Conference Finals 2007: Round 3 (Pistons vs. Cavaliers)

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by NTC, May 18, 2007.

1. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Come on guys, hold it together. Pistons in 7.

2. hollagr8

hollagr8 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well this is are first real test of the playoffs. Our backs are against the wall we've been in this situation before. I'm not nervous, I haven't started talking about Cleveland vs San Antonio matchups. I believe were the toughest team to eliminate. I'm waiting for all the bandwagons to be dissing LeBron after we steal game six. We need Sheed to make a guarantee. Anything that can get this squad fired up. We play best with our backs against the wall is not a overstatement. If LeBron has to score 30 points for them to win by two I will live with that. But it don't matter how you win so go ahead and celebrate the victory Cavs fans, you deserve it.</div>

Guys, don't mean to be pompous here, but I really believe Detroit lost their winning edge since losing to Miami last year and they're going to lose game 6 tonight. Cleveland is not going to let this opportunity get away this time with homecourt advantage. Plus, I believe Cleveland's learned their lesson since last year when they were in the exact same situation.

3. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

We will see about that.

4. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

I really cannot stand the Pistons, they are cocky beyond belief and I hope they lose this game, which is tied heading into halftime.

That being said, they have been an unbelievable team over the past 5 years and I see them coming back again next year to contend (if Billups comes back).

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Flip Saunders needs to be fired ASAP.</div>

Co-sign. He has no control over this team and failed to deliver again in crunch time with the right game management.

6. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

Best Finals since Lakers-Pacers.......

Can't believe that Chauncey had his worst post-season series ever....

What sucks is his free agent stock probably took a SLIGHT fall.

Anyways, get ready for the illest Finals since Lakers-Pacers in 2000

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">phunDamentalz Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Can't believe that Chauncey had his worst post-season series ever....

What sucks is his free agent stock probably took a SLIGHT fall.

Anyways, get ready for the illest Finals since Lakers-Pacers in 2000</div>

I hope so, but that's high expectations for these two teams to match. If Cleveland had someone who could handle Duncan, or a consistent offensive player, then it would be a better matchup. I just don't see Cleveland having enough to compete against this Spurs team.

8. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">phunDamentalz Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Anyways, get ready for the illest Finals since Lakers-Pacers in 2000</div>
    I'd still take the '05 finals over '00. [​IMG]

9. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'd still take the '05 finals over '00. [​IMG]</div>

Cause your a Pistons fan. Anyone else would have a different opinion about that.

10. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Cause your a Pistons fan. Anyone else would have a different opinion about that.</div>

Nah I agree with Madness, all bias aside, that was an extremely close series, it went down to the final 5 or so minutes of game 7 to be decided. It was anybodys series right until the very end.