OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

got married in Clark County, Nevada.

I do have to wonder how many people got covid to/from/in Vegas and tested outside of Vegas after leaving.

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

He was right that it sounds bonkers.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  3. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

4. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

5. SlyPokerDog

upload_2022-1-5_13-56-3.png

'She was NOT vaccinated. That's the problem': Husband of California Deputy DA and rising GOP star, who was vocal vaccine mandate opponent before she died from COVID aged 46, reveals she hadn't had her shot
    • California deputy district attorney Kelly Ernby died from complications of COVID this week after years of opposing vaccine mandates
    • The 46-year-old was not vaccinated, her husband confirmed on Facebook
    • 'Had she been, this conversation would not be taking place,' he added
    • Last month, she spoke at a rally against COVID vaccine mandates at the Irvine City Hall hosted by the collegiate conservative group Turning Point USA
    • 'There's nothing that matters more than our freedoms right now,' she said
    • She fought against vaccine mandates before the pandemic, opposing a new state law tightening immunization rules for California schoolchildren in 2019
    • The Huntington Beach resident worked as an Orange County deputy district attorney for 10 years specializing on in environmental and consumer law
    • In 2020, she made a run for state Assembly in the 74th District but lost
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-DA-46-died-COVID-says-wasnt-vaccinated.html

6. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

My uncle's friend's neighbor got the vaccine, and a cannonball went right through his chest.

barfo

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  7. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

8. barfo

I don't find that article very persuasive. Of course deaths are a better indicator of deaths. Duh.
    But if you want to predict how many cremations you need to do next month, you don't look at the # of deaths today. You look to see if hospitalizations are rising.

Nor do I buy the idea that hospitalizations and case counts are 'completely delinked'. That's a vast overstatement.
    Take a look at the case count and hospitalization graphs, and you'll actually see a pretty good correlation - even with omicron.

barfo

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

everyone will die from the same thing.....a heart that stops working

HomerLovesKoolAid and Hoopguru like this.
  10. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  11. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

So, we get tested every time we have a common cold symptom even if we have been vaxed and/or have been positive. Thats exactly why we dont track all the various contagious flu's out there. Its getting like a dog chasing its own tail.
    Get your shot/booster and stay out of the hospital and continue to live a great life.

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  12. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Not for very long.

13. barfo

I'm not arguing for testing. I've never been tested myself. I'm saying the testing data we have isn't useless.

barfo

14. HomerLovesKoolAid

Surprisingly, I never been shot at with a cannon so I really don't know but wouldn't you sort of see a ball that big coming at you?

riverman likes this.
  15. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

Also, if you are not obese it is harder for the cannon ball to hit you.

16. SlyPokerDog

Man attacks California vaccine clinic workers after he was asked to wear mask, witnesses say
    One of Parsia Jahanbani’s biggest fears was realized when a man calling health care workers “murderers” attacked him and other staff members outside a mobile vaccine clinic in Tustin, California, last week, he said.

After a security guard asked the man to wear a mask, he became increasingly angry — claiming medical workers were complicit in a COVID-19 hoax and that “he was ‘not a sheep’” — said Jahanbani, the mobile operations manager for Families Together of Orange County, where the clinic was operating in the parking lot Dec. 30.

As Jahanbani, 37, and a medical assistant approached, the man — identified by police as Thomas Apollo, 43 — launched at them, landing a blow on Jahanbani, he said Tuesday. The medical assistant, who declined to be identified, tried to pull the attacker back and took “a few pretty strong punches” to his head, chest and back, Jahanbani said.

The assistant ended up pinned under the attacker as he delivered punch after punch, Jahanbani said. He said it took five people — including another health care worker and two patients — to pry the man off. About 10 to 20 patients were at the clinic, which has seen a recent surge in demand for vaccines and tests as the Omicron variant continues to drive a rapid increase in cases, said Cassie Rossel, a spokesperson for the community health care center.

It took seven police officers roughly 15 minutes to restrain Apollo, who was “irate and shouting profanities,” Jahanbani said.

Rossel said that the man was shocked with stun guns about three times and that the police were left with scratches on their arms from the encounter. Operations at the mobile clinic shut down for the day.

The medical assistant was taken to the emergency room and returned to work Tuesday looking like “a boxer after a fight,” said Alexander Rossel, chief executive of Families Together.

Lt. Matt Nunley, a spokesperson for the Tustin Police Department, said Apollo was arrested on suspicion of battery and resisting arrest and booked into the Orange County Jail. Apollo, of Poway, was released the following day, inmate records show. Nunley declined to discuss details of the arrest or confirm eyewitness accounts.

It’s not the first time health care workers at Families Together have experienced blowback since the pandemic began nearly two years ago. Throughout the vaccine rollout, there have been picketers, people yelling from passing cars and many mistrustful and misinformed patients, Jahanbani said. The community health center, which operates another location in Garden Grove, has administered about 50,000 COVID-19 vaccines.

“This one went above and beyond,” Jahanbani said of the recent incident. “It was one of my biggest fears coming true.”

Police were called about three to four months ago when someone in a car began following one of the health care center’s vans and yelling at patients who were being transported inside, said Alexander Rossel, who is Cassie’s father. When children became eligible for vaccines, some people came to the clinic to film “the poor kids” receiving shots, he said.

Rossel said there’s been a “roller coaster” of reactions to health care workers from the public during the pandemic.

“First, we’re heroes. And then somehow we’re not heroes anymore,” Rossel said. “Now we’re the enemies.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavi...-he-was-asked-to-wear-mask-witnesses-say.html

17. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

18. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    According to this guy, the velocity of a cannonball leaving the muzzle is between 100 and 250 meters per second. I doubt this unfortunate dude saw it coming or, if he did, had enough time for his brain to even form, “oh, sh…”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2011/12/cannon-balls-size-matters/amp

19. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

20. HomerLovesKoolAid

Damn. I think I'm gonna get a concealed cannon carry permit .

BLAZINGGIANTS and SlyPokerDog like this.