2. Tony Ugoh- project LT, but loads of potental
    3. Tank Tyler-can clog up the middle
    4. Ryan Kalil-the 3rd best offensive lineman in the draft
    5. Michael Griffin-with all the good CBs out, Griffin is a good value

6. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>for the 2nd round should it be 12 hours before we make the pick for the person??</div>
    That sounds find with me. With ROTR out we need someone to take on his teams & Seattle also needs a GM.

7. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

When we startin??? I can start when yall want

8. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>When we startin??? I can start when yall want</div>
    thanks so if no1 new wants to step in for ROTR then we might as well start discussing who the Lions pick should be.

Tony Ugoh or Charles Johnson make sense to me.

9. Thoth

My 2 cents; Johnson. Why? They have the DT's for the Tampa cover 2 but no one to get to the opposing QB.

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

For Detriot, I would have to go with Ugoh. He is a boom or bust LT. He has everything you want in a LT, but he is extremly raw.

The other possibility is CB Daymon Hughes from California. He is a cover 2 corner, and would fit perfectly into their system. I dont know if Hughes will be around for the 3rd round and this might be considered a stretch because of his bad combine, but he is the only pure cover 2 corner in the draft.

Detriot's time is up, make the pick

11. Murtyle

Murtyle nfl-*****s member

I'll make it if you don't mind... Being a Lions fan I will at least suggest they get Jon Beason to play MLB... I would have liked to grab a rush end (I would have liked to grab Spencer), but I don't see any that are worth this pick left and we still have no MLB to speak of...

I'll take the Bills and the Seahawks too if you need me to...

12. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Murtyle)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll make it if you don't mind... Being a Lions fan I will at least suggest they get Jon Beason to play MLB... I would have liked to grab a rush end (I would have liked to grab Spencer), but I don't see any that are worth this pick left and we still have no MLB to speak of...</div>
    Sure go ahead & make the pick.

13. Murtyle

Murtyle nfl-*****s member

With the 34th pick the Lions select Jon Beason, Linebacker from the University of Miami...

14. Thoth

There were a few option/players for me at this spot.

I went w/ Hill as I've read he is a very solid if not complete player. Playing for Wazzu, he gets overlooked because of location & being in the same conference as Dwayne Jarrett.

Most of Miami's needs are on the Offensive side. Why WR? Booker is getting older and Chambers is inconsistent.

I still have a few options for pick #60 & am surprised no one has picked Drew Stanton.

15. bakes781

Charles Johnson is still out there. Another option since Minnesota missed out on a top flight WR would be TE, Zach Miller.

16. MKIV_Supra

I'm hoping Drew Stanton is available for the Ravens. If not, Trent Edwards is a decent option because he is making a run towards the #3 QB.

17. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm hoping Drew Stanton is available for the Ravens. If not, Trent Edwards is a decent option because he is making a run towards the #3 QB.</div>
    FWIW; there will be alot of upset phins fans if Quinn, Edwards, or Stanton are not selected by pick 60... I am not one of them. I'd prefer to see Kevin Kolb (Houston), Rowe (NV-Reno), John Beck (BYU), or Zac Taylor (Nebraska) wearing A & O next year.

I don't think Stanton is as good as Smoker who played @ Mich St a few yrs ago and may still be on the Rams Roster. Edwards played at Stanford... need I say more?

18. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>Another option since Minnesota missed out on a top flight WR would be TE, Zach Miller.</div>
    Shhhh! Someone is thinking about TE @ pick #55.

19. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Murtyle)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll take the Bills and the Seahawks too if you need me to...</div>
    If you want to do the Jills, I'll do the Seahawks.

20. MKIV_Supra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>Another option since Minnesota missed out on a top flight WR would be TE, Zach Miller.</div>
    Shhhh! Someone is thinking about TE @ pick #55.</div>
    Wait, didn't they sign Daniel Graham?