Congrats Kobe: Youngest Player to 10,000 Points

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by LaBballFan, Mar 5, 2003.

1. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Mel":</div><div class="quote_post">i somewhat agree that it's premature to put kobe on the Top 50...but he's only 24 and he looks damn healthy. call me an optimist, but the future looks very bright for kobe.</div>

He ain't gonna get injured.

He is strong,he is healthy and he is young.
    Grant Hill always had problems with injuries.

T Mac will never be good as Kobe and there is no expert in this world who will say that T Mac is better.
    You guys maybe don't like Kobe beucase of all hype he is getting by all the writers,experts etc.

The fact is that every expert will put Kobe in frount of T Mac.
    when they are talking about Mike they are talking about Kobe beucase Kobe is the closest thing to Mike.
    t Mac isn't,he isn't even close.

T Mac has 3 great seasons,Kobe has 5 great seasons and 3 rings.

Yeah,Kobe has Shaq but T Mac could play with Vince and he didn't

He wanted to be 1st option somewhere else and Kobe stayed with Shaq
    Kobe is hard worker and he will have better carrer.

2. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

yeah, i'm not so sure if tmac would've been able to coexisted with shaq. but you gotta give it to tmac cuz he's done a damn good job at being the #1 option on his team.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I think Kobe replaces David Robinson on that list at this point.

He's done a lot at a young age and is dominant on offense on defense. Most of the players on the list were also dominant on offense and defense, so I feel Kobe definately belongs on there.

I would like to see Kobe win a Gold Medal and more Rings.

People who say Kobe won't be good when Shaq retires have to realize, once that happens the Lakers will have money to reload and bring in another scorer, possibly 2.

Kobe will get better by taking higher percentage shots and not forcing as much. He's still learning the game and improves on different aspects each season. He added bulk and strength to extend his game to include a consistent 3-point shot. And as a result he broke the record. A year ago he worked on his post up game and fadeaway jumper.

Next year he'll have a new weapon in his arsenal.

Kobe is top 50. I also would add Duncan on that list.

Strong considerations for KG & AI. KG has to get out of round 1 first. AI needs to be in a few more finals.

4. pacers#1

pacers#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">Strong considerations for KG & AI. KG has to get out of round 1 first. AI needs to be in a few more finals.</div>

u cant blame kg for not gettin out of the 1st round. his team sux

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

But the top 50 are measured against their success of their peers. If KG wants to be considered dominant in his era, he definately needs to lead his team out of round 1, regardless of how much they suck.

6. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with Shapecity.

Kobe and Duncan should be on that list

7. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

kobe just isnt dominant enough to compare with the guys on that list. even if he could take them one on one he doesnt dominate his competition like they did. you have to look not as much at straight numbers but how much they stand out and kobe though outstanding doesnt stand out as the dominating player in the league today. hes not even the best on his own team

8. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

like i said...your point about him not being the best on his own team holds no weight...

and i showed you exactly why too with examples FROM that list of people who were teammates...

learn how to read thanks

9. BigTMacFan

BigTMacFan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "LaBballFan":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Mel":</div><div class="quote_post">i somewhat agree that it's premature to put kobe on the Top 50...but he's only 24 and he looks damn healthy. call me an optimist, but the future looks very bright for kobe.</div>

He ain't gonna get injured.

He is strong,he is healthy and he is young.
    Grant Hill always had problems with injuries.

T Mac will never be good as Kobe and there is no expert in this world who will say that T Mac is better.
    You guys maybe don't like Kobe beucase of all hype he is getting by all the writers,experts etc.

The fact is that every expert will put Kobe in frount of T Mac.
    when they are talking about Mike they are talking about Kobe beucase Kobe is the closest thing to Mike.
    t Mac isn't,he isn't even close.

T Mac has 3 great seasons,Kobe has 5 great seasons and 3 rings.

Yeah,Kobe has Shaq but T Mac could play with Vince and he didn't

He wanted to be 1st option somewhere else and Kobe stayed with Shaq
    Kobe is hard worker and he will have better carrer.</div>

Just some thoughts on this post.

1. Filled with speculation - "Kobe is hard worker and he will have better carrer" I think that is supposed to say "Kobe is a hard worker and he will have a better career." I'm going to assume it does. And from that - Thank you Ms. Cleo. Could you please let me know how this situation with Iraq is going to turn out while you are at it?

2. Not "every expert" puts Kobe in front of Mcgrady. ESPN ran an article on page 2 three months ago listing why Mcgrady is better. Not only that, but your stuff about Mike is out of line, at least with Mike himself. He specifically named Mcgrady his successor in the interview with Amahd Rashad at the All-Star break. Yes, he's made similar comments about Kobe - just wanted to point out the fact of the matter.

3. "Kobe is the closest thing to Mike t Mac isn't, he isn't even close" Really? Then why are the two always mentioned together? Why is one of the biggest debates in basketball right now "Who is better - Kobe or Mcgrady?" Granted - most "experts" (like Bill Walton :roll: ) go with Kobe, but if Mcgrady wasn't even close would he be constantly compared w/ Kobe?

The thing with Kobe fans like you is you have a venemous hate for any thing resembling competition for your prescious Kobe. It's like Golem in LOTR...

10. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

kobe is better than T-Mac

but T-Mac is very close...i am a HUGE Kobe fan but I really don't think im THAT biased (maybe a lil) in my opinions here because T-Mac is my second favorite player...for the reason that he is so much like Kobe...versatile, athletic, pretty all-around etc. etc. and he is an exciting player to watch as well...

i wouldn't say T-Mac 'isn't close' unless i was really pissed off or something and just ranting and raving at random =P