CONLEY: Value at new low, is he

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SpanishFly, Nov 3, 2008.

1. SpanishFly

SpanishFly Member

worth taking a shot at given that his value continues to sink, or do we have too many "project" PG's already and he is not wanted or needed? Thoughts?

2. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

Might lift GO's spirits, but I don't see a place for him. If you could get him cheap, but who are you going to get rid of? You'd have to move Bayless (no) or Sergio.

3. GrandpaBlaze

GrandpaBlaze Predictions Game Master

Why bring in someone who has done nothing to distinguish themselves - on a mediocre team even. Often borderline players do better on worse teams as they become a focus. However, I don't see that Conley has done anything to warrant us having a desire to pursue him.

I'll pass.

Gramps...

4. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    A change of scenery might help Conley unfortunately it might set us back another 2-3 years while he learns how to run an NBA team. Right now we need a veteran PG that can run this team and play defense. I have been very disappointed in what I've seen out of Blake this year.

5. SpanishFly

SpanishFly Member

Might need a change of pace and place and another chance, I may be wrong on this but I thought KP and the scouts had him rated very high? TO or Frye and one of our PG's (Blake or Serg), just thrown this stuff out there

6. Crimson the Cat

Crimson the Cat Well-Known Member

Man. This is a tough one for me. I'm very high on Conley. He looked good to me this preseason. He hasn't shown zilch in their first 3 games. Kyle Lowry has impressed me though. Love his speed and tenacity. He seems to be getting better and better every game too.

Lowry may fit best with Mayo.

7. SpanishFly

SpanishFly Member

Memphis makes a lot of bad personnel decisions IMO, I think he's worth a shot if mem is maybe, just maybe getting worried about him and perhaps wants to ge "some decent value"?
    Assuming, KP and staff are/were high on him.

8. GrandpaBlaze

GrandpaBlaze Predictions Game Master

You'd trade two proven players (TO or Frye & Blake) or one proven player and one player improved player (TO or Frye & Sergio) for an unproven PG?

Uh, no.

Perhaps we could trade the other two (the two that don't get sent to Memphis for Conley) for Adam Morrison to address our SF needs as well?

Two guys who were fairly highly ranked coming out of college but have done nothing to warrant continued interest.

Gramps...

9. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    No thanks. I wasn't impressed with Conley before he was drafted and he's done nothing to change my opinion.

10. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

We only have a few potential young players to trade . . . maybe one or two trades in all that.

I don't know much about Conley, but I would hate to burn one of the Blazer trading chips on a non-proven PG.

Maybe a one for one, Bayless for Conley straight up, if the Griz need a scorer. Two young unproven high lottery picks being exchanged . . . sounds fair to me, I don't know what the Griz would say about it.

But a Webster or Outalw (with their nice contracts) seem like too much proven commodities to give up for Conley.

11. GODunk

GODunk Member

I wouldn't take him if it means giving up Sergio or Bayless. I also would want Blake to be gone as we have no room for 4 pgs (5 if you still count Petteri)

I am excited about Bayless. Sergio looks like a young Steve Nash to me. You can laugh if you want, but he is getting better about picking his spots to take chances with the ball, but he still directs the offense with a lot of creativity. Personally, the offense doesn't seem as stagnant with Sergio as it does with Blake.

12. Crimson the Cat

Crimson the Cat Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but I can't imagine Conley succeeding more than Bayless next to Brandon. Bayless is going to be such a good fit eventually.

At this point, I've got to pass on bringing Conley in. Just doesn't feel right anymore.

13. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    Conley is a better fit than Travis. Portland was extemely high on Conley Jr. in that draft.

14. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I don't know if we can say that they were actually high on him or not. They were high on Augustine, Alexander, and Westbrook in this draft, supposedly.

Some much spin comes out of the Blazers front office during draft time, I don't think we can put much value in it.