Culpepper or McNabb?

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by vikingfan, Sep 1, 2003.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

As a Vikings fan, I always have felt a competition between Culpepper and McNabb in the media. Who is the better QB? Who would be better to have on a team for the long haul.

Culpepper obviously got an answer from the Vikings this last offseason with his enormous contract...but is he worth it? If so, how much is McNabb worth?

2. vpotch

vpotch nfl-*****s member

McNabb is 100 times better than Culpepper, and barring an injury, he'll get a huge contract as well. Culpepper is REALLY over-rated.

3. vikingfan

REALLY overrated? Wow...I think today's numbers look pretty good for him:

15 for 30, 195 yards passing, 3 TD's, 50 yards rushing.

I'm not saying McNabb is a bad quarterback or that he is even inferior to Culpepper, but Pep is not overrated.

4. Purple Slurper

Purple Slurper nfl-*****s member

Yeah, and after McNabb's less than stellar performance last night I would begin to think that he is still a bit afraid of the Tampa defense. I think he will rebound, but my God! He absolutely looked pathetic!

5. vikingfan

Lucky for me I have him on my fantasy team...yikes.

6. Purple Slurper

Purple Slurper nfl-*****s member

Looks like McNabb might not be as good a QB as we all thought before this fantasy season. The Eagles are in trouble if they don't get a win next week

7. vikingfan

I am very close to dropping him altogether from my fantasy team. I am running with Collins and Ramsey who are putting up great fantasy numbers.

8. Dolphins

Dolphins nfl-*****s member

This year Mcnabb.... Culpepper sux this year!!!

9. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

are you kidding, mcnabb has turnedthe year around but cullpepper is having a great year. so is moss, who is the 1 responsible for it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dolphins wrote:

This year Mcnabb.... Culpepper sux this year!!!
    </div>

10. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I would say Mcnabb is better only because he takes care of the ball more than culpepper. If culpepper can continue tomake better decisions he will be one of the best in the league. He has taken a step in the right direction this year but until he does it consistently on a year to year basis all those bombs he hits moss with will continue to mean nothing.

11. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>vikingfan wrote:

As a Vikings fan, I always have felt a competition between Culpepper and McNabb in the media. Who is the better QB? Who would be better to have on a team for the long haul.
    </div>

I am still hoping Couch emerges from that '99 class. If he can ever get away from the "boo-birds" in Cleveland, he may start to produce more consistantly.

12. Philly_Freak93

If Mcnabb had moss hed be a lot better. culpepper inherited moss, and mcnabb inherited crap. mcnabb plays hurt all year, runs for TDs, passes TDs, and is a better allaround qb with a lot less.

hes done more with a WHOLE lot less. cullpepper came into the league and had carter,moss, i forget the RB but he was good, he now has moss and bennetplays in a dome and still cant win big games

mcnabb has reid westbrook and a defense thats all he has never had a O-weapon untill this year with westbrook. he plays outside in a tough place(the vet when it was up) and now a new stadium.

mcnabb handels controversy and smiles in the huddle, makes jokes and is better.
    with that being said, i wanted cullpepepr in the 99 draft mcnabb second, james. we got the second player i wanted and im fine with that.

13. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Culpepper has never had the solid team defense that McNabb has had to win big games so it's not all him when they don't win big games. As for playing hurt all year I'd say Culpepper takes the cake this year. Dawk did you forget he broke 3 small bones in his back early in the season and only missed one game? Along with some banged up ribs? And his numbers are still better than McNabb. I'd say ribs and broken back are a little worse than a thumb.

14. Philly_Freak93

he has the offensive power. mcnabb has no1

15. nfl-forums

nfl-forums nfl-*****s member

The again, Culpepper has also suffered from weak offensive lines. The reason he is the top rated passer in the NFC this year? A better offensive line giving him time.

Last year he coughed the ball up a lot. Of course he is responsible to protect the ball, but when he gets sacked as many as 7 times a game (See New Orleans game) you know there are problems.

I don't know how McNabb's O Line is, but I'm willing to guess it has been more consistent.

16. Philly_Freak93

wow, the admin here posts football to, i like it

but mcnabbs o-line is one of the best when they play. runyan is one of the best T in the league, but doesnt get credit form players becasue he is a dirty player and isnt liked by alot, tra thomas is overrated. he shows the De if its a run or pass play by the way he sets his feet. 1 foot back= pass, both feet up=run. fraley is a good center, mayberry and welbourn are both underated guards. the most important thing that is they all played together for a few years and jell

earlier this year they gave up sacks, but it wasnt their fault, mcnabb danced to much and gave the DEs time to get there. id say our o-line is one of the best in the league.

17. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I'd take Culpepper over McNabb in a heartbeat. He has turned out to be a great QB dispite the Coaching change and Moss and Cris Carter acting like idiots. A great draft pick and a future Hall of Famer. McNabb is good but he has a long way to go to be in Culpepper's class.

18. Philly_Freak93

please zackamn, support you opinions of why a QB thats on the alltime list of win% and TD:RATIO is less than a turnover machine that had 2 HOF and top 5 alltime WRs to thorw to

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Zackman wrote:

I'd take Culpepper over McNabb in a heartbeat. He has turned out to be a great QB dispite the Coaching change and Moss and Cris Carter acting like idiots. A great draft pick and a future Hall of Famer. McNabb is good but he has a long way to go to be in Culpepper's class.
    </div>