Could Brady Quinn experience a Draft Free Fall??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by panthersare#1, Jan 31, 2007.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

The last two years the #2 QB has experience a free fall in the draft, Leinart went 10th, and Rodgers who was considered to go #1 fell to the Packers around the 24 pick range.

Heres what might happen if Jamarcus goes 1st to the Raiders.

2. Detriot- If you look at Mike Martz QBs over the years they have been late round/Undrafted QBs like Kurt Warner, and Marc Bulger. They have more pressing needs at LT, and Kitna did good considering he was getting pounded, so they take Joe Thomas.

3. Cleveland- The Front Office still has faith in Charlie Frye, and what does GMs do to help their young QB? They get playmakers to help him out, so they will try to pick Calvin Johnson.

4. Tampa Bay- Tampa signed Chris Simms to a two year extension, and had a very huge off year, I think they need to beef up that defense by getting a DE or DT, but if they win the coin flip with the Browns they will probly take Calvin, which being a Panther fan, I dont want to happen.

5. Arizona Cardinals- drafted Matt Leinart

6. Washington Redskins- Jason Campbell is young and their starting QB.

7. Minnesota Vikings- Drafted Travaris Jackson in the 2nd round, and Jackson looks like he is improving. Might look to trade back and pick up a WR.

8. Houston Texans- They have way too much money invested in Carr to take on another massive contract, badly in need of a Safety.

9. Miami Dolphins- Unless they decide to deal Culpepper or Harrington, I think they have more needs at corner, and that defense is getting older and older, and some players need to be groomed for next year when they might have a heavy dose of retirements. Culpepper will make 5.5 million next year and 6 mill after that.

10. Atlanta Falcons- Defintly cannot take Quinn, cant cut Vick, and have the best backup in the game in Schaub.

11. San Francisco 49ers- Have a promising Alex Smith

12. Buffalo Bills- JP Losman is actually starting to look like a good starting QB.

13. St Louis Rams- Marc Bulger is a very good QB, and they really need some run stoppers

14. Carolina Panthers- I think the Panthers will heavily consider Brady Quinn because
    1. They interviewed Quinn at the Senior Bowl
    2. Jake Delhomme is getting older and older, and panthers need to groom his heir
    3. The new offensive coordinator was with Charlie Weis in New England, and Charlie Weis groomed Quinn like Brady.
    4. Quinn is just to good to pass up, when you need to draft a QB somewhere in the draft.

Looking at the other teams after the panthers, everyone has either a good situation, or a young QB who is progressing.

So tell me what you think

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>The last two years the #2 QB has experience a free fall in the draft, Leinart went 10th, and Rodgers who was considered to go #1 fell to the Packers around the 24 pick range.

Heres what might happen if Jamarcus goes 1st to the Raiders.

2. Detriot- If you look at Mike Martz QBs over the years they have been late round/Undrafted QBs like Kurt Warner, and Marc Bulger. They have more pressing needs at LT, and Kitna did good considering he was getting pounded, so they take Joe Thomas.

3. Cleveland- The Front Office still has faith in Charlie Frye, and what does GMs do to help their young QB? They get playmakers to help him out, so they will try to pick Calvin Johnson.

4. Tampa Bay- Tampa signed Chris Simms to a two year extension, and had a very huge off year, I think they need to beef up that defense by getting a DE or DT, but if they win the coin flip with the Browns they will probly take Calvin, which being a Panther fan, I dont want to happen.

5. Arizona Cardinals- drafted Matt Leinart

6. Washington Redskins- Jason Campbell is young and their starting QB.

7. Minnesota Vikings- Drafted Travaris Jackson in the 2nd round, and Jackson looks like he is improving. Might look to trade back and pick up a WR.

8. Houston Texans- They have way too much money invested in Carr to take on another massive contract, badly in need of a Safety.

9. Miami Dolphins- Unless they decide to deal Culpepper or Harrington, I think they have more needs at corner, and that defense is getting older and older, and some players need to be groomed for next year when they might have a heavy dose of retirements. Culpepper will make 5.5 million next year and 6 mill after that.

10. Atlanta Falcons- Defintly cannot take Quinn, cant cut Vick, and have the best backup in the game in Schaub.

11. San Francisco 49ers- Have a promising Alex Smith

12. Buffalo Bills- JP Losman is actually starting to look like a good starting QB.

13. St Louis Rams- Marc Bulger is a very good QB, and they really need some run stoppers

14. Carolina Panthers- I think the Panthers will heavily consider Brady Quinn because
    2. Jake Delhomme is getting older and older, and panthers need to groom his heir
    3. The new offensive coordinator was with Charlie Weis in New England, and Charlie Weis groomed Quinn like Brady.
    4. Quinn is just to good to pass up, when you need to draft a QB somewhere in the draft.

