Crazy trade ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BoomChakaLaka, Nov 30, 2017.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

What's wrong with JJ Reddick? He also has an expiring contract.

2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I wonder if Dame would trade CJ to his hometown state Cavaliers for the BKN pick if it meant CJ would win a ring with LeBron and we'd win a ring in 5 years with a great, young core (Bagley+Porter+Reddish?)

3. BonesJones

Only way I trade CJ to PHI is if we get the LAL/SAC pick.

4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Ugh

BonesJones likes this.
  5. BonesJones

Lets say Charlotte isn't in playoff position at the trade deadline:

How much extra would it take for us to trade Turner for Batum? How much extra would you give up? A pick?

Batum is a better passing, 3pt version of Turner to me. He knows the system, and he's making slightly more for the same amount of time. Same age. Would fit and immediately become our starting 3 again and would work well with Nurkic on pick n' rolls.

6. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

At this Moment i wouldn't trade our 1st round pick. We Don't know how the direction of this team is. If we contuine to suck, and I am afraid we suck because the Schedule get's tougher, we could end up in the Lottery. So my oppinion, if we can not make a good run until the trade Deadline, no trading the 1st rounder!

7. Labinot41

But if the pick is Lottery protected then yes trade evan turnover + X for batum

8. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Exactly that, he has an expiring contract and would only help us this season only. I don't want us to be helped this season if we trade CJ, I want us to get a nice pick so we can get a nice player and build the future IF we decide to trade CJ.

BonesJones likes this.
  9. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

They will convey LAL pick this year unless Lakers for some reason get drawn in the top 3. This likely be no. 8 to no. 10.

Additionally, Philadelphia's own pick will be around 14 to 20 too. 20 is absolute worst case scenario and almost unthinkable IMO. If we give CJ away, our pick will be lottery too.

Let's say we get no. 8 (Lakers pick), no. 12 (our pick) and no. 16 (Philadelphia's pick after they scrap through the playoffs). That gets you one of Knox/Bridges, could be enough to get you Robert Williams and another nice young player. Obviously with drafted players it's hard to tell what they will become. I think you could also package two of those picks and get someone like Ayton, Porter or Doncic (Bagley will be off the table unless we are top 3 IMO).

Also, if you get three lottery picks, your odds of hitting top 3 can be quite good.

And you still have Saric who is a very nice talent, you get to keep Nurkic and by the time Leonard, Harkless and Turners contracts expire you will have all the new players well developed (along with Collins and Swanigan).

Lillard/new SG/Saric/Vonleh/Nurkic would even be a decent lineup next season and if we could package picks so that we end up with Doncic/Ayton and Knox/Bridges it would be great for our future (Collins will IMO also turn into a special player).

Not sure if Phila would want anything to do with that though. Redick is a great shooter and they will want to keep cap space for Summer to go after LeBron or George.

10. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

This roster is a collection of misfits. There was very little thought into building an actual roster, moreso than just acquiring talent.

There are guys sitting on the bench who can contribute 25-30 mpg but don't play because they don't fit with the other players on the roster. Guys like Shabazz, Noah, Collins, hell even ET would flourish on a team which needed their skillset/positional fit. It's time for Neil to actually build the team rather than spew his drivel about "talent acquisition methods." It's not the coach's fault when he has 2 PGs, 18 PFs, and 4 Cs, with one playable wing.

We're a middling team and wasting Dame's prime. On a roster that actually complemented him, he's a top 10 player, but he doesn't get recognized as such. It's my contention that he's a foundational piece. Get him a roster he can actually compete with -- the guy is busting his ass every night with very little to show for it. I've been anti-trading CJ for a bit, but it's painfully obvious that he's our best trade chip. Don't be scared, Neil-- any initial backlash will go away when we start winning 50 games consistently.

11. Labinot41

Blazers would have to take jerryd baylless contract too

12. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I'm comfortable with that. He'd be another weak player on the bench we are waiting on to have his contract expired.

Philadelphia are not taking CJ from us though. Truth be told, as good as CJ is, if we put him on the market I really don't see that many takers. He'd be perfect for Pelicans but they wouldn't offer Boogie or Davis for him. Looking at all remaining teams, nobody has a reason to trade for him, honestly, and those who have don't have the pieces.

BonesJones likes this.
  13. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

CJ + Collins for Middleton + Jabari .

Who says no?

14. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Bucks.

HailBlazers likes this.
  15. BigGameDamian

So Dario Saric isn't a nice player for the future and why are we always so afraid of players not resigning? That's one of the reasons we won't see another championship. We're always afraid.

16. BigGameDamian

No I'm afraid Parker will leave after the season. Don't take any chances!

17. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Saric is a nice player for the future, that's why I want him. I don't want Redick because he doesn't fit the bill. I very much doubt Phila would be open to letting him go anyway.

18. Labinot41

I say no. Middleton is inconstant and jabari has to many injuries so far. And right now, Zach Collins is untouchable for me. He has a ton of potencial

19. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    December 15th is Friday. First day players signed to contracts last summer can be traded. Should start the trade season off.

BonesJones likes this.
  20. BonesJones

You're wrong on the pick protections. PHI gets it if it's 1 or 6 or lower. BOS Gets it if it's 2-5.
    I still think CLE is the better option. They could use another scoring threat.

I do like your logic. I would try to trade Davis and Aminu for 1-2 firsts after the CLE trade to try to accumulate picks to trade up. Ayton could possibly play the 4 as he's skilled and seems mobile. An Ayton, Nurkic, Collins, and Vonleh frontcourt would be nice.

Potter could fall to 5 with his injury issue. The only player other than Bamba, Ayton, Bagleu, Porter, or Doncic that could be top 5 is Sexton. He'd be a fun guard to have off the bench, and he's 6'3 so he might be able to play some SG and make up for his lack of size at the position with his insane intensity. Portland would love him. And then there's Jaren Jackson at 7. Any of those guys would be nice to have.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017