OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I believe you are incorrect sir.

2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    But I will bounce it off more medical professionals.

3. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I read the Time article which of course is not a peer reviewed study. And which is not about vaccines or boosters. It's about an auto immune response.

If boosters increased stroke risk then we would see excess strokes in boosted people. I have seen no such statistics.

Phatguysrule, Lanny and RR7 like this.
  4. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Some can read. I happen to be one of them.

Lanny and RR7 like this.
  5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Do you agree that boosters increase the antibodies in your bloodstream?

Do you agree that elevated antibodies in your bloodstream increase the probability of a stroke?

6. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

So surely we'd be able to see a study showing the wide increase in blood clots and strokes after getting boosted?

Phatguysrule likes this.
  7. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I probably would agree if you could show me a peer reviewed study that verified it...

8. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

No
    An auto immune disorder is not at all the same as vaccine.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  9. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    So you don’t believe vaccines increase the antibodies in your bloodstream. Okay.

10. Phatguysrule

Why would anybody rely on belief here? Simply post the evidence...

11. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I actually have studied antigen/antibody system in detail. Behind schedule but will post more later. Just for now, every time you catch a cold or cut a finger it triggers an antibody response. Cutting a finger doesn't give you a stroke. At least I hope not, the knife slipped chopping carrots yesterday and I am awkwardly typing with bandaged fingers.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  12. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

1. Antibodies are very specific. That is why a smallpox vaccine does not protect against measles, for example, and why you need a flu shot every year.
    2. We live in a very nasty world full of microbes and other unpleasant things that can harm us. A healthy immune system is constantly producing antibodies to whatever antigen* it encounters. Our immune systems are capable of making literally millions of highly specific antibodies. When they are no longer needed they are largely broken down and eliminated.
    3. Because of this, a question like does a vaccine increase the amount of antibodies in our blood is nonsensical. Our overall antibody population is in constant flux depending on what we encounter, vaccines, age, state of health and other factors.
    4. Sometimes, for reasons not fully understood, things go awry and the immune system attacks the person. This is basis for allergies, conditions like Gulf War Syndrome, some forms of asthma, autoimmune diseases like lupus. The Time article describes a similar situation in some people who have had Covid-19. They are left with an autoimmune condition. Autoimmune means it comes from our bodies, not an outside agent like a vaccine.
    5. The condition described in the Time article has no apparent connection to the Covid vaccine and certainly not the boosters which, as has been pointed out, were not around when the article was written.
    6. Antibodies do not cause blood to thicken. Our blood is very finely regulated (in a healthy person). It can thicken due to extreme dehydration, abnormally high levels of iron, and other conditions. Not antibodies.
    7. There is no evidence that Covid vaccines cause strokes. Strokes are commonest in older people, and older people are the ones most likely to be vaccinated and boosted. So if there was a connection between Covid vaccine/booster and strokes we would have pretty clear correlation showing. Evidence is just not there.
    9. The classic vaccine pushes the immune system to make antibodies to the virus, bacteria, or whatever. But some vaccines, rather than resulting in antibodies, work by preventing virus from attaching to and entering cells. Viruses, by definition, can only reproduce and cause infection inside cells.
    9. I have no idea what was said in a private conversation between a person on the board and their doctor. Some MDs have gone rogue during Covid (see America's Frontline Doctors, for example). Sometimes a person misinterprets what is said. I have no idea in this case because I have no firsthand knowledge of what was said by whom.
    10. Get. The. Damn. Vaccine.

*Antigen is defined as anything that provokes an antibody response. I know that sounds a bit circular but that is the definition.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Since I've been vaccinated and boosted my doctor has actually been amazed at how my heart has recovered...it's shrunken back to normal after being enlarged, my afib has calmed way down and my numbers are the best I've had in ages......I feel so much better and so much less prone to heart failure or stroke.....some of it is diet and lifestyle but I've had no adverse reactions to the vaccine and I have a bum ticker....my 2 cents. I've also not had so much as a cold or sniffle since so I'm in the camp that getting vaxxed may have helped boost my immune system, not compromised it.

14. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Because there's no money in that evidence. Quite the opposite...

15. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

So you are saying there would be evidence to post, but lack of cash has prevented that evidence from existing?
    That's a faith-based argument, you can assert that about literally anything, including that @SlyPokerDog is entirely composed of cheese.
    It's only lack of money that keeps me from providing the proof about his cheesiness.
    Donate now!

barfo

16. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Fact Check-There is no evidence that mRNA vaccines are linked to blood clots

A video has flooded Facebook claiming that 62% of people given an mRNA vaccine for COVID-19 have developed blood clots. However, experts told Reuters there is no evidence of this.

The clip was posted on July 7 and has been viewed 142,000 times (here , here). It shows a Canadian going by the name of "Dr Charles Hoffe" who says that blood clots caused by mRNA vaccines like Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna are microscopic and can only be detected through a D-dimer blood test.

Public health experts at the Meedan Health Desk (here) explain that D-dimer is a blood protein released when a blood clot begins to dissolve or break down. When the D-dimer level is high, it can be because of a clot, but there are many other possible causes including pregnancy, cigarette smoking, inflammation, and advanced age (here).

In his video, Hoffe claims to have carried out D-dimer tests on people who received mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in the previous seven days. “I’m still trying to accumulate more information but, on the ones I have so far, 62% of them have evidence of clotting, which means that these blood clots are not rare,” Hoffe said. He added that the clots would lead to permanent cell damage in the heart and lungs.

Scientists have found a possible link between AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines and blood clots, but the risk for most people is low.

Reuters asked if Hoffe had any printed evidence to support his claims, but he said the results were preliminary and currently unpublished.

“I have realised that I need to publish it, even though the numbers of subjects that I was planning to have in my study are far smaller than my original intention,” Hoffe wrote in an email.

He said his research has been prevented by a fire that destroyed his medical practice. Hoffe is from the western Canadian town of Lytton (here , here , here) which suffered forest fires in July this year (here , here).

Media reports say that Hoffe has previously made false claims about the COVID-19 vaccine (here , here).

Tom Wingfield, a senior clinical lecturer at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (here), told Reuters that he disagrees with Hoffe’s conclusions.

“If the D-dimer test is raised, this does not mean that that person has had a blood clot but, rather, further investigations such as a scan of the chest or leg may be required, depending on their symptoms,” he explained in an email.

Wingfield said a raised D-dimer can be caused by many factors and that the test is not done routinely after vaccination. Experts also told the AFP news agency that elevated D-dimer levels are not proof of blood clots (here).

Current research has not shown a link between mRNA COVID-19 vaccines and blood clots (here).

Wingfield said that blood clots with low platelets, including blood clots in the brain, occur at an estimated rate of 5 to 16 cases per million people annually. Reports by Britain’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) suggest that after the first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, the incidence rate stood at 14.9 events per million, and 1.8 per million after the second. (here , or here).

Wingfield concluded: “I strongly encourage those eligible to come forward to get this life-saving vaccine and advocate for more equitable roll-out of Covid-19 vaccines to people and communities around the world.”

VERDICT
    False. Experts told Reuters that there is no evidence for mRNA vaccines being linked to blood clots and that methods used by Dr Charles Hoffe are unreliable.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...cines-are-linked-to-blood-clots-idUSL1N2PY1K2

RR7, Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  17. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Phatguysrule likes this.
  18. Phatguysrule

19. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I’ll bring it up with the doctor I see. Dr. Wilkins was subbing as my normal doc was out sick with Covid oddly enough. Dr. Wilkins presented a very strong case though.

20. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world