Looking at the other teams after the panthers, everyone has either a good situation, or a young QB who is progressing.

So tell me what you think</div>
    No way that happens. He goes top 5

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I'm not buying the rumors that the Lions will pass on him.

1. Martz's system is a great fit for Quinn. Quinn would be a great fit there.

2. Jon Kitna had a bad year and he is 35.

3. Matt Millen isn't going to save his job by drafting a LT (even if it is Joe Thomas) He needs to find a QB and hope to god he does for the Lions what Favre did for the Packers. Quinn potentially could do that. I'm not saying he will. I think the Lions won't sniff success with Millen but a young up and coming QB could bring a spark to that franchise.

4. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

yea i dont buy Detriot passing on Quinn either even though they have Kitna and McCown. Chances are the Lions will take Calvin Johnson they have a big need at WR :stupid:. But IF Detriot does pass on Quinn which i doubt i can definately see him going to the Panthers or dropping like Lienart did last year

5. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

I think that Smith will drop, not Quinn.

6. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i dont buy Detriot passing on Quinn either even though they have Kitna and McCown. Chances are the Lions will take Calvin Johnson they have a big need at WR :stupid:. But IF Detriot does pass on Quinn which i doubt i can definately see him going to the Panthers or dropping like Lienart did last year</div>
    So it's settled. Millen will draft another WR in the first round.

7. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

Cleveland doesn't need Calvin johnson.. they have enough on the offensive side.. except maybe the line.. if cleveland does take offense it won't be WR

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cleveland doesn't need Calvin johnson.. they have enough on the offensive side.. except maybe the line.. if cleveland does take offense it won't be WR</div>
    If Joe Thomas is gone, how is Cleveland going to pass on Calvin??

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Miami's needs IMO are; a Left tackle, a shutdown, CB, & a Pass rushing OLB.

It would not surprise me if Cleveland takes Quinn. I doubt he gets past the Panthers who I read were really high on Brohm before he decided to return to school.

I recall reading that Martz really liked Orlovsky though it would not surprise me to see them take A . Peterson w/ KJ's injury.

I read somewhere that Troy Smith has been pegged as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

10. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cleveland doesn't need Calvin johnson.. they have enough on the offensive side.. except maybe the line.. if cleveland does take offense it won't be WR</div>
    If Joe Thomas is gone, how is Cleveland going to pass on Calvin??</div>
    They already Have Edwards who is a Good WR could be Great If someone could throw the ball.. they have Winslow aswell.. Cleveland doesn't need to fall into the pattern that Detroit Did.. Another WR doesn't mean Jack shit if Noone can get the ball to him

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Detriot had the chance to take Heisman winner Matt Leinart with the 9th overall pick last year, so that front office believes Jon Kitna, McCown, and Orlosky can led their team to the future. I think Orlosky can eventually take over in a year or two, and I think they need to protect him first by drafting Joe Thomas.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Detriot had the chance to take Heisman winner Matt Leinart with the 9th overall pick last year, so that front office believes Jon Kitna, McCown, and Orlosky can led their team to the future. I think Orlosky can eventually take over in a year or two, and I think they need to protect him first by drafting Joe Thomas.</div>
    Look where that got them. 3-13.... Kitna is 35. How long is his future? 1 more season.

13. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Whatever. The Raiders will take Russell and the Lions will take Quinn. You can always lure good linemen through free agency. Quinn is someone that the lions need to *draft* at #2. It would be very shocking to see Quinn not off the board by pick #2 due to his pro-level grooming and performance over last season. The Lions will be thankful to get him.

14. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>The last two years the #2 QB has experience a free fall in the draft, Leinart went 10th, and Rodgers who was considered to go #1 fell to the Packers around the 24 pick range.

So tell me what you think</div>
    Who dropped and who didn't drop in the "projected" mock drafts of last season has very little to due with how the next draft will transpire. What matters more is which team needs have already been addressed during last year's draft. For example, the Cardinals are not going to take a 1st round QB since they drafted one last year. Leinart falling to 10th is the exception, not the norm.

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Well Panther Scouts think Quinn is going to drop because they brought him in for an interview at the Senior Bowl.

