Consensus Mock Draft from nba.com

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, May 28, 2011.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Burks, definitely Burks.

But actually, what do people think about Marcus Morris? Some think he'll be a nice underrated big man to have in our ranks. My worry is we won't use him due to David Lee/Epke Udoh in our PF depth chart. Unless we're getting a potential franchise power forward, I'd rather have us fill out the shooting guard or center positions. Top 3 positions of any franchise are point guard, shooting guard, and center. The wing and power forwards can play off the other 3 positions in most offenses.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Thompson is a year younger and he's shown more basketball skills than Brooks.

Marshon Brooks has improved a lot. He could be better and do better in the NBA, but the problem is drafting him at #11. He's not in the group of players that experts have pooled together and not a green room invite. Neither are great defensive players.

We could trade down and try to get another pick if Brooks is the target, but not likely to get two first rounders for this draft. Maybe a future first rounder.

He looks a bit slow for the next level, but I don't know. He could blossom. I like him better than Singleton because I'm not sure how hard Singleton will work.

3. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I've soured on Jimmer Fredette because his passer metrics are not high. I am not sure why he canceled workouts. He could be more of a good niche player. I hope Sactown grabs him at #7 although there are rumors they will be trading with San Antonio.

4. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Thompson First, if he's not there, take Burks, if neither are there, pick for someone else and trade out

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

The problem with Morris is that hes a real tweener. Hes not a great athlete for any position. 6'7 w/o shoes, 230 lbs., 6'10 wingspan. If you play him at PF hes a total liability on defense. He'd be a big SF and probable struggle getting to the rim off the dribble against SFs. We already need more size so drafting him with visions of him playing PF don't make any sense since hes smaller than Lee and Udoh. If they think hes athletic enough to play SF pretty much full time then I'd be ok with the pick. He can shoot from all over the floor, post up, rebound a little bit, and both the Morris twins are known for their toughness and maturity. Probably will be poor on defense at either position.

I think he'll be an Al Harrington type of player. Fringe starter. No real position. Can score. Not that athletic. Provides a mismatch but is also a liability on defense. That could be a great value at 11 in this draft if he ends up being a decent starting SF or good 6th man. He'd make us bigger for sure and help rebounding as a SF and he could probably contribute immediately.

6. Run BJM

Sac/Cha/Mil just made a big deal, lots of swapping in the picks just ahead of us. Charlotte now has 7th and 9th pick. Kings move down to 10. Bucks moved all the way to 19. Jack, Beno Udrih, Shaun Livingston to Mil. Salmons to Sac. Maggette to Charlotte.

New draft order:

1. Cavs
    2. T'Wolves
    3. Jazz
    4. Cavs
    5. Raps
    6. Wiz
    7. Bobcats
    8. Pistons
    9. Bobcats
    10. Kings
    11. Warriors

My tentative mock for this group:

1. Kyrie
    2. D. Williams
    3. Brandon Knight (I think Jazz wanted to go big here to get Jimmer at 12 but Sac may have their eyes on him which explains their moving down in the draft)
    4. Valancuinas (latest reports are Cavs like him more than Kanter)
    5. Kanter
    6. Vesely
    7. Biyombo (I think Bobs want a big and a small from this draft and fear Detroit wants Biyombo at 8. Detroit very unlikely to take Kemba with Stuckey/Bynum already in the fold)
    8. Kawhi Leonard (Tristan Thompson could be the pick here as he'd be a good fit alongside Monroe but I'll go with Kawhi based on BPA)
    9. Kemba Walker (big time college star, could be a pretty good pro, could be a guy they could build around and could put butts in seats. Probably more of a go-to guy and more of a guy you can build around than Klay or Marcus Morris).
    10. Jimmer (Sac just traded their only real PG for Salmons. They now have Tyreke, Salmons, Casspi, F. Garcia on the wings so Clay is unlikely. Marcus Morris is a possibility if they think hes a PF but seems like a bad fit next to Cousins. Klay, Singleton, Burks, etc. don't really make sense given the need for a PG and the glut of wing players. Jimmer is a good fit next to Tyreke who dominates the ball and can drill 3 pters off of Tyreke/Cousins double teams)

So that leaves 11 with Marcus Morris, Klay, Tristan Thompson, Singleton, Burks. Popular wisdom says it'll be Klay but the Klay-to-GS seems almost too over-reported. Singleton and Thompson have been rising lately and Marcus Morris could be the pick as well. I'll guess it is in fact Klay but who the hell knows.

EDIT: Wojnarowski says Charlotte wants Tristan Thompson with one of those picks. Someone may drop because of that (if Det takes Biyombo then Kemba, Jimmer, or Kawhi may be there at 11).

7. Run BJM

Tristan Thompson to Cleveland at #4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone's gonna fall! lol

Knight and Valancuinas still available. One of them will fall to the Wiz, who invited some officials from the Czech Republic- where Vesely is from. How funny would it be if they didn't take Vesely LOL.

8. Run BJM

Raps take Jonas. The guy the Spurs wanted allegedly. Knight still available at 6 but Washington unlikely to take him here with Wall. They love Vesely and think he could be a weapon with Wall. Knight could fall to 7 which is now owned by the Bobs.

9. Run BJM

Monta + 11 for Iggy + 16 and other players involved rumors are popping up on twitter. Dunno how legit they are though.

10. Run BJM

Biyombo to Charlotte. Knight still on the board and Pistons don't need a PG! However Thompson and Biyombo are both off the board so maybe they just go BPA and/or trade him. Otherwise he'll slip to 9 for Charlotte again.

11. Run BJM

Kemba to Charlotte with 9th pick. Kings picking 10th, people think its Jimmer. Kawhi, Klay, Singleton, both Morris's could still be on the board.

Wojnarowski says Singleton could go 11 go GS.

12. Run BJM

Kings take Fredette. Warriors up. Kawhi on the board which we never anticipated leading up to now. Singleton getting some last minute hype to GS! Klay still there! Morris's, Burks still there! Monteijunas and Vuvecic are darkhorses!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

13. Run BJM

Now Woj says he hears Klay to GS. 2:30 left...

14. Run BJM

Now Spears, Woj both saying its Klay.