Crouch: Rotation keeps us hungry

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Sep 27, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<h3 id="headline" class="headline"><span id="articleDetailHeadline_8643">Crouch: Rotation keeps us hungry</span></h3>
    <h3 id="headline" class="headline">Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has warned hat-trick hero Fernando Torres about the club's rotation policy.</h3>

Torres, the club's record &pound;24million buy from Atletico Madrid,hit a stunning second-half treble to send Reading out of the Carling Cup at the Madejski Stadium on Tuesday night.</p>

Liverpool triumphed 4-2 and although Torres was the star of the show, coach Rafael Benitez was unable to guarantee the Spain international a place in his starting line-up for the Barclays Premier League game against Wigan this weekend.</p>

Torres was omitted from Liverpool's starting line-up for the last two league games against Portsmouth and Birmingham and both ended in goalless draws.</p>

Crouch, who played alongside the Spaniard in Tuesday night's victory, said: "It is certainly something he (Torres) will have to get used to. The manager likes to chop and change the team but as long as it works and we play like we did at Reading, then I'm sure there won't be too many people complaining.</p>

"It keeps every player hungry. You don't want to be out of the side, so you've got to perform when given the chance. The players who came in have done that.</p>

"He was magnificent tonight. The thing about Fernando is that he's a top class player but he works so hard for the team. You can see that. The manager obviously likes all the players to work hard and the strikers to track back and he does that extremely well, as well as his more obvious qualities.</p>

PHYSICAL SIDE</p>

"His goals were fantastically taken and it was a superb all round performance.</p>

"He's a strong lad and he proved that he can certainly cope with the physical side. He comes from a different way of playing - Spanish football is different to English football - but he's an extremely strong physical player. He has pace and attributes to help him cope with that. I'm sure he's going to be a force this year.</p>

"He speaks a bit of English, he's not confident enough to do interviews yet but in the dressing room he's got a bit about him and it's always good to see a player trying to adapt and learn the language. He's a good lad. The Spanish lads are helping him settle in.</p>

"I enjoy playing with a player with such blistering pace as Fernando. I'll hold the ball up and get in the box, he can run onto the loose balls and get in behind defences, I certainly think we complement each other. Fernando can win things in the air as well but the fact that he is pacy and reads the flicks helps him get in behind."</p>

REALLY FIRING</p>

Liverpool are now unbeaten in 10 games so far and Crouch believes they are close to getting the winning mentality displayed by Chelsea and Manchester United over the last three seasons.</p>

Crouch added: "We want to be as consistent as we can. Chelsea and Manchester United have proved how consistent you have to be to get anywhere near winning the league and we need to turn some of those draws into wins now.</p>

"Ten unbeaten is a good start for us. It could have been even better but we need to get that winning mentality that the other two had last year and I believe we are getting that.</p>

"We've certainly got strength in depth. The manager has a lot of players at his disposal. We are going to challenge on all fronts this year. I really believe that.</p>

"The players the manager has brought in seem to have settled straight away and we've got off to a good start. Sometimes it can take a while to bed in but they've come in and are really firing. That's good for the squad and good for the team."</p>

[​IMG]</p>

Peter Crouch</p>

[​IMG]</p>

Fernando Torres</p>

2. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">Well he probaly ill be sold in a season or two mark my words</font></p>

3. CelticKing

Where would he go though?</p>

But you're right, with Torres theres really no space for him. (unless torres is in the bench)</p>

4. ftorres

ftorres Member

Crouch dont look to fit in he needs to be played regular but if he dose perform nomaly towards end of season benitez seems to stick to 1 squad like he did last season but crouch is a good player</p>

5. CelticKing

Theres not much that he does though during the game, except wait for headers.</p>

6. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<font face="Arial">What the hell is that thing running across Crouchio?</font></p>

7. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hudge)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<font face="Arial">What the hell is that thing running across Crouchio?</font></p>

</div></p>

graphics that EPL official site did... lol</p>

</p>