Jon Kitna had the 4th most passing yards in the NFL last year, more yards than Favre, Palmer, Brady, Rivers, Eli Manning, Pennington.

Kitna also had a higher completion % than Palmer, Brady, Favre, Rivers, and McNabb.

He did all that while getting sacked 63 times!!!!!!!!!! That is 14 more times than Bulger who was the #2 most sacked QB. Look at David Carr, a 1st overall pick who can attribute a good amount of passing problems to getting sacked so much.

Quinn will most likley be a bust if he gets pounded just like Kitna did last years, and if he gets sacked 63 times he wont put up half the passing numbers. Detriot needs to prepare for Brian Brohm next year or another QB, by drafting Joe Thomas.

By drafting Joe Thomas next year, Detroit has the best chance at winning some more games. Marnelli doesnt have the time to have a QB struggle for 2 years, and not having a o-line in front of him will push back his ability to become a good nfl passer to 3-4 years.

16. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Kitna is good, The Lions dont need a QB. After watching the two Packers Lions games and the last Lions Bears game I had respect for the man. He has an arm and is good for the Lions.

17. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

He's 35 though and not an ageless wonder like ELway, or Favre, with less mobillity to boot.

18. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>He's 35 though and not an ageless wonder like ELway, or Favre, with less mobillity to boot.</div>
    But 4 of his 10 seasons he started less than 5 games, so he doesnt have as many miles as you would think of a 10 year starting nfl QB.

Kitna also said he is having the most fun of his life playing in Detriot, and he will love it even more when Joe Thomas is protecting his blind side.

Plus, Dan Orlovsky is the future QB of the Lions in 2 years, he has good size at 6-5 225, In his junior year of college he tossed 33 TDs which ranked 5th all time in Division one.

Lastly, they have Josh McCown who is 27 years old. He is a good QB that can start in the NFL, but just was surronded by a horrible cardinals team when he played. If they cut him he would cost 2-3 million against the cap.

19. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well Panther Scouts think Quinn is going to drop because they brought him in for an interview at the Senior Bowl.</div>
    and?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jon Kitna had the 4th most passing yards in the NFL last year, more yards than Favre, Palmer, Brady, Rivers, Eli Manning, Pennington.

Kitna also had a higher completion % than Palmer, Brady, Favre, Rivers, and McNabb.

He did all that while getting sacked 63 times!!!!!!!!!! That is 14 more times than Bulger who was the #2 most sacked QB. Look at David Carr, a 1st overall pick who can attribute a good amount of passing problems to getting sacked so much.</div>
    That is no big deal. He is 4 years older than he was when Marvin Lewis pulled the plug on him. in '03, Kitna had his best year to date, throwing for more touchdowns, and getting a higher quarterback rating than he had last season with the lions. All of this was done while Palmer rode the bench his first season. Despite having a career year for the Bengals, Kitna is demoted the next season so Palmer can play. I think that Detroit should follow the model that Cincinnati has set forth (using the exact same player, who I will remind everyone is 35 years old now). I'm not going to talk about Joe Thomas because they can find a lineman in free agency or trade.

The answer is Brady Quinn.

20. The Return of the Raider

[quote name='panthersare#1'][quote name='FLORIDA PACKER']He's 35 though and not an ageless wonder like ELway, or Favre, with less mobillity to boot.[/quote]
    But 4 of his 10 seasons he started less than 5 games, so he doesnt have as many miles as you would think of a 10 year starting nfl QB.[/quote]
    In his best season with Cincinnati, he started 16 games. They then gave the reins to Palmer the very next year. That can work for Detroit as well.

[quote name='panthersare#1']Kitna also said he is having the most fun of his life playing in Detriot, and he will love it even more when Joe Thomas is protecting his blind side.[/quote]
    Irrelevant. Millen and the Fords won't take his fun into consideration. There's that name again, Joe Thomas. over and over

[quote name='panthersare#1']Plus, Dan Orlovsky is the future QB of the Lions in 2 years, he has good size at 6-5 225, In his junior year of college he tossed 33 TDs which ranked 5th all time in Division one.

Lastly, they have Josh McCown who is 27 years old. He is a good QB that can start in the NFL, but just was surronded by a horrible cardinals team when he played. If they cut him he would cost 2-3 million against the cap.[/quote]
    Yawn. Neither of these guys are anything special, and both are career bench warmers. "...the Detroit Lions and Philadelphia Eagles have already contacted Quinn doing a background search on the star quarterback of the Irish." It sounds like Detroit is at least moderately interested in Quinn at #2.