Could Brady Quinn experience a Draft Free Fall??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by panthersare#1, Jan 31, 2007.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well Panther Scouts think Quinn is going to drop because they brought him in for an interview at the Senior Bowl.</div>
    and?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jon Kitna had the 4th most passing yards in the NFL last year, more yards than Favre, Palmer, Brady, Rivers, Eli Manning, Pennington.

Kitna also had a higher completion % than Palmer, Brady, Favre, Rivers, and McNabb.

He did all that while getting sacked 63 times!!!!!!!!!! That is 14 more times than Bulger who was the #2 most sacked QB. Look at David Carr, a 1st overall pick who can attribute a good amount of passing problems to getting sacked so much.</div>
    That is no big deal. He is 4 years older than he was when Marvin Lewis pulled the plug on him. in '03, Kitna had his best year to date, throwing for more touchdowns, and getting a higher quarterback rating than he had last season with the lions. All of this was done while Palmer rode the bench his first season. Despite having a career year for the Bengals, Kitna is demoted the next season so Palmer can play. I think that Detroit should follow the model that Cincinnati has set forth (using the exact same player, who I will remind everyone is 35 years old now). I'm not going to talk about Joe Thomas because they can find a lineman in free agency or trade.

The answer is Brady Quinn.</div>
    But the Bengals didnt have the QB Depth that the Lions have right now. There is no need to draft a QB when you have a great veteran QB, a 28 year old QB that can start in the NFL, and a 2nd year player with tremendous upside.

Denver doesnt draft 1st round RBs(Terrell Davis, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson, Portis), and Mike Martz doesnt draft first day QBs, (Warner, Bulger, Fitzpatrick). Martz has a tendency to pick RBs and Offensive lineman in the draft, and Detriot already has Kevin Jones, and Brian Calhoun, so the offensive line is next.

2. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

[quote name='panthersare#1'][quote name='The Return of the Raider'][quote name='panthersare#1']Well Panther Scouts think Quinn is going to drop because they brought him in for an interview at the Senior Bowl.[/quote]
    and?

[quote name='panthersare#1']Jon Kitna had the 4th most passing yards in the NFL last year, more yards than Favre, Palmer, Brady, Rivers, Eli Manning, Pennington.

Kitna also had a higher completion % than Palmer, Brady, Favre, Rivers, and McNabb.

He did all that while getting sacked 63 times!!!!!!!!!! That is 14 more times than Bulger who was the #2 most sacked QB. Look at David Carr, a 1st overall pick who can attribute a good amount of passing problems to getting sacked so much.[/quote]
    That is no big deal. He is 4 years older than he was when Marvin Lewis pulled the plug on him. in '03, Kitna had his best year to date, throwing for more touchdowns, and getting a higher quarterback rating than he had last season with the lions. All of this was done while Palmer rode the bench his first season. Despite having a career year for the Bengals, Kitna is demoted the next season so Palmer can play. I think that Detroit should follow the model that Cincinnati has set forth (using the exact same player, who I will remind everyone is 35 years old now). I'm not going to talk about Joe Thomas because they can find a lineman in free agency or trade.

The answer is Brady Quinn.[/quote]
    But the Bengals didnt have the QB Depth that the Lions have right now. There is no need to draft a QB when you have a great veteran QB, a 28 year old QB that can start in the NFL, and a 2nd year player with tremendous upside.

Denver doesnt draft 1st round RBs(Terrell Davis, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson, Portis), and Mike Martz doesnt draft first day QBs, (Warner, Bulger, Fitzpatrick). Martz has a tendency to pick RBs and Offensive lineman in the draft, and Detriot already has Kevin Jones, and Brian Calhoun, so the offensive line is next.[/quote]
    You are comparing the lions career backups sitting on their bench. Those guys on that bench are sitting there for a reason, and they aren't ever likely to get a shot unless there is an injury.

Martz doesn't draft for Detroit. Millen does.

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

[quote name='The Return of the Raider'][quote name='panthersare#1'][quote name='The Return of the Raider'][quote name='panthersare#1']Well Panther Scouts think Quinn is going to drop because they brought him in for an interview at the Senior Bowl.[/quote]
    and?

