Dallas not scared of Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by truebluefan, Oct 3, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

All due respect to Peyton Manning, but some Dallas Cowboys defenders would rather not participate in all the raving about the Denver Broncos quarterback's record-setting pace.

Manning leads the league in every major passing category entering Sunday's game at AT&T Stadium, having thrown for 1,470 yards and 16 touchdowns without an interception during Denver's 4-0 start. Those numbers, along with Manning's 138.0 passer rating, project to shatter NFL records for a season.

Naturally, Manning's spectacular start has provided ample fodder for media questioning in the Cowboys' locker room this week.

"I'm sick of hearing about Peyton Manning this and that and that," said linebacker Ernie Sims, who expects to replace struggling starter Bruce Carter in the lineup Sunday. "We've got to go out and do what we've got to do. You hear it all the time. Guys walk in the locker room: 'Peyton Manning threw for four touchdowns, this and that.' I'm just sick of it.

read more http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...se-sick-hearing-peyton-manning-denver-broncos

2. mgb

mgb Over-Nite Sensation

I just hope we are not sicker of it after this game. Dallas has been lit up through the air and Manning will probably do a number on Dallas as well. Really hope I'm wrong.

3. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    Bruce Carter and Mo have both lost their starting jobs so I guess we will see if that fixes the problem but I have no hope that the Cowboys secondary can hold Manning to 300 yards and 2 TDs. It will be a combined 70+ point game and I think our only hope is to try and control the clock with our run game because we aren't winning a shootout.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

4. mgb

mgb Over-Nite Sensation

Pfffftt Shows what you know. Combined 99 points. Wait that is over 70. Never mind.