Zombie Crabbe Traded

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Wizard Mentor, Jun 6, 2019.

1. GDiama

GDiama Well-Known Member

Kyrie will be signed there only in prime years so being older I don't see it as a disadvantage. And D'Angelo will still need to be signed with max so the difference in money is not big as well. Kyrie is a clearly better player and only issue is character. In my opinion Kyrie is a lower risk because his floor is way higher, Russell just had 3 elite months so far.

2. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Kyrie and Butler could feck up their chemistry but both are excellent players when they are in form and trying. I don’t think they are getting KD, right now I would expect him to remain with Warriors or go to Clippers. Knicks just don’t make sense anymore.

3. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    If one of those teams gets Anthony Davis, like the Knicks, that could change everything though.

4. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I basically agree, with the caveat that if signing Kyrie is a necessity to also sign another max FA, that's more palatable/understandable.

I really like what they have in Dinwiddie, Levert, Kurucs and Allen. If they can add Butler to that, and swap DLo for Kyrie, they could be seriously dangerous.

5. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

Read up on Kyrie's health issues. He's 4 years older than Russel, but his body has already gone through a lot.
    If i'm not mistaken - Kyrie's max contract will be higher because he's a veteran.

6. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I'm not convinced Irving is a winner though. He sucked when he was at Cleveland without LeBron and then goes to an extremely talented Celtics team and they were a better team without him last year and Rozier running the point. Now Irving comes back and they struggled with chemistry all year.

7. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Dame >>>>> Kyrie

8. joeBlazers

joeBlazers Well-Known Member

If I were running the Knicks, I would make sure to resign Melo.

speeds and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  9. joeBlazers

joeBlazers Well-Known Member

Wonder how Kyrie screwed up Duke University... the 1 year he played there? More like the few games he played there !!!

10. GDiama

GDiama Well-Known Member

Around 5M per year. I don't think it's a big dif for what i believe is a clearly better player. Kawhi has had health issues, Butler too. But you cannot miss the opportunity if you are Brooklyn i think. And they ll probably sign Kyrie and keep Russell if the don't get some other superstar.

BonesJones likes this.
  11. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

The Nets are going after Butler+Randle, just makes sense for their team.

12. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

13. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Eastoff likes this.
  14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Read it again slowly. You'll get it. The sentence doesn't use commas properly.

The Brooklyn Nets have traded Allen Crabbe, the No. 17 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, and a protected first round pick in 2020, to the Atlanta Hawks for Taurean Prince and a 2021 second round pick.

15. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

That sucks.. Wonder why they pulled him over in the first place...

16. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

"We're told cops noticed the 27-year-old was "straddling lanes" around 11:30 PM -- so they pulled him over ... and during the stop, the officer suspected he was drunk. "

As someone who has been falsely pulled over several times for drunk driving, this is usually a bullshit excuse from the cops. It's just a reason to pull you over.

The first time they did it to me, I was 18 driving through West Linn late at night. I had just dropped off a friend at their house and I was heading home. I saw a cop coming from the other direction, I watched her flip a u-turn and follow me for a few miles before pulling me over. I wasn't speeding. I wasn't doing anything wrong. She said "I went over the double line." It was horse shit. She let me off because I didn't do anything wrong.

Second time I was driving in Hillsboro and it wasn't even really that late. Maybe like 10 or 11 on a Friday night. I had left a bar with a couple friends and I hadn't had a single thing to drink that night. We stopped at Winco and we bought a bunch of alcohol. My friends were pretty blasted. I was stone sober. We were going to get on 26 and head towards Beaverton but they lived just down the road so we changed our mind last minute and go back onto Cornelius Pass. Cop turned his lights on and pulled me over. This asshole pulled me out of the car and asked me about 20 times if I had been drinking. Didn't make me do a sobriety test. As he was deciding to let me go, a second patrol car was pulling in. They clearly thought I was drinking initially. I admit I was a little smug because I knew I hadn't done anything wrong.

I would love to see the video of Crabbe's traffic stop. Clearly he had been drinking because he blew a .08, but I would love to see proof of him driving irregularly.

dviss1 likes this.
  17. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

I think he blew the illegal limit.

dviss1 likes this.
  18. SwissBlazer

SwissBlazer Well-Known Member

I got arrested once. Through desert in Arizona. Driving a bit too fast. When i saw the lights i freaked out. Stopped and was shaking. He made fun of me and said to drive a bit slower next time. Sounds stupid I know. But over here cops aren't as scary as what we saw in the US. So it impressed me a whole lot

19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Note to self:

They pullin' over white folk for no reason in Hillsboro and West Linn after dark! Stay the fuck away from there!

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Just did a lil' research. .08 is not legal.