Conf. Finals Game 1 (05/15/11), Bulls vs Heat

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by bullsger, May 15, 2011.

1. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

I get the feeling that whole team thinks they're smarter than they are, LJ, Wade, and Spoelstra. You dance with the girl that brought you. You rely on the roles that you've developed over the past 82 games and hope that your bigs will be able to fight their way through. Spoelstra's move was bizarre.

2. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

What Thibs has done here is probably the most remarkable feats of NBA coaching I've ever seen.

In 1 season he's turned the DelNegro based loosey goosey silliness into an elite team of selfless assassins.

And these are NBA players we're talking about here. Many are vets as well. These guys are playing the best defense I've seen in many years.

I can't recall seeing a second string unit like we have be so markedly better on defense than the starters on a NBA team. Its remarkable.

Great game. The Heat looked lethargic and lost out there. They just don't seemingly have the mental toughness and depth of players that the Bulls have.

James was so passive tonight. He just wilted. It was comical to see him trying to work the refs. You have to bring it.

They seemingly have no answer to the Noah/Boozer/Taj/Omer big man attack we can throw at them. The paint was ours in the 2nd half.

I've been carting my arse to the UC for damn near a decade now 40+ times a year. It seems like the payoff has arrived.

The Heat are going to come out more aggressive I reckon in game 2. The Bulls are not likely going to shoot 48% from three either. But if the Bulls can keep this team defense up all 48, hit shots and take care of the ball, they are going to win this series.

3. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

Awesome, Kukoc. Barkley in the postgame called the Bulls the best defensive team he's ever seen in all his time in the NBA. I think that's a little bit of reach but understand the statement. This Bulls team might be the best at guarding this Heat team. The match ups work out so well. Deng, Gibson and Noah all have histories with James that seem to help them. Bogans seems custom made to guard Wade and Brewer is just a good defender against all wing players.

4. FatJerry

FatJerry Member

Well with all this talk about the Bulls defense etc etc .... I will stop flogging the dead horse but I am genuinely pissed off regarding Luol Deng's lack of recognition in the All NBA defensive teams.

I won't continue banging on about it - I've got nothing more to say.

I really got to give Thibs massive ups. He has this team hitting its straps right at the critical moment . They haven't peaked too early , they've had adversity all season long and they've found a way to deal with it and win

But now ....its all coming together , and yes , they do seem to have gone to another gear.

I don't know that its the best that the NAB has ever seen ( according to Chuck ) but its pretty amazing. And its everybody. Deng, Brewer, Taj , Noah and Omer , in particular , is really finding his chops.

I still don't know that we can win it all ...hell maybe we can ..... but with another ball handling guard ........ damn.

5. Good Hope

Good Hope Active Member

Professor

We might have to start calling them the Chicago Seals.

edit: And K4E, you don't know how happy I am for you! Really, though, it's like we all got our wishes to come true. It's jib and skillz, team and stars, the whole shebang!

Last edited: May 16, 2011