Crazy trade ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BoomChakaLaka, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Yeah and the only way Boston will get it if it's 2 or 3 because it won't be 4 or 5, is what I mean.

We would have to take some true dross off Cleveland's hands to accommodate the deal.

2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I could see NYK trading for him. I would take Noah, McDermott, and their 2018 and 2020 UNPROTECTED 1sts.
    Or
    Trade CJ to DAL for McRoberts, Harris, and their Unprotected 1st. Smith+CJ is a nice backcourt going forward.
    Or
    Trade him to LAC for their pick + filler.

Idk.

3. BonesJones

I think it'd be worth it for an unprotected 1st. And LAL started off good last year, they could definitely slip.

4. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Not enough for me. I want more for CJ. A decent player plus a good pick is minimum, hence Saric plus pick suggestion.

Orlando would be a fairly good destination. Their management is dumb as feck so we could probably get Fournier, unprotected 2018 pick and another player like Simmons from them.

The dream would be to somehow get Mitchell from Utah as I absolutely love his potential but there is zero reason for Utah to ever go for that. I wish we got him last Summer - not even for no. 10 pick but by trading with Denver instead of Utah. They just got Lyles plus no. 24 for him, we could have offered no. 26 and a different player. Mitchell with Lillard would be perfect explosive backcourt.

Labinot41 likes this.
  5. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

They won't be a bottom 5 team. Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, Sacramento and Phoenix are comfortably worse than them and own their picks hence have reason to tank.

Phoenix have been tanking for 3 or 4 years running and they appear to have got 1 decent player for it... Kind of shows how tough it is to tank successfully. Then again Philadelphia got Okafor and Noel but also Simmons and Embiid who will probably win them championship at one point.

6. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Mitchell is 6'3 we would basically be in the same boat.

7. AFully22

AFully22 Well-Known Member

Sign and trade w/ LAL. Moe+CJ for Kuzma, KCP, Clarkson. KCP being the sign and trade.

8. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

He is an excellent defender so that makes up for the lack of size.

9. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

I'm one of the biggest CJ fans around - but his play this season has disgusted me.
    He's either taken to heart some really bad advice from Melo, or is dogging it to get traded.
    A guy of his intelligence doesn't play the way he is without being aware of the negative ramifications of it.
    If he's going top play that way then trade his ass. As it is he's not a team player.

Both our guards are intelligent guys, yet their play a lot of the time is the exact opposite of that.
    Very disappointing & sets a bad example.

Blow it up - trade anyone over 23 years old. clean house - coaches, team psychologist, burn the Nike jerseys - get complete new culture happening.

10. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Well, I guess it would be crazy to try for Paul George at this point; it would seem doubtful we could pull it together enough for the rest of the season to persuade him to re-sign. But if we were crazy? Make the same offer we made to Indiana; Basically anyone besides Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic? Harkless, Collins, Swanigan, Napier, a draft pick? I would feel much better if we could get him without including Collins but......
    Or trade McCollum and ask for additional assets back: Abrines, draft pick?
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchl...paul-george-in-the-coming-weeks/#43fbf3a26dce

BonesJones likes this.
  11. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

NO COLLINS TRADE!!! He and Dame should be untouchable! Collins will be so good in the Future, he has so much potencial. CJ yes but only when PG13 promise to re-sign in Portland, if not we should stay Away from PG13

12. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

These are probably our 5 best non Dame/CJ players so far this year. Would you destroy our big-man depth (Intentionally didn't include Harkless or Turner because they're probably the least desirable guys on the squad right now) for two expiring all-stars who probably wouldn't stick around? Not saying it's particularly realistic, but the concept is intriguing to me.

upload_2017-12-13_11-25-54.png

Dame/CJ/Turner/George/Cousins
    Bazz/PC/Harkless/Swanigan/Collins

13. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

CJ Hark and a conditional 1st to orlando for vucevic, hezonja and a second

Then use the tpe to bring in another wing

Typhoid Jerry likes this.
  14. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Holy hell, Platy. LOL. That front 5 is freaking amazing.

15. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

The only trade that makes sense for George is Harkless, Davis and a 2018 first round pick, unprotected. Could be mildly interesting for Thunder because they could do with a backup center, they get a young wing they can trade for cap space if he gets back some kind of form and a first round pick that will likely be between 15 and 22 so not great but not terrible either and if they package this with Utah pick they have this could get them into top 10 - and once they trade George their own pick could end up between 10 and 15 too.

That's still a bad deal for them but they clear salary and at least get a small return for a player that will leave in six months anyway.

16. BonesJones

I'd rather trade CJ to OKC, let PG go to CLE, and get that BKN pick back.
    How bout this as the best 5-team trade ever assembled? Seriously, I know it's a crazy 5-team trade but it might be the best one ever assembled:

OKC Gets: CJ McCollum
    OKC Trades: Paul George
    NOP Gets: Al-Farouq Aminu / Ed Davis / Jae Crowder / JR Smith
    NOP Trades: Top 3 Protected 2018 NOP 1st / Top 3 Protected 2020 NOP 1st / Omer Asik / Alexis Ajinca / Solomon Hill
    LAC Gets: Top 3 Protected 2020 NOP 1st / Top 5 Protected 2021 CLE 1st / Alexis Ajinca / Ante Zizic / Cedi Osman / Dante Cunningham
    LAC Trades: DeAndre Jordan
    CLE Gets: Paul George, DeAndre Jordan
    CLE Trades: Unprotected2018 BKN 1st / Top 5 Protected 2021 CLE 1st / JR Smith / Iman Shumpert / Jose Calderon / Ante Zizic / Cedi Osman
    POR Gets: Unprotected 2018 BKN 1st (via CLE) / Top 3 Protected 2018 NOP 1st / Iman Shumpert / Solomon Hill / Omer Asik (TPE) / Jose Calderon /
    POR Trades: CJ McCollum / Al-Farouq Aminu / Ed Davis /

-Cleveland would have a lineup of
    Thomas / George / LeBron / Love / Jordan
    -OKC would replace PG with a SG who likely fits better next to Westbrook with his spot up shooting and who's young and locked in for four years or so
    -LAC trades DeAndre for two future firsts which could both be in the lottery depending on how things play out, as well as some solid young players while reducing salary
    -NOP trades two picks to shed their bad contracts and add serious depth. Their rotation would now consist of
    Rondo/Holiday/Crowder/A.Davis/Cousins backed up by
    Nelson/JRSmith/Aminu/Davis

Lets say Portland loses 7-8 wins after this trade... Based on projections at https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/projections/standings/, we'd have the following picks:
    7th (BKN)
    8th (POR)
    ~17th (NOP)

That's some serious ammo to trade into the top 3, if we don't get lucky enough to hit some ping pong balls. With the 7th and 8th picks, Portland would have a 25% chance at having a pick in the top 3, and a 7.1% chance at the 1st pick.

17. BonesJones

Simpler version:
    OKC Gets: McCollum, Crowder
    CLE Gets: George, 2018 OKC 1st
    POR Gets: 2018 BKN 1st, Shumpert, Abrines

18. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

George won't resign here anyway though and we won't contend this season with him either, I think. Would be a poor move now.

There are IMO five teams for whom it makes sense to go after him and have the assets to get this done and match salaries. Those are Lakers, 76ers, Cavaliers, Bucks and Pelicans.

19. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

OKC's first belongs to Jazz.

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Banned for trying to give CJ to the Fake show?

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.