Could it be Iguodala?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by axs88, Jun 21, 2010.

1. axs88

axs88 Active Member

An unnamed GM thinks Philly will trade Iguodala if Turner's the pick (because of redundancy).
    LINK

It looks like JPEC+Webster+Rudy (+pick+cash of course) for Iguodala should work. Obviously that's a bit of a ripoff, but Iggy's contract is quite big (4 yr, 56.5m), and Philly seems to be going towards a rebuilding phase now with the Dalembert-Hawes trade.

Sending out Martell and Rudy would ensure plenty of time for Batum, possibly in a Roy-Iggy-Batum lineup (all three of them could do some ball handling with Iguodala and Batum able to lock down PGs and wings).

2. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

taking my thunder!!! lol jk.. but seriously I hope not.

3. cdub503

cdub503 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't love it but wouldn't hate it either. That line up you said would be preeetty freaking long especially with aldridge and oden in it too

4. axs88

axs88 Active Member

For essentially nothing (the aforementioned package), I'd love it. Much better than taking on Brand's craptastic contract for a 22 year old Roy-clone in Turner.

5. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

He's one of the wing best defenders in the league. Pairing him with Nic and Aldridge/Oden would be sick.

And I would not throw out the possibility of a Roy-Ig-Nic-LA-GO lineup. There's enough ball handling and passing, but the only issue would be defense. But if Nic can handle PGs on a permanent basis like he did occasion with Nash in the playoffs, that lineup could do some serious damage.

6. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

I'd throw in Bayless, our picks and future picks but I still don't know if it would be enough. They might insist on Batum back, which I would be very hesitant to do.

Also, Joel cannot be traded until July 1st since he has an early termination option on his contract. So if we are talking draft day trades he cannot be a piece of it. Andre Miller could however.

7. Driew

Driew Well-Known Member

If this happens we'll be closer and closer to becoming the 76ers...first miller and then iguodala haha

EDIT: Also Rudy would STILL be a backup--poor guy.

8. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  9. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
  10. BGrantFan

BGrantFan Suspended

Draft day trades can't become official until after July 1st, at the earliest. Joel could be involved in a 'trade in principle', though. There is no problem with that at all as far as I know.

11. BGrantFan

BGrantFan Suspended

If it's Iguodala, it's not a game-changer for the Blazers.

12. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Turner is compared closest to Brandon Roy. So if Turner isn't going to complement Igguodola well, why would we try it here?

13. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Not in the sense that Lebron would be, but Iggy is Brandon Roy lite. He would be an incredible upgrade at the 3, and I love Batum.

He would give Portland another good ball handler on the wing, and a very good 3rd scorer. He also doesn't seem to mind playing defense.

14. BGrantFan

BGrantFan Suspended

I like Iggy, I just don't see him as any sort of deal that makes the Blazers an automatic contender. I mean, Batum received as many all-defensive votes as Andre, and Nic only played half of a season. Plus, Nic put up a 17.3 PER this year compared to Iggy's 17.8.

15. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

Iguodala would suffer the same way Miller did. Iguodala is an uptempo player that excels in the fast break.

16. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

I like the idea from a defensive standpoint, and I think you could probably even get away with a Miller, Roy, Iggy, LMA, Oden lineup. But offensively this would be tough fit. Brandon would be the square peg in the round hole and I don't think there's enough shooting on the wing to properly space the floor for drivers like Brandon or Iggy and Oden would be fighting double and triple teams every night.

For me it's got to be a point guard who can shoot the hell out of the ball, or 3 that can light it up from distance if you assume that Roy, LMA and Oden are still the cornerstones (and I believe they will be so at least one more year).

17. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    If it were Iguodala for close to nothing (expirings + Webster and Rudy), I think it's a game-changer. Just adding Iguodala to the core and subtracting nothing makes Portland much stronger.

Assuming they can work out a starting lineup with all three of Iguodala, Roy and Batum. Considering Iguodala has a very good Assist Rate, I think a creative solution can be found to make a Roy/Iguodala/Batum perimeter work. If so, and with Aldridge and Oden, that's a very stacked lineup without having too many "first options." Roy is the only clear cut first option, Oden may get there eventually and Aldridge, Iguodala and Batum all fit in very nicely as complementary players.

And team defense would suddenly become a strength with Batum, Iguodala, Oden and Aldridge. Roy is passable and if he's the worst defender, Portland is okay.

18. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

Then maybe that's why we might have interest in Mo Wiliams per another thread here

19. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Maybe ... For my money I'd rather the team pursued Darren Collison hard, he's similar of stature, but a better passer, longer arms and probably a better defender in the long term. He's not a veteran, but he is a talent.

20. OSUBlazerfan

OSUBlazerfan Writing Team

Dont you wish we would have just drafted the guy???

Kp.....