Could Brady Quinn experience a Draft Free Fall??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by panthersare#1, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Let me say I do not understand all the man-crushes on BQ. You would think he's the 2nd coming.

I am going to trust Cam & Mueller, but, the phins has more pressing needs as well; OLT, CB, OG, even WR & OLB.

Like I said in the Major changes in Miami thread, <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Levi Brown may be the pick at #9...
    I'd rather they trade down in the 12 to 17 range and get Houston (CB from Arkansas).</div>
    It was a good crop of QB's taken in the first round last year. Even if Brohm were to have come out, <u>this year would not have been as good as last</u>.

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I just wanna say that I predicted the Brady Quinn freefall 3 months before the draft.

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Let me say I do not understand all the man-crushes on BQ. You would think he's the 2nd coming.

I am going to trust Cam & Mueller, but, the phins has more pressing needs as well; OLT, CB, OG, even WR & OLB.

Like I said in the Major changes in Miami thread, <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Levi Brown may be the pick at #9...
    I'd rather they trade down in the 12 to 17 range and get Houston (CB from Arkansas).</div>
    It was a good crop of QB's taken in the first round last year. Even if Brohm were to have come out, <u>this year would not have been as good as last</u>.</div>
    I think I just remembered where I heard the Brady Quinn "man crush" comment! [​IMG]

4. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

If panthers gets to gloat sooo do I..............................

Russell 1 Told Yall.
    And I also said Quinn would fall because he was not that good.

Now after the next couple of years I can come back and laugh at Quinn some more, ohhh and gloat on how good Russell is

5. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

I feel sorry for Quinn. Look at how much money he could have had. I know he said it wasn't about the money but that was on national TV and the guy isn't T.O. IOW, he definitely felt a sting every time he didn't get picked. Last Year's # 3 Pick signed a 57 Million dollar contract and the 22nd pick signed a 8 Million dollar contract. He is thinking "Ouch" to say the very least right now.

When he and Russell talked with Deion Sanders, Quinn was talking about how he wanted to buy homes for his family and all that. So yeah, money matters a lot.

6. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>I feel sorry for Quinn. Look at how much money he could have had. I know he said it wasn't about the money but that was on national TV and the guy isn't T.O. IOW, he definitely felt a sting every time he didn't get picked. Last Year's # 3 Pick signed a 57 Million dollar contract and the 22nd pick signed a 8 Million dollar contract. He is thinking "Ouch" to say the very least right now.

When he and Russell talked with Deion Sanders, Quinn was talking about how he wanted to buy homes for his family and all that. So yeah, money matters a lot.</div>
    Look at it this way, BQ will save on relocation expenses and poor JaMarcus has to move pretty much across country.

I don't feel sorry for Quinn... that just the way the cookie crumbled.

Besides, it was stated several times over the weekend that its the 2nd contract where you make the money.

7. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Everyone was saying that I was losing money. Well, I never had it to lose. In my wallet, I have, like, maybe a dollar in cash." -- Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn on the money his first-round slide cost him on his rookie contract</div>
    source for Quinn's thoughts on $ - see end of page

8. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't feel sorry for Quinn... that just the way the cookie crumbled.

Besides, it was stated several times over the weekend that its the 2nd contract where you make the money.</div>
    If he busts, my first post will be called, "Rookie Crumbled"

2nd contract? Unless you are Ryan Leaf.

9. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't feel sorry for Quinn... that just the way the cookie crumbled.

Besides, it was stated several times over the weekend that its the 2nd contract where you make the money.</div>
    If he busts, my first post will be called, "Rookie Crumbled"

2nd contract? Unless you are Ryan Leaf.</div>
    Rookie crumbled? rofl & wooooooooooooo!

I thought it was more likely the BQ would be the 2nd coming of Rick Mirer & maybe have a Theisman like career. I read somewhere today that he may be more like Tim Couch than Kosar (his boyhood hero).

10. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought it was more likely the BQ would be the 2nd coming of Rick Mirer & maybe have a Theisman like career. I read somewhere today that he may be more like Tim Couch than Kosar (his boyhood hero).</div>
    I think Quinn is among the elite of this season's QB crop. I think the DWO should have grabbed him at 9, since he was available.

You must understand though, the Jamarcus Russell is the new Phenom, and all the rest of his peers may not appear as good when comparing them side by side. I'm sure that everyone read the articles that would compare those two guys directly. Apples to Oranges?

That doesn't take much away from BQ though, in my opinion. I think a fair comparison would be between BQ and last year's Matt Leinart. Both has similar draft projections, both landed a bit lower, etc.

The DWO wants to steer clear of any draftees that may be rumored to have a noodle arm.

11. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

The Browns idiot front office is what ruined Tim Couch. Two days ago was the first signs that this pathetic franchise has had clue as to what is going on since the real Browns left town. They never bothered to try and fix the OL so that Couch could stand up while he was throwing and they were constantly trying to trade the one WR that Couch was using as a go-to guy. Hasn't anyone noticed how little people talk about the Browns? The Cardinals and Lions get more press. It's because the Browns haven't done anything worth talking about.

12. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think a fair comparison would be between BQ and last year's Matt Leinart. Both has similar draft projections, both landed a bit lower, etc.

The DWO wants to steer clear of any draftees that may be rumored to have a noodle arm.</div>
    All things being equal, I would take Leinart over Quinn. Matt has proven he can win the big game.

Dwo doesn't want noodle arms or PR's w/ defective wheels.

Ginn is coming w/ more hype than Dale's bud... you know... the dog fighting, water bottle carrying, indisputable one [​IMG]

13. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think a fair comparison would be between BQ and last year's Matt Leinart. Both has similar draft projections, both landed a bit lower, etc.

The DWO wants to steer clear of any draftees that may be rumored to have a noodle arm.</div>
    All things being equal, I would take Leinart over Quinn. Matt has proven he can win the big game.

Ginn is coming w/ more hype than Dale's bud... you know... the dog fighting, water bottle carrying, indisputable one [​IMG]</div>
    I'll bet that Dale plays the Falcons on Madden, and immediatly trades Vick for draft picks, lol.

14. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think a fair comparison would be between BQ and last year's Matt Leinart. Both has similar draft projections, both landed a bit lower, etc.

Ginn is coming w/ more hype than Dale's bud... you know... the dog fighting, water bottle carrying, indisputable one [​IMG]</div>
    I'll bet that Dale plays the Falcons on Madden, and immediatly trades Vick for draft picks, lol.</div>
    I don't play with the Falcons, but if I did, you'd probably be right. (If I did keep him, he wouldn't be playing QB.) I bet Michael would feel right at home in Cleveland.
    [​IMG]

15. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll bet that Dale plays the Falcons on Madden, and immediatly trades Vick for draft picks, lol.</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't play with the Falcons, but if I did, you'd probably be right. (If I did keep him, he wouldn't be playing QB.) I bet Michael would feel right at home in Cleveland.
    http://charliesfryes.com/db3/00211/charlie...al_IMG_0683.jpg</div>
    Holy cow! The 3 of us should know better than to play w/ the Falcons or specific maladjusted fans. rofl.

16. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I can not make myself play with the Falcons, but admittedly have traded for Schaub once or twice. [​IMG]

17. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can not make myself play with the Falcons, but admittedly have traded for Schaub once or twice. [​IMG]</div>
    Et, tu KC. Leaving Atl w/o a QB on their roster?

18. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Exactly.