Denver doesnt draft 1st round RBs(Terrell Davis, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson, Portis), and Mike Martz doesnt draft first day QBs, (Warner, Bulger, Fitzpatrick). Martz has a tendency to pick RBs and Offensive lineman in the draft, and Detriot already has Kevin Jones, and Brian Calhoun, so the offensive line is next.[/quote]
    You are comparing the lions career backups sitting on their bench. Those guys on that bench are sitting there for a reason, and they aren't ever likely to get a shot unless there is an injury.

Martz doesn't draft for Detroit. Millen does.[/quote]
    But Millen drafts players specific for Martz system, Millen is looking for players that excell in pass blocking, and WRs that can stretch the field like Holt, Bruce, and Curtis.

Dan Orlosky is the future QB of that franchise, and both Orlosky and Quinn will have a horrible fate if that offensive line doesnt get fixed, so Joe Thomas will be the selection by Matt Millen.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

35 is still 35 especially going through 10 to 12 years of training camps.

That makes no sense. Sure he's having fun but what does that have to do with the Lions making a change. Kitna could do for Quinn what he did for Palmer if anything.

He also has questionable mechanics. An average arm and okay accuracy. There is a reason why he wasn't a high pick. He was picked to be Joey Harrington's career backup.

He's good? Look at his stat card. Farther more he saw more time at WR than he did QB this year. If he was the future they would of gave him a look.

Kitna also threw the ball nearly 600 times this year which is ridiculous amount. He also threw 22 INT's I believe was among the top 5 in the NFL.

Quinn also isn't like Leinart in terms of a prospect. Better Arm coming out. More mobile. Better intangibles. He's a better prospect. There is no way around it. Only way Carolina gets Quinn is if they trade up. Even if the Lions do pass on him, the Browns are sitting there at #3 and Quinn I believe is from Ohio. That would be a good match. Charlie Fyre has done little to nothing to prove he should be a starting QB in the NFL. The Browns have even said they'll have an open QB competition between Fyre and Derrick Anderson. Very good chance they'll add another to the mix.

5. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Detriot had the chance to take Heisman winner Matt Leinart with the 9th overall pick last year, so that front office believes Jon Kitna, McCown, and Orlosky can led their team to the future. I think Orlosky can eventually take over in a year or two, and I think they need to protect him first by drafting Joe Thomas.</div>
    No, those guys and Joey Harrington are the past, Quinn is the future of the Detroit Lions.

6. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well Panther Scouts think Quinn is going to drop because they brought him in for an interview at the Senior Bowl.

Jon Kitna had the 4th most passing yards in the NFL last year, more yards than Favre, Palmer, Brady, Rivers, Eli Manning, Pennington.

Kitna also had a higher completion % than Palmer, Brady, Favre, Rivers, and McNabb.</div>
    Ummm yea but ya have to start throwing the ball when your Down all the time.. 3-13??? come on that means your losing your just slinging the ball.. run game is nowhere when your constantly playing catch up

7. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

[quote name='panthersare#1'][quote name='The Return of the Raider'][quote name='panthersare#1']Well Panther Scouts think Quinn is going to drop because they brought him in for an interview at the Senior Bowl.[/quote]
    and?

[quote name='panthersare#1']Jon Kitna had the 4th most passing yards in the NFL last year, more yards than Favre, Palmer, Brady, Rivers, Eli Manning, Pennington.

He did all that while getting sacked 63 times!!!!!!!!!! That is 14 more times than Bulger who was the #2 most sacked QB. Look at David Carr, a 1st overall pick who can attribute a good amount of passing problems to getting sacked so much.[/quote]

You have to Remember Its millen we are taking about.. What martz Wants doesn't mean he will Get

8. The Return of the Raider

Its nice to dream about getting a top 10 QB to fall to you at whatever number, but reality is less kind.

9. TP-33

TP-33 nfl-*****s member

No way does he fall out the top 5....

First of all, he is still the best QB in the draft...Maybe Russel is a better NFL player but the best QB in the draft is still Brady Quinn..So, it is still very likely he will go 1st to the Raiders and if he doesn't then Quinn will undoubtedy go to the Lions or Browns....No doubt so don't sweat it.

