Countdown to the Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Bladow, May 29, 2007.

1. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

Re: Countdown to the Draft!!!

Here is another interesting Trade Rumor regarding AtlantaI dont have a lot of cap knowledge but from what I read Atlanta has some cap room but with the #3 and #11 pick that will put them over due to those salaries going directly against the cap. Rumors were that they are desperate for a point guard after M.Williams hasnt panned out well. Here is the rumor from a Blazer site I found:I have heard reference to this dealMarvin Williamsthe #3 pick (after the pick is made)Speedy Claxtonfor Jack and RandolphIt works just fine under the cap, if the trade is after the #3 pick is drafted. Atlanta has offered Marvin Williams around a lot, I have seen multiple references to him in many "rumors".If they do this it can be viewed 2 ways. They have decided on Oden, and want to remove the problem of 2 low post guys (Zach and Oden) together.Another way to look at this is that they want to draft Durant, and by drafting Horford they get the defensive minded low post player they want allowing them to also draft Durant as a compliment. There is no doubt that Pritchard wants Durant so bad he can taste it, and by doing this deal they set themselves up very strong in the middle (Joel, Aldridge, Horford, Marvin Williams, and LaFrentz to play PF and Center, freeing Durant up to play the SF.

2. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Man.. if Mike & Greg were to be in Portland together that would be great, they would mesh instantly and it would defently help Oden get a quicker start to his career in a way, if they Blazers be smart when they trade for the 3rd pick..if they decided to then I suggest the Jarret Jack & Randolf rather than Lamarcus, if somthing were to go down then I defently think it could help both teams, because Atlanta would be getting an above average power foward along with a point guard with that later draft pick they have, it works for both, im hoping it happens.

3. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amare320 @ Jun 26 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Man.. if Mike & Greg were to be in Portland together that would be great, they would mesh instantly and it would defently help Oden get a quicker start to his career in a way, if they Blazers be smart when they trade for the 3rd pick..if they decided to then I suggest the Jarret Jack & Randolf rather than Lamarcus, if somthing were to go down then I defently think it could help both teams, because Atlanta would be getting an above average power foward along with a point guard with that later draft pick they have, it works for both, im hoping it happens.</div>I dunno, im thinking there are better options than Conley. I think Sergio and Roy are going to be the floor generals for the team. If they got the #3 pick I would have to think they would be looking for someone to fill the #3 position. Halford, Brewer One other rumor was that if Portland pulled that trade off with Atlanta that they might go after the #2 pick as well. Randolph/Jack/2nd round pick for Williams/Speedy/#3Trade #3/Player/Allen's cash for #2 pick and get Durant as well. What if the Blazers were to get Oden and Durant.... .000001% chanceOdenAldridgeDurantRoyRodriguez /BlakeNow that would be an amazing team but my guess would be to get Durant it would cost them Aldridge or Roy + the #3 pick.Not gonna happen

4. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bladow @ Jun 27 2007, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno, im thinking there are better options than Conley. I think Sergio and Roy are going to be the floor generals for the team. If they got the #3 pick I would have to think they would be looking for someone to fill the #3 position. Halford, Brewer One other rumor was that if Portland pulled that trade off with Atlanta that they might go after the #2 pick as well. Randolph/Jack/2nd round pick for Williams/Speedy/#3Trade #3/Player/Allen's cash for #2 pick and get Durant as well. What if the Blazers were to get Oden and Durant.... .000001% chanceOdenAldridgeDurantRoyRodriguez /BlakeNow that would be an amazing team but my guess would be to get Durant it would cost them Aldridge or Roy + the #3 pick.Not gonna happen</div>If that happend then Oden & Durant could be like a happy family eh haha, yeh that's a long shot and a wish that every Blazer fan would want to come true.Portland just has to look to make the right moves in this years draft and throughout the offseason and yeh they should by fine and as long as they stick to building that young core of players they already have.

5. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

26 hours till draftheres a rumor I heard:trade w/ millwaukeAnother offer was with Portland, which desired No. 6 and Dan Gadzuric (and maybe someone else for money purposes) for Jarrett Jack and Joel Przybilla.

6. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

Tick tock tick tock1 hr to go