Contract between Warriors and Season Ticket Holders

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Wild Child, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Wild Child

Wild Child JBB JustBBall Member

I received my STH renewal package in the mail yesterday. In it was, as they state, the "first official contract between a professional sports team and its fans."

In it, they list the following terms:
    (fyi, the Warriors are "The Club" and the season ticket holders are "The Shareholders")

1. THE CLUB will reach the 2012 NBA Playoffs
    2. THE CLUB will have a player participate in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game in Orlando
    3. THE CLUB will win 25 or more home games at Oracle Arena
    4. THE CLUB will honor a Risk-Free Renewal (this is in case of a lockout)

They say:
    If Term 1 is not attained, ticket prices will not increase for the 2012-2013 season; if Term 2 is not attained, Shareholders will receive an autographed All-Star-related item, and in addition, all eligible Shareholders will be entered into a drawing for an all-expenses paid trip for two to the 2012 NBA All-Star Game; if Term 3 is not attained, the Shareholder will qualify for an exclusive two-hour autograph event with the entire team; Term 4 basically states we won't lose our money in case of lockout. Also, in the event of a lockout, this will all apply to the 2012-2013 season.

It looks like Lacob and Guber are serious about turning this franchise around. Those first three can all be met with more wins. I'm anxious to see what they are going to do to get those wins.

Discuss :readthepaper:

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Here's a blurb about it from MTII:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_17603816?nclick_check=1

Sounds like a good thing to me. Obviously they want the STH money but to me its also a way of holding the players accountable and setting goals for the team. High expectations. And confidence that the team will be better. Do any other teams do stuff like this? This is definitely something Cohan would have avoided like the plague.

3. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Sounds like a good marketing "gimmick."

I doubt T1 will be attained as the Ws have to be way over .500 in order to make the WC playoffs. Currently, Memphis is six games over .500 and in 8th place. Houston is .500 and that's good enough for 11th place just ahead of the Warriors.

The Warriors will have to make a trade or land a big name free agent to make the playoffs without having to give up too much. Can they trade a first round pick? There will be a low chance of getting Nene as Denver wants him back and they have a solid team (but Denver will have to re-sign players, too). Kendrick Perkins is off the market, so the Warriors could end up with Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Zach Randolph or others such as Nenad Krstic, Yao Ming, Chuck Hayes, or Samuel Dalembert.

The Warriors will have to beat out Memphis, Utah, PHX and Houston who are ahead of the Warriors right now for 8th place. Remember, other teams will get better, too. The key will be whether the Warriors will have to give up their #1 pick. If we can draft Jonas Valanciunas, Perry Jones or another talented big, then we probably will want to keep the pick.

The players who can make T2 will probably be Monta Ellis and David Lee. Stephen Curry could have an outside chance since Deron Williams has gone East.

They'll probably achieve T3.

T4. LOL. There are laws against keeping money for goods not delivered.

My T5. If Larry Ellison buys a decent team and brings it to San Jose, then I will seriously consider moving back to Silicon Valley again since Sactown won't have an NBA team anymore (have lived in SF and San Jose previously). Have you seen the prices of homes in San Francisco lately?

4. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    With all due respect to the STH's, but jb is right. This is just a marketing ploy to ease any unrest and get you to renew...NOW!

5. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

all of these seem fairly easy to rectify for the owners, i mean an autograph session for season ticket holders? unheard of! flying one person to the all star game??! insane!

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Didn't the Grizzlies do this guarantee one time and failed at it? I know it's been done before. It does sound like a marketing gimmick, but at least it's better than what the Clippers do. "If you don't want to see the Clippers, come to watch the stars on the other team." They actually had ads Pre-Griffin where they'd show Clippers vs. Boston and show the Big 3 and no Clippers.

7. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I'm surprised you didn't say, "It's Robert Rowell be*tches!"

Fire that b*stard now!!!