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>Its nice to dream about getting a top 10 QB to fall to you at whatever number, but reality is less kind.</div>
    Well the packers got their wish 2 years ago, way later in the draft then the panthers are drafting with Rodgers

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>Its nice to dream about getting a top 10 QB to fall to you at whatever number, but reality is less kind.</div>
    Well the packers got their wish 2 years ago, way later in the draft then the panthers are drafting with Rodgers</div>
    Rodgers has had 2 poor training camps. I'm not sure that's what the Packers wanted.

Rodgers was also no where near the prospect that Quinn is. In fact I had Rodgers falling in the Draft as well. I had him falling beyond the Packers, going to the Washington Redskins. Rodgers was not that great of a propsect and bost teams new that. Brady Quinn on the other hand is a great prospect.

The Draft is a guessing game. So sure it could happen. Quinn could fall to the 3rd round. You never know. However the chances are probably less than 1%. Quinn falling to Carolina is probably less than 10%.

12. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Detriot had the chance to take Heisman winner Matt Leinart with the 9th overall pick last year, so that front office believes Jon Kitna, McCown, and Orlosky can led their team to the future. I think Orlosky can eventually take over in a year or two, and I think they need to protect him first by drafting Joe Thomas.

Kitna also said he is having the most fun of his life playing in Detriot, and he will love it even more when Joe Thomas is protecting his blind side.

Plus, Dan Orlovsky is the future QB of the Lions in 2 years, he has good size at 6-5 225, In his junior year of college he tossed 33 TDs which ranked 5th all time in Division one.

Lastly, they have Josh McCown who is 27 years old. He is a good QB that can start in the NFL, but just was surronded by a horrible cardinals team when he played. If they cut him he would cost 2-3 million against the cap.</div>
    panthersare#1 is <u>right on the money</u>. The Lions will never again draft a QB in the first round and certainly not with the #2 pick! I expect they'll attempt to make teams think they might and try to trade down. If nobody bites it's Joe Thomas with the #2 pick. If the do trade down and get two later first round picks, I'd say a O-lineman and a RB are on their wish list.

13. The Return of the Raider

Zack, you up for a bet?

If the Lions take Thomas at #2, I will wear a Lions avatar until September. If the Lions take Quinn at #2, you must use my Raiders avatar until September. If neither player is selected at #2, then nothing changes. Sound fun?

14. The Return of the Raider

If no reply by tomorrow at this time, all bets are off. Anyone else want a shot at this? How about you, Panthersarefarfrom#1?

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>If no reply by tomorrow at this time, all bets are off. Anyone else want a shot at this? How about you, Panthersarefarfrom#1?</div>
    Yea Im up for that, If Brady Quinn gets picked by detriot I will wear whatever u want

16. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Mel Kiper in his mock draft has Russell going first, Joe Thomas to Detriot, and Brady Quinn falling to #9 and getting drafted by Miami

17. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>If no reply by tomorrow at this time, all bets are off. Anyone else want a shot at this? How about you, Panthersarefarfrom#1?</div>
    Yea Im up for that, If Brady Quinn gets picked by detriot I will wear whatever u want</div>
    Then it's a bet. If Thomas goes #2, I will replace my avatar with the standard Panthers logo till Sept.

18. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>Zack, you up for a bet?

If the Lions take Thomas at #2, I will wear a Lions avatar until September. If the Lions take Quinn at #2, you must use my Raiders avatar until September. If neither player is selected at #2, then nothing changes. Sound fun?</div>
    Sounds like a fair and fun bet to me. Your on buddy! :rock:

19. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>Zack, you up for a bet?

If the Lions take Thomas at #2, I will wear a Lions avatar until September. If the Lions take Quinn at #2, you must use my Raiders avatar until September. If neither player is selected at #2, then nothing changes. Sound fun?</div>
    Sounds like a fair and fun bet to me. Your on buddy! :rock:</div>
    Woo a bet! Lets see is Zackman comes though on this one!

20. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mel Kiper in his mock draft has Russell going first, Joe Thomas to Detriot, and Brady Quinn falling to #9 and getting drafted by Miami</div>
    It's Miami for Brady Quinn.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#00CCFF">Fox Mock draft...Quinn falls to Dolphins</span></span>...(read the reason...)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6514944