Craig Ehlo Quote Thread

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">What's wrong with that? I've heard it plenty of times before.</div>

Well he called 'heart' a statistic, which it isn't, which is why it wouldn't show up in the stat sheet, since the stat sheet only keeps track of, well, stats.

Hell I'm starting to sound like Ehlo. [​IMG]

2. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Roland Hood:</div><div class="quote_post">Well he called 'heart' a statistic, which it isn't, which is why it wouldn't show up in the stat sheet, since the stat sheet only keeps track of, well, stats.</div>

That's...the point?

3. Roland Hood

Maybe this'll make it easier, let's say he said 'No one ever mentions the orange when they talk about apples'

He called an orange an apple, which it isn't, which is why it never gets mentioned as an apple, because, well, it isn't an apple.

At any rate, it's a fine point, just splitting hairs here. I suppose I'm just harder on good ole' Craig.

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Well if you've heard it many times before, wouldn't that make it a cliche and therefore unoriginal?

5. Roland Hood

Portland game, end of the 1st half, after KC noted that it took Ray Allen 16 mins to get his first bucket: 'Yeah Ray usually gets it going in the 1st quarter, sometimes quicker'

6. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Roland Hood:</div><div class="quote_post">Portland game, end of the 1st half, after KC noted that it took Ray Allen 16 mins to get his first bucket: 'Yeah Ray usually gets it going in the 1st quarter, sometimes quicker'</div>

Well, we all know that 3 hour before the game Ray's shooting drills and his other pregame routines are legendary. There is no doubt that Ehlo's stellar work ethic as a commentator provides FSN listener's the insight to how Ray does get it going prior to tip off.[​IMG]

Ehlo is fu@king horrible and hilarious at the same time. I'm scared that b/c of the current state of the Sonics franchise (I don't think that he is a fan of Howard, Wally, or Bob Hill and I still think that he is highly disappointed in the players for their effort under Bob Weiss--for whom I know he had a great relationship with) KC may be soon out the door as well--to pursue greener pastures of course.

It's hard to hate Ehlo as a person, but I do think that KC hates working with him on a consistent basis.

7. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Lol, these Ehlo threads crack me up.[​IMG] I get to watch the occasional Sonics game, but really don't remember anything Ehlo said that has stuck with me. Next time I watch a Sonics game, though, I'll be sure to add.[​IMG]

8. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

KC is still on for next year but Ehlo's contract is up. He has said that he doesn't expect to be back, but doesn't really know what FSN's plans are. (KC works for the Sonics, Ehlo works for FSN.)

9. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

lol i don't think i'll miss him all that much. i mean the occasional dumb mistakes are funny but he's just not fun to listen to on the radio when i have to listen to the radio...[​IMG]

10. bravest

bravest BBW Member

Here's a new one:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">We saw Trevor Ariza at our restaurant yesterday with his new friend, Darko Milivic. M-Milicic. Didn't see Carlos Arrayvo though.</div>

11. bravest

bravest BBW Member

I think Ehlo just called the departed Ukraine-Train something totally weird: Pod-nop-penko.

12. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

I think he pronounced Potapenkos name wrong since last year...what a dork.

13. bravest

bravest BBW Member

It's always pronounced different, but I've never heard it like that.

Puhtopenko
    Pot-ta-pink-o

Now it's:

Pod-nop-penko

14. Roland Hood

NO/OK game, after a windmill dunk by Wilcox (I haven't watched many lately but wanted to check out the new guys): Wilcox has a nice little jumper but he's good around the rim, which is good for the Sonics, who need to get as close to the basket as they can so they can..uhm..score.

rofl

15. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

16. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

haha....there were a couple other quotes...

throughout the first half he kept calling Kirk Snyder, "Dirk" Snyder...I guess KC told him at the break that its KIRK not DIRK. Also...Nick had a bucket in the second half..."Great read by Nick...he got the ball...ball faked..shot faked....and layed it in".

17. hooper

hooper JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe I was hearing things, but I could have sworn that while talking to Seneca Wallace he actually said that being from Lubbock Texas, he naturally follows all of the Texas "graduators".

18. monty001

^^haha...you probably weren't hearing things...it was Craig at his best!!!

19. Roland Hood

Utah game, not really a typical Ehlo screw up but it just sounded funny to my sophomoric mind: 'You can always tell when Rashard's balls are going in'

20. monty001

haha yeah...then he also said in the pregame...talking about Luke. "he's showing great point-guard-ship-mans-ship..."